Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        They fixed the Sonic movie

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: They fixed the Sonic movie

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 03:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Old

New

Phew :toothy:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 05:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's so obvious they did it on purpose.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 05:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^ Not sure if serious.

Of course they did it on purpose. The film was basically complete when they started to receive massive backlash from the trailer. They then spent millions of dollars to appease the nerds. Of course they did it on purpose.

Oh, you mean they accidentally fixed it?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 06:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, what I think he means is that they released the original trailer with a dumb ass looking Sonic on purpose to stir controversy (and thus attention) only to have the movie with the "new" version of Sonic already done and ready to go. Just look at the YouTube comments. Paramount Pictures is now a hero company in the eyes of these goldfish-level-attention-span nerds.

It's a cynical outlook on things, but not a strange or unwarranted one. The movie and games industries have proven many times before they have no idea what people want and usually are blind to such feedback. I sincerely hope the Sonic situation is genuinely a case of the people behind the movie making a mistake and now correcting it, but I can't blame anyone for thinking otherwise.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 06:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What Eraser said. One big publicity stunt.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 06:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I feel like this one is genuine.

The amount of negative feedback that was received by Paramount was massive. You can't seriously tell them they wouldn't take action if the vast majority of their target audience was alienated upon seeing the trailer?

They might screen tested with people who had no idea about Sonic and therefore it just looked normal.

Quote:
Within two days of its release, the trailer had been viewed more than 20 million times on YouTube, and has received hundreds of thousands of "dislike" ratings.

Thats a pretty big thing for any company. Plus they have missed their original release date by 3 months (and at a very empty time in cinema; no big releases currently). Perhaps Phant could give some insight on if that is long enough to change the design of a CGI character and re-render him into an entire film (in addition to the 6 months before the initial release). It seems more than plausible to me?

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 07:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not to mention that everyone in the company would have to be in on the "scam" if it was true.. I'm not sure there are mooks in marketing smart enough to do something like this one purpose!

I reckon you're right, the screen tests etc were done on folk who didn't really have any understanding or investment in Sonic.

Anyway, new trailer looks cheesy as fuck, my kids are going to love it and I am 100% going to watch it with them.
Need to dust off my old STC issues out the attic! (uk "Sonic the Comic... yeah)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 07:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
Need to dust off my old STC issues out the attic! (uk "Sonic the Comic... yeah)

I have loads of those :toothy: :toothy: :toothy:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 09:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
What Eraser said. One big publicity stunt.

That’s retarded. Do you know how much CGI costs? There’s no way a studio would risk several millions of dollars on the off chance that it creates a buzz and ultimately develops more hype.

Conspiracy theorist bullshit...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 10:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah... watch for new movies coming out with the same kind of outrage/backlash upon seeing the first preview and then doing a 180 and "fixing" problems after initial reviews. It's easy to do, just take a childhood icon, fuck it up completely and then watch them change it up before release. I'm surprised they didn't do that with ghostbusters.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 11:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
No, what I think he means is that they released the original trailer with a dumb ass looking Sonic on purpose to stir controversy (and thus attention) only to have the movie with the "new" version of Sonic already done and ready to go. Just look at the YouTube comments. Paramount Pictures is now a hero company in the eyes of these goldfish-level-attention-span nerds.

It's a cynical outlook on things, but not a strange or unwarranted one. The movie and games industries have proven many times before they have no idea what people want and usually are blind to such feedback. I sincerely hope the Sonic situation is genuinely a case of the people behind the movie making a mistake and now correcting it, but I can't blame anyone for thinking otherwise.

You said it best in these words ....the games industries have proven many times before they have no idea what people want ...
:up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 03:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

curious to know what the plot would be to a movie starring a blue running hedgehog

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-12-2019 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Suck or no suck. Who gives a fuck?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.