Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Trump Impeachment

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Trump Impeachment

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2019 07:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
he’ll at least have it on his record and it will forever be on Wikipedia...

Like that matters. To the Trump supports, this is just a witch hunt by the Democats. And the Republicans will continue to deny all this. Not by saying the reason for impeachment is false, but by saying the process that got to this conclusion is wrong, unjust, corrupt or a combination of all three. The Republicans will never facilitate Trump getting sacked because that would be akin to admitting Trump was a mistake, and in the current political climate, admitting you've made a mistake is political suicide. Fighting the impeachment by discussing the reasons behind it is implicitly validating the idea that there could be grounds for impeachment in the first place, so they'll just attack the process instead and claim the Democrats are off on a tangent. This will only rally Trump supporters and other Republicans into hating the Democrats even more.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-19-2019 08:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, pretty much....

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-19-2019 08:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And now the dumbocrats can keep using this dog-and-pony show to hide all the shit they and their republican buddies are doing.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-19-2019 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

like for instance the Afghanistan papers that show that the US govt has been lying quite strenuously for the past 18 years about the state of play over there

what a shitshow, no end in sight

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2019 10:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
And the Republicans will continue to deny all this. Not by saying the reason for impeachment is false, but by saying the process that got to this conclusion is wrong, unjust, corrupt or a combination of all three.

Hey ho

A day after being impeached, Trump calls House vote a 'phony deal' and a 'hoax'
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/day-imp ... d=67829619

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-25-2020 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4 days into the Putz Impeachment Trial and no comments yet? I'm gobsmacked! Well, not really, I'm sick of all it too. After all is said and done the guy is going to walk free which is a sad thing really, can't say we weren't warned and we just didn't listen. Sorry, thought I saw a soap box here, eye sight must be getting bad along with my ears. Carry on!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-25-2020 05:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What’s to say? They don’t have the votes. It’s all a dog and pony show at this point...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-26-2020 12:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Regardless of him staying in office, he'll be sued until the end of time after all this stuff. His presidency is tainted forever.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-26-2020 05:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I see Trump's been recorded saying he was worried about Sanders in 2016 and hopes Biden wins the nomination in 2020

DNC agrees :dork:

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-29-2020 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
What’s to say? They don’t have the votes. It’s all a dog and pony show at this point...

Looks like that has changed, it looks like they will be getting the votes for witnesses now, not that it will change anything, its just a little more show time with Bolton and his book is all, carry on

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-31-2020 04:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Guess I have to go back on what I said earlier about the witness ploy. The Putz is going to skate and I hope I'm wrong but in my opinion the U.S. is in for a big shock, there will be no stopping the Putz now, I see Social Security coming under attack to pay for all those tax cuts the Putz put into place, who is to stop him? That telly program that bad mouths him, heck lets ban it, who is to stop him? Looks like what he said really is true, he could shoot someone on Fifth Ave. get away with it. Just saying.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-01-2020 03:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol USA.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-01-2020 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-01-2020 06:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Look at it this way, when Trump gets re-elected in 2020 at least you'll have something to bitch about for the next 4 years. <3

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-01-2020 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I, for one, have very low expectations from a nation filled with gwampsian blockheaded blubberbags. This way I'm never disappointed :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-01-2020 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how's that wall coming along?

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-01-2020 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Putz has been having problems with California, I envision another wall in our future except this one will be around California, *LOL*

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-02-2020 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
how's that wall coming along?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... high-winds

:olo: ...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mitt Romney will become the first senator in U.S. history to vote to remove a president of his own party.

Quote:
I believe that the effort he took, an effort to corrupt our election, is as destructive an attack on the oath of office and on our Constitution as I can imagine

Wonder if any other Republicans are going to sway the vote (I’m guessing unlikely) and how this is going to affect Romney’s standing within his own party.

Edit: Nevermind, Trump acquitted, Republicans still haven’t grown a spine.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump acquitted :smirk:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 03:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You srs?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 05:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Everyone knew that was going to happen from the first mention of impeachment. We just had to waste millions of tax dollars to hear it.

Gotta love government.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 09:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Everyone knew that was going to happen from the first mention of impeachment. We just had to waste millions of tax dollars to hear it.

Gotta love government.

Typical comment of someone who doesn't knoe what they're talking about

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with his comment. I mean did we really think a GOP-controlled Senate was going to remove Drumpf from office? After all, McConnell said to the press multiple times that he would take his cues from the President's lawyers. :miffed:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-06-2020 02:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sure, I'm not that naive. But having gone through this process with this outcome is not the same as not having gone through the process at all.
In a perfect world where everyone is a sane, clearheaded, rationally thinking person, it could be considered a complete waste of time. But we're not living in that world and this is something that needed to be done.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-06-2020 06:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stop thinking the dumbocrats are against Trump, they're all in the same club and it has nothing to do with ideology.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-06-2020 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

We went through the motions to satisfy the Democrats last desperate attempt to salvage the 2020 election, since they don't have a candidate that can win.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-06-2020 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Mitt Romney will become the first senator in U.S. history to vote to remove a president of his own party.

Quote:
I believe that the effort he took, an effort to corrupt our election, is as destructive an attack on the oath of office and on our Constitution as I can imagine

Wonder if any other Republicans are going to sway the vote (I’m guessing unlikely) and how this is going to affect Romney’s standing within his own party.

Edit: Nevermind, Trump acquitted, Republicans still haven’t grown a spine.

so there's one republican who isn't prepared to degrade himself for the sake of the orange charlatan

n1 mitt :up:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 02-06-2020 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote:

We went through the motions to satisfy the Democrats last desperate attempt to salvage the 2020 election, since they don't have a candidate that can win.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Actually, it was a constitutional duty for ALL of the house and senate take these charges seriously, review the evidence provided, call any relevant witness, and determine if a crime had been committed. This is literally their job!

However, the GOP as a whole has ignored evidence, refused to even look at it, and even lied to the American public about what happened and what didn't. Hell, Devin Nunes was part of the House Impeachment process and had a major conflict of interest as he was implicated and named by Lev Parnas. SO MUCH GOP corruption in just plain view. They are literally admitting they did it and even Susan Collins and Joni Ernst said, "we believe Trump learned his lesson which is why we voted to acquit instead of remove". However, the dude was literally on TV today saying he did nothing wrong and it was a total witch hunt.

NONE OF THIS LINES UP AND ITS ALL LIES. So, either you have your head in the sand or you don't know what you're talking about. I read the transcripts, I've read some of the Steele dossier, I've read a lot of the Mueller report, and I've also read a LOT of supporting documentation.

On top of that, Trump was known to be this shitty character of a human-being well before taking office. Saying that he's "good" now is just absurd. All of what you gained with your support of this total monster will come with the cost of our democracy.

Please please please do not come back with some Obama talk. The dude is gone and that's the past. If we want to talk about all of that, start a new thread. This is talking about what the racist/moron-in-chief personally did to undermine our elections and democracy.

Last edited by raw on 02-06-2020 02:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-06-2020 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes! Thank you!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-06-2020 06:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Actually, it was a constitutional duty for ALL of the house and senate take these charges seriously, review the evidence provided, call any relevant witness, and determine if a crime had been committed. This is literally their job!

However, the GOP as a whole has ignored evidence, refused to even look at it, and even lied to the American public about what happened and what didn't. Hell, Devin Nunes was part of the House Impeachment process and had a major conflict of interest as he was implicated and named by Lev Parnas. SO MUCH GOP corruption in just plain view. They are literally admitting they did it and even Susan Collins and Joni Ernst said, "we believe Trump learned his lesson which is why we voted to acquit instead of remove". However, the dude was literally on TV today saying he did nothing wrong and it was a total witch hunt.

NONE OF THIS LINES UP AND ITS ALL LIES. So, either you have your head in the sand or you don't know what you're talking about. I read the transcripts, I've read some of the Steele dossier, I've read a lot of the Mueller report, and I've also read a LOT of supporting documentation.

On top of that, Trump was known to be this shitty character of a human-being well before taking office. Saying that he's "good" now is just absurd. All of what you gained with your support of this total monster will come with the cost of our democracy.

Please please please do not come back with some Obama talk. The dude is gone and that's the past. If we want to talk about all of that, start a new thread. This is talking about what the racist/moron-in-chief personally did to undermine our elections and democracy.

Actually, this would have never made it to the Senate if the Democrats didn't have the majority in the House. The case was so weak that the partisan effort had two of it's own detractors.

Let me say this again, I'm not a Trump supporter or a fan. But you're clearly bias. I'm sure all of the "research" you did was completely objective, making you an indisputable expert. I bet you also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Hey, while you're at it, ask a few Christians their opinion on the Bible.

I won't talk about past presidents. That proves nothing. They've all done much worse than this inane BS the Democrats trumped up (pun intended). Even Romney (the Democrat's messiah) couldn't bring himself to vote guilty on (IMO the more severe of the two charges) obstruction of congress.

This entire process was political wranglings to get an upper hand in the next election. NOTHING more, NOTHING less. Both parties are corrupt. Even your precious democrats. If you can't see that, your head isn't in the sand, it's in your ass.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-06-2020 08:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, both parties are utterly corrupt. But to say that the case against Drump's impeachment was weak is a real head-scratcher. That Pelosi narrowed the agenda to just 2 charges was stupid. GOP Senators should be on the record voting to acquit that fraud on every illegal action he did, starting way back when he broke campaign finance laws before he was even President. If only for the history books.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 02-07-2020 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Actually, this would have never made it to the Senate if the Democrats didn't have the majority in the House. The case was so weak that the partisan effort had two of it's own detractors.

This could be argued that if the current house Republicans had the majority like they did in 2016, they would not bring up impeachment charges and they'd defend their dude. However, that is no real gauge if a crime had been committed or not considering a lot of them are conspiring (Devin Nunes, Matt Gaetz, ..etc)

YourGrandpa wrote:
Let me say this again, I'm not a Trump supporter or a fan. But you're clearly bias. I'm sure all of the "research" you did was completely objective, making you an indisputable expert. I bet you also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Hey, while you're at it, ask a few Christians their opinion on the Bible.

Attacking me does not defend your fact-lacking argument. It's just a bunch of speculation without facts on your part.

YourGrandpa wrote:
I won't talk about past presidents. That proves nothing. They've all done much worse than this inane BS the Democrats trumped up (pun intended). Even Romney (the Democrat's messiah) couldn't bring himself to vote guilty on (IMO the more severe of the two charges) obstruction of congress.

So in your opinion, when the President asked multiple foreign governments to investigate his #1 political rival, he did nothing wrong? When he believes foreign intelligence while speaking poorly of our intelligence communities, that's OK too? I've never witnessed any president behave like this monster and your normalization of it, does this country no service. Maybe the bias is a bit of projection on your part?

EVERYONE knew Trump would be acquitted but not exonerated (BIG DIFFERENCE) because of the corrupt senate judges who admitted beforehand that have ZERO intention of holding up their oath in being an impartial juror willing to listen to the truth. Instead, they voted against witnesses (including first-hand witnesses) and turned a blind eye to the truth. Where is all your critique of this happening right in front of us? Romney voted with his conscience and put his faith, his word, and his character above his party. It took GUTS! No one ever saw him as a savior. NO ONE!

YourGrandpa wrote:
This entire process was political wranglings to get an upper hand in the next election. NOTHING more, NOTHING less. Both parties are corrupt. Even your precious democrats. If you can't see that, your head isn't in the sand, it's in your ass.

This may be true but the Republicans (specifically Mitch McConnell) has a graveyard of passed legislation from the House of Congress (bi-partisan at that) that he refuses to take up a vote on and has let them all die.

What's particularly concerning is that when it comes to election security, the GOP is still pushing a false-narrative regarding Ukranian meddling/hacking into our elections which is simply untrue, it was proven by multiple intelligence communities that Russia was in-fact responsible for hacking/meddling but the GOP won't even speak about this. I'm not sure about you but I'd like secure elections. It's tough enough to get an honest one going with corrupt politicians but add in foreign meddling, it makes our voice less-than-heard. Every American should be concerned about our election security.

Anyways, this is going like a typical GOP conversation and I've stated some facts against your speculations but hey, facts are facts and the Republicans (clearly like yourself) are screaming "LA LA LA LA" with your fingers in your ears to refute the truth.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-07-2020 09:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But they blocked all first hand witnesses and documents because he was innocent! Witch Hunt! Bengazi! Emails!

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 02-07-2020 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because it was a weak case. LOL

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.