Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Baldur’s Gate 3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Baldur’s Gate 3

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-18-2019 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Being made by Larian Studios, creators of Divinity Original Sin! Very excited for this one, especially since DOS1 & 2 are both great...:up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-19-2019 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yas.
it will also tie in directly with the official BG story line published by WOTC so you it's gonna be serious.
I wonder how theyre going to translate the 5E rules to crpg.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-19-2019 01:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it should be interesting to see how they manage it all. Which edition were they on when BD1&2 were released?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-19-2019 01:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2nd I think

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-19-2019 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure they were using a PC-friendly version of AD&D that did away with the THAC0 nonsense.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-19-2019 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had another go thru BG 2 a while back... damn that game was fun!

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-19-2019 10:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I'm pretty sure they were using a PC-friendly version of AD&D that did away with the THAC0 nonsense.

Nope, it was a very true ADD conversion, thac0 and all.
Hell about 3/4 of the whole PHB was in the game.
It's absurd that it worked so well..

Larian is working closely with WoTC, so much so that theyre actually suggesting changes that WoTC is adding to errata and supplementals.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 06-20-2019 02:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm cautiously optimistic for this, as while I loved Divinity Original Sin, I had massive problems with the changes they made to combat in the second game.

For my money, the best adaptation of D&D combat in a computer game was Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil. Well worth trying if you've never played it.

And as mentioned in "So, what games are you playing now?", I played through Pillars of Eternity 2 earlier this year, and I view that as a spiritual sequel to Baldur's Gate. It really is superb, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-20-2019 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FYI, if you haven’t played BG1 or 2, the enhanced editions will be coming out for consoles in September. I know, I know, they’re meant to be played on PC, but some of us like the couch experience.

I’ve never played them, so I’ll be picking them up...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-20-2019 09:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-20-2019 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.