Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Cane Thumping

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Cane Thumping

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-07-2018 08:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The fact no one understands you isn't a news flash.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-07-2018 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess Don Carlos, Whiskey and Doombrain are no one.

Only in your world of nonsensical absolutes is that possible. :tard:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-07-2018 01:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-07-2018 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't forget Google tailors your search results based on browser history. And 0.61 seconds seems like a long time to get results back. Seems I remember Google boasting about returning results in fucking femtoseconds or someshit. :smirk:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-07-2018 06:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
MKJ wrote:
The point being that technology is simply a part of the times and cane thumpers shouldn't dismiss youngsters using their phones on sight.

But that's not the point I was making.

Well then you're not part of that group :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-07-2018 06:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Don't forget Google tailors your search results based on browser history.

Tried it with a clean search. It checks out :toothy:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-07-2018 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ Transient...

1. Yes, I see it does on more searches. FF & Incognito mode
2. femtoseconds :confused: I've never heard of the term... Googles... I see it is a minute piece (as in small and not 60 seconds) of time and measurable, well I dunno :smirk:

@ MKJ... I never thought to try a clean browser so I will in future so stuff like that :)

:up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-07-2018 07:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-08-2018 10:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I honestly don't know what his point is anymore. I was pretty sure technology was responsible for kids not socializing at one point during this conversation but now it's well not everyone and not all the time and yeah, I don't know anymore.

I think parenting/education plays a higher role in these problems than technology. That's all I'm saying.

Have your kids got tablets?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-08-2018 10:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh don't even bother. It's not like you're going to get an honest conversation.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-09-2018 11:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I want to know, well, in fact, I already know because he's said they play on them.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-10-2018 07:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah they do, they don't use them that often anymore though. They prefer playing outside with their friends or playing on xbox which I generally play with them as I've got two setup in my living room.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.