Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        RAGE 2?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: RAGE 2?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 05-12-2019 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Interesting; I said it looked like a cross between DOOM and Borderlands

That's what I was thinking. Definitely looks better than the last trailer I saw. Actually interested now.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-14-2019 08:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bleh... so no multiplayer. A survival game of this would be so epic.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 05-14-2019 05:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Bleh... so no multiplayer. A survival game of this would be so epic.

I have no problem with it. Lost interest in multiplayer years ago. :shrug:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-17-2019 10:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So reviews are lackluster.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-17-2019 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who cares, DOOM FUCKING ETERNAL

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-18-2019 12:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
So reviews are lackluster.

The ones I take real notice of (the reviewers that I would say have the same sort want from a game as me) as giving it late 70s/early 80s. Thats is good enough for me.

I read a review where there was a huge complaint about not being able to take down a huge pack of enemies with just a revolver. They said they kept getting killed and had to switch to the assault rifle and shotgun, meaning the revolver was basically redundant. A huge problem because the revolver was super cool and could set people on fire. Also that when they had a boss fight, the game highlighted the bits you needed to aim for, which was a huge problem for them.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-18-2019 05:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Who cares, DOOM FUCKING ETERNAL

Yasss

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 01:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They tricked me again! I finally got it, but what a snoozefest. Combat and gunplay is excellent, but it's all just such an gigantic bore....shame I can't my 30 euros back. Switched to the new Wolfenstein instead and don't get me started about that one. What a smack in face and a horrible excuse for a game. I don't know what's going on at Bethesda, but that shit has been going downhill in a freefall that overshadows the Challenger.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 01:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have yet to pick up Rage 2 but I do have the new Wolf. I am not entirely sure why there is so much hate about it; it's not a great game but it isn't terrible.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 02:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I have yet to pick up Rage 2 but I do have the new Wolf. I am not entirely sure why there is so much hate about it; it's not a great game but it isn't terrible.

They should not have promoted it as a singeplayer game as well. That's my biggest gripe by far. The fact that I can't pause (which they've now patched in) or save a solo offline game. I had to restart the first map 5 times and got interupted each time before finishing it thus not being able to save my progress. That's a basic feature that's been around since the early 90's.

I also dislike the bullet sponge enemies, the forced grind, locked progression and the constant banter between the sister (who I personally don't really like like as characters as well).

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-26-2019 12:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fair enough

The pause was an issue for me but as you've said, they have patched it in now so it's all good.

Also if you use the right weapon on the right enemy, then they are not sponges. You can mow them down very quickly indeed.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-27-2019 04:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Fair enough

The pause was an issue for me but as you've said, they have patched it in now so it's all good.

Also if you use the right weapon on the right enemy, then they are not sponges. You can mow them down very quickly indeed.

If they patch in more checkpoints (which they are planning) and a better save function, I'll give it another go and take your advice to heart.

Last edited by Infernis on 08-27-2019 11:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-27-2019 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea, even boss with right weapon are easy even in nightmare, an indispensable weapon is the kind of rocket launcher.
I can not explain why but I did not have much fun playing this game, yet I have nothing particular to blame it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.