Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The Matrix 4

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: The Matrix 4

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 05:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A 4th Matrix movie has been announced which will star Keeanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss as Neo and Trinity. Lana Wachowski will write and direct the movie.

https://pitchfork.com/news/matrix-4-sta ... announced/

Also, I spotted theaters over here doing showings of 4DX/Dolby Cinema rereleases of the original Matrix movie starting end of August. I'm considering taking a seat.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 05:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm in. I watch those movies at least twice a year.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up: :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 08:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I'm in. I watch those movies at least twice a year.

lol

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The logical conclusion point of The Matrix is movie #1. #2 and #3 was a waste and #4 will likely be a cash grab.

Will say Terminator #6 looks to be decent. Looking forward to Linda Hamilton's return. She was always the star of that franchise.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
The logical conclusion point of The Matrix is movie #1. #2 and #3 was a waste and #4 will likely be a cash grab.

That's my fear, but I'm keeping an open mind and hoping it turns out OK. When I was a kid, I could quote entire scenes from the first movie. :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
..............spotted theaters over here doing showings of 4DX/Dolby Cinema re release......... I'm considering taking a seat.

Yes same here.... Checking, :eek: one night only! Ticket booked :D

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 08:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cinematographer John Toll is on board as well. He’s a legend and has a very very long list of films under his belt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Toll

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-23-2019 01:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Cinematographer John Toll is on board as well. He’s a legend and has a very very long list of films under his belt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Toll

:up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-23-2019 03:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got my tickets for The Matrix 20th anniversary edition for september 1st :D

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-23-2019 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2 and 3 were giant pieces of shit...4 will prolly be even worse...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-23-2019 08:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you reviewing your kids?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-23-2019 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Neo kills an agent with a pencil

A FUCKEN PENCIL

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 12:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't understand all the hate against the second one really. I mean, that highway scene alone made it worth your while. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. The third one was a real stinker though.

Of course I got tickets for the anniversary screening and I'm looking forward to the fourth one, but I pratically watch anything with Keanu Reeves in it. But, truth be told, it's probably going to suck major dick.

The Wachowski's haven't made anything good after The Matrix. Ok, they wrote V for Vendetta, I'll give them that, but everything else was a crapfest. Plus, knowing Hollywood, it's going to be woke as fuck to please those out of control liberal nutjobs.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
Plus, knowing Hollywood, it's going to be woke as fuck to please those out of control liberal nutjobs.

Yeah, fuck inclusivity. :disgust:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 10:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Infernis wrote:
Plus, knowing Hollywood, it's going to be woke as fuck to please those out of control liberal nutjobs.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 01:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Infernis wrote:

the Matrix movies were already pretty inclusive from a race and gender POV

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, originally Switch was gonna be a dude when she unplugged, but they nixed the transgender angle because Warner Brothers was afraid of possible backlash. The Matrix is pretty woke (I hate that word), but Hollywood is far from it.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:

Yeah, those out of control liberal nutjobs who colour their hair purple and make annoying tweets. So much worse than the in-control, mentally healthy conservatives that run people over with cars and fire assault rifles into packed stores.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Infernis wrote:

Yeah, those out of control liberal nutjobs who colour their hair purple and make annoying tweets. So much worse than the in-control, mentally healthy conservatives that run people over with cars and fire assault rifles into packed stores.

Guys, I'm not taking sides here. Like Seremtan pointed out, the first Matrix was already very inclusive but it felt natural and not tacked on. I'm refering to the trend of having certain agenda's (regardless from what side) getting forced through our throats in the media we consume. Not everything has to be for everybody. Just do your own thing without needing to constantly worry whether or not some 'group' might feel discriminated.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 08:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How exactly is the media you consume being forced down your throat?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 10:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

His girlfriend made him watch Ghostbusters with her.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
How exactly is the media you consume being forced down your throat?

Where have you been the last couple of years? Outrage culture has been turned into a weapon. People's careers are being destroyed or at least they are trying to destroy them because not liking something isn't enough. Choosing to say, well that's not for me, simply won't do anymore. They'll keep digging until they find something they can use. That's why the Oscars have no host this year. That's why the Golden Globes will follow that example. It's why James Gunn got kicked off Guardians of Galaxy 3 even though it was about some old tweets for which he had already apologized. It's why Tarantino got so much heat because Margot Robbie doesn't have a lot of lines in his latest movie. It's why Cyberpunk 2077 got attacked because it has a poster in it that apparently was offensive to transgender people and yes, that's why the Ghostbusters or Ocean's 11 got a female only cast or why the new little Mermaid is going to black.

If you know these things beforehand you could avoid certain media, but ultimately the above is a form of censorship so it's still forced whether you like it or not. People will become more careful and I think that's bad for creativity.

Eraser wrote:
His girlfriend made him watch Ghostbusters with her.

She did and you know what, I thought it was a terrible movie but that had nothing to do with it having a female cast. But wait, you can't say that online because even the director will call you a misogynist. It was a damn shame too because I liked his previous work and Melissa McCarthy was hilarious in both The Heat and Spy. So I kinda hoped it would be a good movie even though and would have liked to see a third one with the old cast. Well except for Ramis since he's dead and all.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-26-2019 12:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, that's also why I like old movies more than today movies. Back in the day, making a movie meant free your imagination and do whatever you want. That was kind of killed off when policies stepped in and not even horror movies are saved from today society.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-26-2019 05:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OH NO NOT THE OSCARS TOO?!

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-26-2019 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It will be the moment of truth to know if the Wachowski sisters are as talented as the Wachowski brothers :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-26-2019 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
The Matrix is pretty woke (I hate that word), but Hollywood is far from it.

Hollywood is a corporation, not an advocacy group. it doesn't have to 'push' any minority agenda if there's the possibility that it will hit box office receipts. it just has to please shareholders. hence it will always be in the rear on progressive issues, and everyone really needs to just accept that for the sake of their own peace of mind (and to avoid dumping yet more mental sewage into the overflowing cesspit that is social media)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-01-2019 01:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saw the 20th anniversary edition today of The Matrix in a Dolby Cinema theater today. The Matrix is still every bit as awesome as it was 20 years ago.

Before the movie started, there was this Dolby Cinema/Dolby Atmos audio demo, which showed incredibly sharp images, incredible dynamic range colours and great surround sound effects. This looked promising for the movie itself.
That turned out to be a disappointment though. The image quality was pretty bad, like they took a 480p source and just blew it up to 4K resolution. It didn't have quite that sharpness I saw in the demo. Especially the CGI bits of the Sentinels looked washed out.The entire movie had noisy a noisy image, like it was recorded with too high ISO settings. Just to be clear: it also was a 2D movie, no 3D glasses required.
I guess if you watched the original version and the Dolby Cinema version side to side on the same screen there would be noticeable difference, but honestly, I expected a lot more.

There was also a 4DX showing (supposedly with moving chairs and everything) but that was at a time I couldn't make it unfortunately. I wonder if that's any better.

Anyway, it was still pretty cool to experience the Matrix like this again. It's quite unbelievable it's been 20 years. I was 16 at the time it came out. Time flies.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-01-2019 06:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hadn't heard much about The Matrix when I first watched it in theatres, just remember seeing promotional posters and a teaser trailer. I remember walking out of the theatre feeling like my brain had popped just like when Neo wakes up in the real world.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-02-2019 03:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Saw the 20th anniversary edition today of The Matrix in a Dolby Cinema theater today. The Matrix is still every bit as awesome as it was 20 years ago.

Before the movie started, there was this Dolby Cinema/Dolby Atmos audio demo, which showed incredibly sharp images, incredible dynamic range colours and great surround sound effects. This looked promising for the movie itself.
That turned out to be a disappointment though. The image quality was pretty bad, like they took a 480p source and just blew it up to 4K resolution. It didn't have quite that sharpness I saw in the demo. Especially the CGI bits of the Sentinels looked washed out.The entire movie had noisy a noisy image, like it was recorded with too high ISO settings. Just to be clear: it also was a 2D movie, no 3D glasses required.
I guess if you watched the original version and the Dolby Cinema version side to side on the same screen there would be noticeable difference, but honestly, I expected a lot more.

There was also a 4DX showing (supposedly with moving chairs and everything) but that was at a time I couldn't make it unfortunately. I wonder if that's any better.

Anyway, it was still pretty cool to experience the Matrix like this again. It's quite unbelievable it's been 20 years. I was 16 at the time it came out. Time flies.

Yeah, that was a real shame. I don't think they did anything at all in regards to picture quality to be honest. It looked like they just but in the BR and played that.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-02-2019 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
Yeah, that was a real shame. I don't think they did anything at all in regards to picture quality to be honest. It looked like they just but in the BR and played that.

Same thoughts here, but still good to see in the cinema. I must dig out the DVD box set I have and watch.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-02-2019 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Infernis wrote:

Same thoughts here, but still good to see in the cinema. I must dig out the DVD box set I have and watch.

Oh yeah, no regrets of course. But if you take a move like Jaws for instance and see how they restored that, it's a real shame.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-03-2019 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

probably Buffy has to take the prize for worst remastering ever. from 4:3 to widescreen, with ridiculous crops and the occasional glimpses of camera crew :dork:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.