Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        This place is depressing...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: This place is depressing...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 05:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It’s all shooting, RIP, and birthday threads. Nothing like celebrating another year closer to death, eh?

How bout some uplifting news:

Scientists are preparing to launch the world's first machine to clean up the planet's largest mass of ocean plastic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 17226.html

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 06:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Boring... GoPro urself jumping off the burj to ur death and I will forgive u...

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 08:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All I do is VR and Work. Theres like 1 person here with VR and I'm pretty much a hermit these days. Outside of our e-sports shit and work my only positive news is VR related most the time. :D

Speaking of. BoxVR is seriously a great game. Highly recommend checking it out. Fantastic workout (Fuck a gym), lots of fun, and the music engine is fantastic for making maps to play.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There’s plenty of good news out there but good news doesn’t make headlines and are probably so plentiful that it seems almost routine. If we all started posting nonstop threads about baby/pet photos, motivational quotes, and YOLO things, I’d probably kill myself.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 08:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another satellite launched recently is TESS. It's paving the way for the James Webb Space Telescope, which will replace the Hubble and is some 20x more powerful.
https://spaceflightnow.com/2018/04/23/a ... sing-burn/
Quote:
TESS carries four 16.8-megapixel cameras, each fitted with four red-sensitive CCD detectors, designed to detect planets transiting in front of their host stars. The cameras will search for brief dips in starlight to find the planets, and sophisticated software algorithms will allow astronomers to scan wide swaths of the sky once full-frame images are downlinked to Earth.

During TESS’s two-year, $337 million mission, the MIT-built cameras will survey more than 85 percent of the sky, looking at approximately 200,000 pre-selected bright, nearby stars, including the 6,000 or so stars that are visible to the naked eye in the night sky.

TESS will primarily look at M-dwarf stars, which are smaller and cooler than the sun, and make up the majority of the stars in the Milky Way galaxy. Also called red dwarfs, the stars that are TESS’s focus have not been thoroughly investigated to determine whether they harbor their own solar systems.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 09:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good stuff in here

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 11:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-24-2018 07:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or go play some Mr. Friendly

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-24-2018 02:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or come up with some original content

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-24-2018 03:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ there is a better chance you win the lottery. :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-25-2018 12:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Or come up with some original content

My op content had been posted before?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.