Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Anyone what's involved in a wrist watch service ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Anyone what's involved in a wrist watch service ?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-05-2019 10:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Near 12 years ago just after my heart attack, I went a little nuts buying most anything that fancied me. I bought the misses gold & diamond jewelry and a watch she too took a liking too. While there, I thought I'll have one too. Not expensive now, but then it seemed a hefty price. It was a Tissot but the model escapes me.

Here's a pic, roughly what it looks like.

Well it has survived the passing years with me luckily and on a recent (simple) battery replacement it failed to start.

I know nothing of the timepiece business so ask here, anyone what's involved in a wrist watch service?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-06-2019 05:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 03-06-2019 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe they offer a full and partial cleaning. Replace the crown, seat water resistance factory specifications, replace the battery. Click the link: http://www.sguscustomerservice.com

The repair service will cost more. It will be a complete disassembly, oiling of parts, repair/replace damaged part, etc. getting it to factory specifications.

It should be serviced every 5 years. I have a watch by another brand that will need servicing in around 3 years.

You’re not wearing a Casio :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-06-2019 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

It is still a classic watch IMO so all I have to do is to decide whether to repair. The battery change place left it (the battery) out in case I choose not to do anything for a while...

I called the local jeweler and they offered to send away for $25 to get a quote for repair so I guess I'll go that way. Seems the right thing to do.

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 03-06-2019 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, you’re local jeweler is the route to go. Good luck on it, btw nice watch :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-06-2019 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, still is a nice watch so I've decided and I'm off to the jeweler soon.

I went looking for the original box that probably has the purchase receipt in it but it's not where I left it. Come to think of it, I must have chucked it away :tear: in a clean out. That box was so grand and no doubt more expensive that some watches these days..

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-06-2019 04:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Send it back to the manufacturer yourself. They'll quote you for free. All you'll pay is shipping.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-06-2019 05:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Send it back to the manufacturer yourself. They'll quote you for free. All you'll pay is shipping.

Now that's a thought and glad I viewed before heading out. Thank you YourGrandpa.

Interesting as I searched for the office details and found a very informative page here https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-au/cs/ ... &year=2007

I called the head office to find there is only one Australian Service Centre. I just send registered & insured post there and the quote for free and there's $25 charge to get it back to me if I don't proceed.... Great news :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-07-2019 03:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Weirdest post yet.. Ban hammer?..

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.