Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        This time it wasn't a school

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: This time it wasn't a school

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/3/17194258/y ... a-shooting

Quote:
A shooter on Tuesday injured multiple people at YouTube’s headquarters in San Bruno, California, according to police.

San Bruno police confirmed an “active shooter, but the shooting is now believed to be over. Police also confirmed at least one person — a woman whom they believe to be the shooter — was dead, and multiple people were injured.

On and on it goes.

Last edited by Transient on 04-03-2018 04:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder what the motive was. Jilted lover, sacked employee or just psycho :smirk:

I can't see picture...
Trying a fix :)

Quote mine to see the fix.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 05:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some reports say she shot her boyfriend and then shot herself. Though this doesn't say much for stricter control. California is one of the strictest states in the country. I'm sure this story will disappear quickly. There will be no national march or protesting. Sad indeed.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Some reports say she shot her boyfriend and then shot herself. Though this doesn't say much for stricter control. California is one of the strictest states in the country. I'm sure this story will disappear quickly. There will be no national march or protesting. Sad indeed.

Given that I too am sure the story will disappear quickly :smirk:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 08:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's almost like people might think 17 children killed in a school shooting is more concerning then 1 boyfriend shot by an upset girlfriend. :question:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 10:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/04/you ... filtering/

Quote:
Tonight San Bruno police identified the shooter at YouTube's HQ as Nasim Aghdam, a 39-year-old woman from San Diego and said there is no evidence she knew the victims or that they were specifically targeted. While the sources have not confirmed a reason behind the attack, now that her name is known we've found a number of videos from her posted on YouTube and other sites saying that she was a vegan athlete and animal rights activist.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I can't wait for the news cycle tomorrow.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-04-2018 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
It's almost like people might think 17 children killed in a school shooting is more concerning then 1 boyfriend shot by an upset girlfriend. :question:

So mentally disturbed people killing others in gun free zones is only important if it kills multiple targets? Even more important if an AR-15 is used. :tard:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-04-2018 04:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Quote:
Tonight San Bruno police identified the shooter at YouTube's HQ as Nasim Aghdam, a 39-year-old woman from San Diego and said there is no evidence she knew the victims or that they were specifically targeted. While the sources have not confirmed a reason behind the attack, now that her name is known we've found a number of videos from her posted on YouTube and other sites saying that she was a vegan athlete and animal rights activist.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I can't wait for the news cycle tomorrow.

Apparently she was upset that her YouTube channel got demonetized. Don't worry there won't be much more news on this.

Fucking nut job...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 06:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And just like that, it's gone...

Non-white woman, with pistol shoots people in a gun free environment in a heavily regulated gun control state.

Nothing to be seen here when it doesn't fit the agenda.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 06:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just goes to show how normal something like this has become in the US. If anything, this should tell you that the gun problem is much worse than you're thinking.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're naive if you think the media isn't making more out of this because this is somehow "normal". There is nothing normal about this shooting. It doesn't fit the gun control movement's current agenda. That's why the story is gone and no one is talking about it.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 09:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dunno, i would have thought this would last a little longer in the news cycle. The shooter was a chick, which is a novelty in and of itself, but she also had a foreign name and accent. Not to mention a bunch of YouTube videos to pick apart. :shrug:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Exactly...

Female mass shooter (rare)
Shooter's motive (rare/strange)
Place of shooting (rare/large popular corporation)

Nothing normal or everyday about this shooting. To make it worse for the agenda driven narrative it happened in California. I guess without an AR-15 it's not a news (agenda) worthy shooting.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 11:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is your point that the attention for the recent school shooting is overdone?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My point is, the gun control movement has an agenda and shootings aren't important unless they meet a certain criteria. This bullshit story we keep hearing about preventing the loss of life is just a smoke screen to elicit sympathy. They don't care about gun deaths and they don't care about better regulating the distribution of firearms. I'd go as far as saying they don't even care about "gun control". They want to ban the AR-15 type rifles and that's it.

Why care/focus so much on a tool that is responsible for so little (1% of gun related deaths)? All this attention to something that has such an insignificant impact on mortality seems ridiculous. There's no proof that banning AR-15s is going to save any lives. Certainly not enough to justify penalizing millions of citizens. Banning the AR-15 only serves one true purpose and that's to remove the last substantial layer of resistance between the people and it's government.

They don't want all of the guns or even the guns that cause most deaths. They want the AR-15. :tard:

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 04:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a weird thread to try make that point. Some lady failing at killing anybody but herself with a pistol vs some kid who mowed down 17 people with an AR-15.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So the female mass shooter with ultra strange motive in high profile company is lost on you? Okay...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 08:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Women suck at killing... :olo: ...

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 11:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Banning the AR-15 only serves one true purpose and that's to remove the last substantial layer of resistance between the people and it's government.

They don't want all of the guns or even the guns that cause most deaths. They want the AR-15. :tard:

Sorry... What? :olo:

Are you and your gun friends planning some kind of assault rifle fuelled uprising?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 10:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps put on his tinfoil hat this time

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Banning the AR-15 only serves one true purpose and that's to remove the last substantial layer of resistance between the people and it's government.

Sorry... What? :olo:

Are you and your gun friends planning some kind of assault rifle fuelled uprising?

Hes too much of a pussy. Lets be honest.

Its why he has all the guns. Gotta make up for that fear somehow.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DOPEboy calling someone a pussy. :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 07:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Gramps put on his tinfoil hat this time

Explain the rational behind the laser beam focus on such an insignificant target.

You might want to stop eating the tinfoil first.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 10:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure them protesting kids are asking for stricter gun control in general, not just for AR-15's.

Besides, the whole "defend against oppressive governments" argument is such a terribly weak one. And you know it.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 11:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They have drones. You aren't stopping a tyrannical government with an AR.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm pretty sure them protesting kids are asking for stricter gun control in general, not just for AR-15's.

Besides, the whole "defend against oppressive governments" argument is such a terribly weak one. And you know it.

Nobody gives a shit about what those kids are asking for, not even the people funding their movement. They're being used to elicit sympathy and sway opinion. This is completely evident by the present agenda. As they aren't pressing for stricter regulations and better mental health programs. Sure those things have been mentioned. But there haven't been any emergency meetings by congress or local government to fast track that type legislation. They want bump-fire stocks and AR-15 style rifles and no other substantial reason besides "they look scary" is being given.

Nice dodge on the explanation. :rolleyes:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
They have drones. You aren't stopping a tyrannical government with an AR.

Well then there's nothing to worry your pretty little naive head about then. If they are no threat to the government, only cause 1% of gun deaths and .000093% of all deaths, every law abiding citizen who wants one should be able to have one.

Glad you agree...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 07:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So who is "they"?
The government? No shit the government isn't doing much. They all have NRA representatives fistdeep up their assholes.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 07:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh and what about the "oppressive government" argument? How do you see that play out? Especially after the gov't shut down supply transports of ammunition to your local Walmart?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Nobody gives a shit about what those kids are asking for, not even the people funding their movement.

Who is funding their movement, exactly?

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
DOPEboy calling someone a pussy. :olo:

Remember, I'm actually the one who worked in law enforcement, while you pretend to know anything about it. Big old pussy here. Sure am.

I'm also not the one who needs guns to feel like a man and pretend to protect my home.

:olo: :olo: :olo:

YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Nobody gives a shit about what those kids are asking for, not even the people funding their movement. They're being used to elicit sympathy and sway opinion. This is completely evident by the present agenda. As they aren't pressing for stricter regulations and better mental health programs. Sure those things have been mentioned. But there haven't been any emergency meetings by congress or local government to fast track that type legislation. They want bump-fire stocks and AR-15 style rifles and no other substantial reason besides "they look scary" is being given.

Nice dodge on the explanation. :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

This post right here, sums you up.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. EVERYONE with a brain, knows that guns like an AR-15 have no fucking purpose in a civilized world. This isn't about overthrowing or fighting a tyrannical government, You mother fuckers want your toys.

Just admit you want your toys. People wouldn't give you so much shit. But you assholes continue to lie about shit like protecting your home.

I hate to break it to you man. But you'd be dead before you got your AR ready in a home invasion. You'd be asleep, And you'd wake up to Click, Clack, Blam. Why? Because by the time your stupid ass wakes up, grabs it, and actually aims, You're dead by anyone who realizes you may be armed. I'm also guessing you advertise your guns in one way or another.

You have no fuckin idea. None. Shit happens so fast the only thing you MIGHT be able to react with is a pistol. Period. That throws the AR out as home defense.

When you've been through a home invasion, a no knock raid or two, etc. Come talk to me old man. You live a sheltered hillbilly lifestyle and think you know shit. You have no idea. Your AR isnt a home defense weapon, Its a toy. Just admit that and move on when they ban your toy.

If I'm entirely wrong, and you arent using the home defense argument. What one are you using? Any reason you couldn't just have it locked up at a gun range and use it there only? Why does it need to be always accessible in your home?

Lots of ways to skin a cat. Just gotta actually care about people other than yourself and your toys.

Transient wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Nobody gives a shit about what those kids are asking for, not even the people funding their movement.

DEM GARD DAMN LEFTIST HOLLYWOOD TYPES RUININ MERICA

He also ignored the fact that most people who are against AR-15s (And every other assault rifle or SMG thats been "de-pinned" and "easily" put back to full auto) dont say its because its scary. Everyone at some point talks about the EASE of getting one, Then murdering dozens of people so easily. Its a TOOL designed to KILL HUMANS. It wasnt designed to hunt fucking deer.

Hes just a moron. Who wants his toys to not get taken away.
I mean, I get why hes scared. If they mental health check him, hes fucked.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Oh and what about the "oppressive government" argument? How do you see that play out? Especially after the gov't shut down supply transports of ammunition to your local Walmart?

Dodge and weave, dodge and weave... Listen I understand you can't explain it without agreeing with me. It otherwise makes no sense.

BTW, there are plenty of Americans sitting on thousands of rounds of ammo.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 11:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

Who EXACTLY picked the vegetables eat? Who EXACTLY built the car you drive? Do I have to know "exactly" who's funding it to know its happening?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Remember, I'm actually the one who worked in law enforcement, while you pretend to know anything about it. Big old pussy here. Sure am.

I'm also not the one who needs guns to feel like a man and pretend to protect my home.

:olo: :olo: :olo:

Who's pretending? I know one thing for sure. You would have a different approach to this conversation in my presence, pussy.

SOAPboy wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

This post right here, sums you up.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. EVERYONE with a brain, knows that guns like an AR-15 have no fucking purpose in a civilized world. This isn't about overthrowing or fighting a tyrannical government, You mother fuckers want your toys.

Just admit you want your toys. People wouldn't give you so much shit. But you assholes continue to lie about shit like protecting your home.

I hate to break it to you man. But you'd be dead before you got your AR ready in a home invasion. You'd be asleep, And you'd wake up to Click, Clack, Blam. Why? Because by the time your stupid ass wakes up, grabs it, and actually aims, You're dead by anyone who realizes you may be armed. I'm also guessing you advertise your guns in one way or another.

You have no fuckin idea. None. Shit happens so fast the only thing you MIGHT be able to react with is a pistol. Period. That throws the AR out as home defense.

When you've been through a home invasion, a no knock raid or two, etc. Come talk to me old man. You live a sheltered hillbilly lifestyle and think you know shit. You have no idea. Your AR isnt a home defense weapon, Its a toy. Just admit that and move on when they ban your toy.

If I'm entirely wrong, and you arent using the home defense argument. What one are you using? Any reason you couldn't just have it locked up at a gun range and use it there only? Why does it need to be always accessible in your home?

Lots of ways to skin a cat. Just gotta actually care about people other than yourself and your toys.

Your childish rant speaks volumes about what you actually know (which isn't shit). Almost no one would choose an AR-15 for home or self defense. Most would choose a shot gun or compact 45. But you're welcome to come by my home any time and test out your home invasion theory, pussy.

SOAPboy wrote:
DEM GARD DAMN LEFTIST HOLLYWOOD TYPES RUININ MERICA

He also ignored the fact that most people who are against AR-15s (And every other assault rifle or SMG thats been "de-pinned" and "easily" put back to full auto) dont say its because its scary. Everyone at some point talks about the EASE of getting one, Then murdering dozens of people so easily. Its a TOOL designed to KILL HUMANS. It wasnt designed to hunt fucking deer.

Hes just a moron. Who wants his toys to not get taken away.
I mean, I get why hes scared. If they mental health check him, hes fucked.

Why aren't AR-15s killing more people if they are so dangerous? ONLY 1% OF GUN DEATHS. Eh, never mind.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.