Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Happy 20th Birthday... Quake 3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Happy 20th Birthday... Quake 3

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-06-2019 10:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes! I’m playing right now!

Very immersive. However, the character development is limited and gameplay can be repetitive...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-06-2019 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
/connect play.quake3world.com

i'm hitting tilde, console not showing. :down:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-06-2019 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-06-2019 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We are old...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-06-2019 01:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
xer0s wrote:

It was me. I always played with 300+ ping. When I got to college and got on the T1 lines, I felt like I had to relearn how to play.

Booger had a high ping too, but he was terrible...

Lol no. He was from the UK, pretty sure you played like ass and were so un-notable I don't recall ever playing you. The only people I remember playing were good, like doomer. I remember playing Ax Baby but just cause he was cool, he wasn't that great.

Might have been Denz. I also owned duhard so bad he'd quit halfway through the match and cry about lag.

I think it was Chris. He was good.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-06-2019 01:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We playing some quake then?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-08-2019 09:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

I'm in

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 12-08-2019 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
How does that work? Is this web based quake?

It's quake live which is only available through steam, https://qlstats.net/server/66.85.80.160:27960

Here's a quick run down:

I use https://ql.syncore.org/# to join fav servers usually, the in game browser is fine though.

You can join off this link if easier, just associate it with steam: steam://connect/66.85.80.160:27960

The console is ctrl alt ~ but you can use /com_allowconsole 1 to make it just tilde. Most of the settings can be found directly in the menu including forcing enemy and all that, so it's not detrimental.

Maps can be voted in the escape menu or through the console, tab completion works for map names:

callvote map longestyard

All default modes are available to be voted, but I have some with custom settings which are recommended over the defaults. They're prefixed with q3w. So to vote Clan Arena for example:

callvote map wintersedge q3wca

others off the top of my head:
q3wft freezetag
q3wffa free for all
q3wctf ctf
q3wictf instactf
q3woneflag oneflag ctf
q3wtdm teamdm
iffa instaffa no special prefix required

If you want a colorful name you can use !name in the chat. The server is modded and the way to interface with some of these mods is to use ! commands. !clan for clan.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 12-08-2019 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

We been playing here and there, but I'll hang out on the server on fri. I also play on dark fiber and pill clan ft

https://qlstats.net/server/4028
https://qlstats.net/server/1478

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.