Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Half-Life: Alyx

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Half-Life: Alyx

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 01:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm not trying to shame anyone. Not sure how you come to that conclusion. But the fact that you did take it that way and your rather aggressive way of responding to me shows me you're acting like a fucking moron that gets insulted when exposed to the fact that the world doesn't work the same way for everyone and that different people have different ways of doing things. Your complete lack of empathy is disturbing and rather telling of someone that's either still relatively young, hasn't had much life experience or is a psychopath.

It's hilarious that you claim to "have played stepdad". No parent would ever claim to "play" being a parent. Shows me you've never had kids that really depended on you and that you never had to move everything over to be there for them. I would move hell and Earth for my kids. If you think you'd get there by "playing stepdad", then jesus, I feel sorry for the kid(s) you pretended to care about.

You also get totally riled up when someone doesn't accept that VR is the second coming of Christ. The amount of importance you put into VR and gaming in general shows you're just a kid yourself. If you can't understand that VR may just not be the thing for everyone then that's on you man, not on everyone else.

Aww you're gonna try to analyze me now. Its not a lack of empathy, its far from that. Its more correcting the ignorance that is your posts about a subject you clearly lack knowledge on. Sorry your excuses continue to be the same nonsense people still spout off. You nailed every single common myth about current gen VR. Its textbook dumb. Maybe its a lack of tolerance to stupidity? Could be. You are leaking a shit ton of it at the moment.

We're gonna talk about the step dad thing? Cool. I definitely cared about the runt. She was a good kid. Shame her mother was such a piece of shit. You're 100% right to feel sorry for her. But now you're getting personal and lashing out. Pretty cute. Like, was that really needed? Nah but you're being a petty child and had to try and flex I guess? I could say the same shit about you. You're trying to actually argue over the internet, with someone, and tell them they couldn't possibly care about someone because they used the term "played stepdad" in a thread, about half life, where you are upset/sad/bummed that its VR only. Are you serious right now? Got any other zingers there bud? :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

I'm just tired of morons like yourself firing off your dick beaters because you tried a google cardboard or something. Its fitness equipment, its training equipment, its more than you realize, but you keep looking at it from your narrow little scope. Remember here, You're the one basically trashing the thing using your bogus knows jack shit logic, Then getting personal like a child. :olo:

Whatever man. You keep on being toxic timmy. :olo:

Also if you REALLY don't see how your condescending "I have a job, wife, kids" comment came off as fucked up, maybe you should like, idk, work with people more or something.

Last edited by SOAPboy on 11-24-2019 01:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 01:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well that escalated quickly :|

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 01:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
well that escalated quickly :|

I'm over here dying laughing. :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Between him and the general salt about Half Life has made my week fucking fantastic. :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 01:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy's just angry people don't automatically conform to his narrow world view.

Keep going bruh. It's fascinating to see.
Be careful though, outside of your safe space, someone might say more things you don't like :olo:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 02:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
SOAPboy's just angry people don't automatically conform to his narrow world view.

Keep going bruh. It's fascinating to see.
Be careful though, outside of your safe space, someone might say more things you don't like :olo:

Says the guy living in a bubble. :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 02:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Says the guy who deals with the hardships of his life by escaping to a virtual one :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 02:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Says the guy who deals with the hardships of his life by escaping to a virtual one :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

My life is rad af fam :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Unlike you I don't have a wife and kids to escape so I just enjoy my time in VR :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

EDIT: Gonna sleep. I'll keep laughing in the morning. Please gimme something to laugh to when I get up. :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 03:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Prefers VR over a wife. Typical virgin nerd priorities. Enjoy crying yourself to sleep :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 10:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL this thread devolved into Q3W from 15 years ago. Keep it up, SOAPboy. :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

more like this :olo:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Prefers VR over a wife. Typical virgin nerd priorities. Enjoy crying yourself to sleep :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

What a nice nap.

Oh, Virgin stuff. Cool.

I mean, I'd rather be a virgin than married to some breeder taking dick from the neighborhood. We know those kids aint yours.

:olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Transient wrote:
LOL this thread devolved into Q3W from 15 years ago. Keep it up, SOAPboy. :up:

I know, Eraser is cute when hes trying to be personal. :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Last edited by SOAPboy on 11-24-2019 01:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 01:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
I mean, I'd rather be a virgin than married to some breeder taking dick from the neighborhood. We know those kids aint yours.

:olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Say what now, stepdad? :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

Say what now, stepdad? :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Difference is I wasnt getting cucked :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 02:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep imagining stuff about my life, SISSYboy :up:
It's you who had a piece of shit (your words) pull your strings and suck you dry :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Keep imagining stuff about my life, SISSYboy :up:
It's you who had a piece of shit (your words) pull your strings and suck you dry :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Are you even trying anymore? :olo:

Might as well just shut your cock holster while you're not too far behind. :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread just exceeded a year's worth of :olo: icons

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

LOL. But why are you even humoring this guy? Feeling nostalgic for the good 'ol days? :p

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 02:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ITT: people with different opinions.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but about videogame hardware

seriouzz biznis

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 07:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...the fuck is going on in here?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 10:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

:olo: :olo: :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-24-2019 10:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Are you even trying anymore? :olo:

Might as well just shut your cock holster while you're not too far behind. :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

I'm so far ahead your tiny lizard brain can't even comprehend. What are you going to do next? Build above ground pools? :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-25-2019 04:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing stopping me from getting a VR setup is how nauseous it makes me feel when I play it. I don't feel like forking over 1k+ to make myself feel like crap. It is cool though, I love VR but I think they still need to fix something.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 11-25-2019 05:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
My life is rad af fam :olo:

didn't read the rest of the discussion. but this, i can relate to. :up:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 11-25-2019 05:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm looking into starting an AR/VR company. Or at least some experiments for my enjoyment.

SOAPboy wrote:
Rift S is my go to recommend for people who are new and have a PC and want PCVR primarily. IF you can throw down a grand, Index is going to be the recommend there. And if you can literally light money on fire, Vive Pro + Index controllers + Wireless = Best setup period right now.

Can you do the same rundown for the HW reqs (I.e. processor, gfx, etc.).
My PC is 7 years old and I'll have to upgrade / get a new one.

And: What's "wireless"? Some brand?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-25-2019 09:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
I'm looking into starting an AR/VR company.

sounds gay

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-25-2019 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
I'm looking into starting an AR/VR company. Or at least some experiments for my enjoyment.

SOAPboy wrote:
Rift S is my go to recommend for people who are new and have a PC and want PCVR primarily. IF you can throw down a grand, Index is going to be the recommend there. And if you can literally light money on fire, Vive Pro + Index controllers + Wireless = Best setup period right now.

Can you do the same rundown for the HW reqs (I.e. processor, gfx, etc.).
My PC is 7 years old and I'll have to upgrade / get a new one.

And: What's "wireless"? Some brand?

Wireless = Wireless adapter.

Hardware side. I mean. This is subjective to some extent. Theres a min bar to get in the door but some people would find the literal bottom barrel unplayable due to jank/frame rates. When I say bottom barrel I mean like 1st gen i7 + GTX 960 4gig (Had a rift on this once, it worked, it wasnt great).

Ideally you'll want to go 4th gen i7 (4790ish) and faster CPU. GTX 1060 (Or equiv) is really enough to play everything out. Theres going to be some content that you'll have to turn down graphics or something but meh. Our living room VR setup is an older 4790 non K, 980 non ti. Runs everything out just fine in med to high detail.

2060 super/2070+ Would be ideal. As would an 8th gen i7 or newer. More so with some of the newer content coming out and if you wanted to "future proof" yourself a bit. Depends on budget, and your end game goal tbh. I tell everyone, spend what you can and feel ok with. If you have a PC that can VR now, try it, see how much its worth throwing money at for you.

Eraser wrote:

I'm so far ahead your tiny lizard brain can't even comprehend. What are you going to do next? Build above ground pools? :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Cool story bro. You keep on doing your domestic house wife shit. It's been fun acting 5 with ya. I've lost all interest since you clearly can't come up with anything beyond old geoff stuff. :up:

xer0s wrote:

Idk. I got bored. :olo:

Κracus wrote:
The only thing stopping me from getting a VR setup is how nauseous it makes me feel when I play it. I don't feel like forking over 1k+ to make myself feel like crap. It is cool though, I love VR but I think they still need to fix something.

Makes sense. Theres a few things you can do about it depending on the content. Shooters are hard in general until you get your "VR legs". BUT teleport movement options are good until you can handle other forms of locomotion. Frame Rate is a huge deal. Spikes can def cause issues. Really just comes down to "do I care enough to play it more". Ginger candy for mild nausea tends to help a lot of people until they get the VR legs thing solid. Just for the love of all that is unholy, don't try to power through. You'll just get more sick, then your body will associate that feeling with that game.

AirCar is forever ruined. >_>

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-25-2019 10:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SALTboy

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 11-25-2019 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
blabla

molto appreciado :up:

I guess I'm looking at ~2.8k€ in total for a vive pro + wireless.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-25-2019 03:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
xer0s wrote:

Idk. I got bored. :olo:

END OF TEST.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 11-25-2019 07:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-26-2019 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ah the inevitable trailer breakdown that's longer than the trailer and also monetised :|

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-26-2019 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're too cynical for someone who watches manchildren play videogames for a living :|

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.