Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Afraid of heights?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Afraid of heights?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-08-2018 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Would you?
https://gfycat.com/SpectacularMistyIbizanhound

Not sure how to embed this, sorry.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-08-2018 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, I think I would walk/crawl out there but not jump from. There look to be bungee cords there too.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-08-2018 01:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nope. Just nope.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-08-2018 03:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-11-2018 06:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got into watching some videos about that place a few years ago....no way.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-12-2018 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I’m not afraid of heights but BASE jumping and wing suits are something I’m not keen on doing. Too many high profile athletes (climbers) have died doing that.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

best one was the guy in the wing suit that smashed the bridge :up:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nope :|

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 09:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
I’m not afraid of heights but BASE jumping and wing suits are something I’m not keen on doing. Too many high profile athletes (climbers) have died doing that.

Oh it's the base jumping bit that got to you. Never mind the fact they're crawling around on a web of thin ropes suspended over a fucking canyon :ducky:

Then again, I guess you're used to trusting ropes :D

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-17-2018 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It has to do with risk management. Climbing with ropes (and proper knowledge on how to do so) poses relatively low risk. It's a slow methodical sport from which you can usually think your way through and reverse any potentially dangerous situations. BASE jumping and wing suits are fast sports with little time to resolve problems should they appear.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.