Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Niki Lauda

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Niki Lauda

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-20-2019 09:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Done gone died

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48345660

A proper legend of motorsport and a very honest straight talking guy.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-20-2019 10:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

RIP this legend

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-20-2019 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R.I.P. Niki Lauda :tear:

That horrendous fire, when was that? Wait... Yes, it is mentioned in that link..
Quote:
On 1 August 1976, one year after winning his first title, he suffered third-degree burns to his head and face and inhaled toxic gases that damaged his lungs after his vehicle burst into flames at Nurburgring.

He was given the last rites in hospital but made an almost miraculous recovery and returned to racing, still bandaged, just 40 days later.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-22-2019 02:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn, a proper legend gone, at least he lived to a fairly ripe old age for someone doing what he did. If you've never watched the movie Rush I highly recommend it.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-25-2019 10:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No F-ing way?!?!?! Dude I just found this out NOW. Holy f ing crap.

Saw some of his interviews from recently. That guy was a genuine nice person, someone I looked up to. Had great relationships with ALL of his kids.
He would go out to lunch with Marlene--HIS EX WIFE-- and his current wife and new young child. That's how close they still were. They respected eachother but knew they weren't right for eachother anymore...and stayed close friends.

That guy is a great human being.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-26-2019 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice non racing related video.
Niki Lauda: Wife’s kidney saved my life

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.