Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        good stuff

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: good stuff

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-02-2018 07:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hope he alive for saying that lol

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-02-2018 08:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn that's heavy. I do think there are a lot of negatives about how the wester world approaches the east as well, but he made a very good point about "what have we provided/offered to aid the West?" Typically that kind of olive branch would be very productive for either side.

In theory we could all be friends if we spend more time helping each others causes even if we didn't believe in them wholeheartedly.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-03-2018 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks SoM :up:
A very interesting watch....

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-03-2018 11:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think what's important here is to recognize that he's not talking about individual Muslim people but Islam in general. What I mean to say is that we shouldn't be negative about a person because he is a Muslim and that this person can be equally or even more so productive in society or your occupation than you or me (non-Muslims) but in the grand scheme of things, Muslims contributed not nearly as much to the world as westerners.

I must emphasize that this last statement are his words, not mine. I cannot quite verify if it's entirely true or a biased opinion. I also am unsure if the statement still holds up if your definition of progress shifts. For instance, Western "progress" causes such a strain on our planet that it's not unlikely we'll be the cause of our own end. It's a tricky discussion, but I understand the point he's making.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-08-2018 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, they contributed Algebra which is a pretty fundamental factor in everything building- and engineering- related stuff nowadays.

The conflict is very, very complex. With several muslimic movements fighting against each other and the west meddling into the whole shit, upon all things, trying to establish puppets in economically important regions.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-11-2018 11:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

actually it was the Babylonians who started algebra, later refined by the Greeks and refined further by Muslim mathematicians

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.