Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Ghostbusters Afterlife

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Ghostbusters Afterlife

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 08:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 09:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't watch the trailer right now, so tell me, are we supposed to hate on this or be psyched about it?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 10:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Psyched. It actually looks pretty decent.

I told myself I was done watching trailers because I wanted to start going to the movies unadulterated. But I made an exception here because I thought this was going to be some cheesy film with cheap laughs. But it looks promising... (I have not read any other reviews or comments about this trailer, so I could be wrong)...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 10:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks interesting...I am quietly optimistic

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eh, this Stranger Things kid shit needs to stop.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 12:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait, so women weren't a success so now they try kids?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 01:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Looks interesting...I am quietly optimistic

Me too as it looks like it might just work.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 06:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another beaten to death franchise flick I'll never see. :disgust:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Just another beaten to death franchise flick I'll never see. :disgust:

QFT

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 12-09-2019 08:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks fine. Can tell they tried to keep the budget down on this one, so I assume it'll make money.

Eraser wrote:

It's a Jason Reitman passion project from everything I've read. I don't think this is a huge push from Sony, which explains the apparent lack of budget. Given the cast listing on IMDB, it also looks like everyone still alive except Rick Moranis is returning, so it's possible that the early trailer isn't reflective of the main story.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-10-2019 01:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

It's a true sequel rather than a remake

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-10-2019 04:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Eraser wrote:

It's a true sequel rather than a remake

If it's like Therac-25 says and the original cast is in the movie (for more than a 25 second shot saying "hi, we're still here") then that's cool, but I don't know what the value of the labelling this as "true sequel" is. What does that actually mean? Would the 2016 movie have been a true sequel if they made the four ladies the daughters of the original cast or something? And if so, would that have made it a better, more enjoyable movie?
Purely judging by this Afterlife trailer, there's nothing in there that tells me that this is going to be a good movie that matches the tone and atmosphere of the original Ghostbusters flick.
I'm not saying it's going to be a bad movie, but the link to the original is still razor thin at best at this point.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-10-2019 06:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Coming up next: Junior Avengers, Son of Batman, and X-Men Kids

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-10-2019 10:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ghostbusters is supposed to be a sci fi comedy. That's what made the original special, it was a light hearted comedic film with a sci fi story premise. This doesn't look like a comedy to me, it looks more like a semi serious sci fi wannabe reboot. At this point, just let the poor franchise go and leave the legacy of what it was alone instead of ruining it. Don't get me wrong either, this could be a very awesome movie but it's never going to be Ghostbusters without Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. Sorry if you're an Emie Hudson fan but the fact is Dan and Harold wrote Ghostbusters and Bill was the comedic lead. Without that trio you're never going to get another Ghostbusters and one of them is dead so...

They'd be better off just making a new IP at this point rather than trying to milk the Ghostbusters franchise.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-10-2019 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I loved Extreme Ghostbusters, the monster design was pretty gross and spooky and the tone of the show was pretty dark for a cartoon.

This would've been so much better than that stranger daycare shit.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-10-2019 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gooniebusters :)

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-16-2019 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cannot wait for this one! Looks great and looks like they did a good job tying the story into Ghostbusters #1

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.