Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Airpod Pro

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Airpod Pro

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-29-2019 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I own the V1 Airpods and while they lack some things, I find their convenience and connectivity quite good. Thoughts?

Spoiler: Already ordered a pair to try out.

https://www.apple.com/airpods-pro/

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-29-2019 09:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How's the battery life? I bought a set of 80$ bluetooth earbuds recently. I forget the brand, I picked them because of their shape and size so they'd fit easily under my helmet when I'm riding my bike. I get about 4 hours if I'm listening to music but on my trip to New York I learned they'll last an entire 12 hours while feeding me gps directions to my ear. Quite handy that way.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-29-2019 09:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The V1's have good battery life but mixed with the convenient case, quick charging, and the ability to use one Airpod while the other quick charges keeps my calls/audio going even when it looks like I may not be able to continue on bluetooth.

Connectivity via bluetooth on the V1's are great and better than most bluetooth ear pieces I have used in the past. It's one of the only bluetooth devices i can use reliably while my phone is in my back pocket. Other devices tend to cut out when I pull this maneuver.

Looking forward to the improvements offered in the Airpod Pro's.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-29-2019 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus, why not just add a bluetooth headset to your helmet?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-29-2019 11:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got the Bose sound-things sports. Really happy with them but tempted by these MK2s for the noise cancelling cuz I’ve got the wired Bose noise cancelling in ear and they are a god send on a flight

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-29-2019 02:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Kracus, why not just add a bluetooth headset to your helmet?

It is a $250-$300 vs $80 purchase. Plus, a Cardo/Sena type of solution is limited to the helmet. Can't use it without.
I have a Cardo Packtalk Bold myself, but that's because I needed something with the intercom abilities as well.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-31-2019 07:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I almost bought one of those setups. I didn't really ride with anyone when I bought the ear buds, I think they're Bose now that I think of it. That said, I have a friend I ride with fairly often now that has one of those Sena setups and I'm tempted to get one just so I can talk to a few people in the group on rides but it hasn't been that high on my list of gizmo's to buy.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 11-01-2019 02:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-06-2019 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I received my AirPod Pros on Friday and so far, so good. Wish they had these additions in the original pair.

These ear buds are significantly more comfortable, more stable, and has a much better sound quality to them. I specifically LOVE the transparent noise cancellation mode.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.