Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Trump Impeachment

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Trump Impeachment

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 08:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like they’ve caught him red handed colluding. As if he hasn’t done enough other shit to be impeached...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-ukra ... e-updates/

Can’t wait until we can just move on from this idiot...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 08:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump is just spillage from a system that generates grade-A turd. He's about as insignificant and powerless as a fat, belligerent retard can be.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 09:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Impeachment doesn't mean he's going to get removed. For that you would need a functional senate which you do not thanks to moscow mitch.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

President Pence :dork:

in before Handmaid's Tale becomes real

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting times ahead I feel.. Seems I better look into this Handmaid's Tale I've seen mention of.......

seremtan wrote:
President Pence :dork:

in before Handmaid's Tale becomes real

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's gone...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BTW, that was classic when Trump threw Pence under the bus during that press conference... :olo: ...

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Impeachment doesn't mean he's going to get removed. For that you would need a functional senate which you do not thanks to moscow mitch.

This is the one I agree with.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What happened?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-25-2019 11:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A blind vote in the Senate right now has about 30 Republicans defecting, but I have little faith of that ever translating to actual votes for impeachment. Not while there's a chance that Drumpf fans in their district could vote them out in 2020. And never rule out the opportunity for the Democratic party to sabotage themselves and let him get away with it. Pelosi already wants to narrow the scope of the hearing to just this one matter instead combining it with all the other investigations going on right now. :rolleyes:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 03:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's actually not a bad way to do it. That way even though the impeachment doesn't remove Trump from office it would allow democrats to grill the republican senators over and over again with multiple impeachment trials over why they're allowing such an obviously corrupt president to remain in power. It's honestly the only reason to even bother having an impeachment trial.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't forget that Pelosi and Schumer have been working against any and all impeachment efforts for years.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 07:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's because they fear the blowback from having the impeachment process without removal of the president from office. They probably believe a failed impeachment will affect votes in 2020 as Trump will claim he was in the right when they fail like he claimed the Muller report totally exonerated him. They should be worried too because a lot of republicans eat that shit up despite the mounds of evidence to the contrary.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
That's actually not a bad way to do it. That way even though the impeachment doesn't remove Drumpf from office it would allow democrats to grill the republican senators over and over again with multiple impeachment trials over why they're allowing such an obviously corrupt president to remain in power. It's honestly the only reason to even bother having an impeachment trial.

How long do you think an impeachment trial takes? There's only a year left before elections. Besides, how do you think it will play if Drumpf gets to say he was exonerated?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 11:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Clinton's impeachment trial lasted 4 months but I would assume it would last as long as it takes to review all of the evidence and to pass judgment of wrongdoing? The current scandal with Ukraine should be the one they focus on because he hasn't really had a chance to tamper with the evidence they've found but he should absolutely be put on trial for all of the previous attempts to obstruct justice.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 11:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Dems have been dragging their feet this whole time, they'll never finish an impeachment inquiry that quickly. Pelosi has been doing everything in her power to sabotage an impeachment inquiry thus far, she'll find a way to fuck this up.

Imagine the nightmare scenario of the inquiry lasting until next August, do you think there's any chance he would be removed from office just a few months shy of the elections, even if they found evidence of wrongdoing? He's gotten away with everything so far, he can get away with this too. Especially if he gets to hide behind the talking point that the Dems are only doing this for political reasons. Republicans will stick with Drumpf if they have to do it to stay in power in 2020.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

>governed by dickbags
>opposition totally impotent

welcome to US/UK [delete as applicable]

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Audio of the whistleblower complaint. Devastating!!!...

https://www.penguinrandomhouseaudio.com ... complaint/

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 09:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nothing is going to happen. If they couldn't get him on all that other stuff, what makes you think they will get him on this? The last couple of years made it pretty clear that the whole system is FUBAR. I bet he will not only finish his term, but secure another one as well (through whatever means necessary).

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-26-2019 10:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
A blind vote in the Senate right now has about 30 Republicans defecting, but I have little faith of that ever translating to actual votes for impeachment. Not while there's a chance that Drumpf fans in their district could vote them out in 2020. And never rule out the opportunity for the Democratic party to sabotage themselves and let him get away with it. Pelosi already wants to narrow the scope of the hearing to just this one matter instead combining it with all the other investigations going on right now. :rolleyes:

Keep faith grasshopper, Pelosi, Nadler, Schiff and others have a free reservation here:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-27-2019 12:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
>governed by dickbags
>opposition totally impotent

welcome to US/UK [delete as applicable]

It saddens me that Labour are so limp that they are too worried to go up against Boris

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-27-2019 04:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they're terrified of the Leavers in marginal Labour seats

also, Jez secretly* wants Brexit to happen

*i.e. every Labour supporter knows, but pretends otherwise

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-27-2019 04:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
Nothing is going to happen. If they couldn't get him on all that other stuff, what makes you think they will get him on this? The last couple of years made it pretty clear that the whole system is FUBAR. I bet he will not only finish his term, but secure another one as well (through whatever means necessary).

I think you’re probably right on the first point. But I highly doubt he’ll win the re-election. Although, I didn’t feel he had a shot the first time...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-27-2019 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He will be impeached. No way he's skating this one...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-27-2019 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-27-2019 04:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Drumpf has already admitted publicly to committing a crime....

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-27-2019 10:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Aside from the second hand news....:

.... there is this quick burn: :alert: :q2:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-28-2019 06:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
they're terrified of the Leavers in marginal Labour seats

also, Jez secretly* wants Brexit to happen

*i.e. every Labour supporter knows, but pretends otherwise

Yup - he has been a eurosceptic for decades

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-30-2019 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump seems to be handling it rather well.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-01-2019 10:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The problem I think is how much info Trump probably has already seen. I suspect trump will be assassinated and it'll be made to look like an accident or from natural causes. Imprisonment seems unlikely and offering him a deal to keep his fat mouth shut can't be relied upon. They should however just put him on trial and sentence him to death for treason to deter any future leaders from pulling those kinds of shenanigans.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-01-2019 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Drumpf is more likely to just up and quit one day than be killed, and there's no fairy tale deep state apparatus at work that would cover it up. :rolleyes:

None of what he did is actually treason; that word has a very narrow definition in a court of law. It's used to try spies or other people who give material aid to an enemy country during a time of war, or against someone who levies war against America. Like the Confederates did during the Civil War, although Lincoln pardoned all the soldiers. Treason was very narrowly defined in the Constitution specifically so that it could not be used in an overly-broad way to attack political opponents.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-02-2019 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I suppose that's true. His actions just feel treasonous, it just happens they aren't at war at the moment.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-03-2019 02:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
The problem I think is how much info Trump probably has already seen. I suspect trump will be assassinated and it'll be made to look like an accident or from natural causes. Imprisonment seems unlikely and offering him a deal to keep his fat mouth shut can't be relied upon. They should however just put him on trial and sentence him to death for treason to deter any future leaders from pulling those kinds of shenanigans.

I wouldn't worry about that. It's not like the guy actually reads unless they simplify it for him with pictures.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-19-2019 07:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I’m glad that’s over with. It won’t amount to anything, but he’ll at least have it on his record and it will forever be on Wikipedia...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-19-2019 07:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We get to see his twitter rants, those are amusing at least.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.