Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        so the plane was shot down

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: so the plane was shot down

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-09-2020 05:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:alert:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-09-2020 05:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can you remind me who the plane belongs to? I heard something but no more here.

Never mind. I found it quickly.

Quote:
Footage of mid-air explosion emerges as Trudeau says intelligence shows Iran shot down plane

The Canadian Prime Minister says he has intelligence that Iran shot down a Ukrainian jet on Wednesday, killing all 176 people on board.

Source

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-09-2020 05:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump's fault...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-09-2020 06:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Indirectly, yes...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-10-2020 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump may be a dickhead, but how is it his fault that Iranians don't know how to use a SAM properly, and in any case bought the SAM off the Russians?

maybe the IRGC shouldn't have spent the last couple of decades being irl trolls throughout the ME

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-10-2020 08:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He’s indirectly at fault because if he hadn’t escalated tensions by killing Soleimani, then the Iranians wouldn’t have been so nervous and trigger happy to shoot down the first plane they saw...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-10-2020 08:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are we even sure it's the Iranians? Could easily have been shot down by Russians trying to instigate a war.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2020 09:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Americans aren't the only ones with intelligence in the area; if Russia was caught trying that kind of thing, it would be a nighmare for them. It's way more likely to be incompetence by some idiot on the ground who thought the plane was military.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-10-2020 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a nice coincidence for something like this to happen right when the US are trying to recruit the world (especially including allies like Ukraine and Canada) to join the anti-Iran war machine for which there has been zero public support for. God must really be American :dork:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-10-2020 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

people have been saying that war with Iran is just around the corner for years. it isn't, and even a blubbering headass like Trump isn't considering it

ffs i think i still have Scott Ritter's Target Iran book on my shelf from 2007. war with Iran is starting to sound like fusion power or the manned mission to Mars or Kurzweil's singularity bullshit at this point :dts:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-10-2020 10:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The singularity isn’t scheduled until 2045...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2020 01:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
people have been saying that war with Iran is just around the corner for years. it isn't, and even a blubbering headass like Drumpf isn't considering it

Yeah, nobody in their right mind wants war with Iran, even the warhawks. But remember, Drumpf isn't in his right mind. He was presented with options of how to respond to Iran's provocations, and the strike on Qasem Soleimani was what the military considered the 'extreme' option. It was meant to make the other options look more palatable; nobody in the room thought Drumpf would actually pick it. :dork:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-11-2020 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Iran says a Ukrainian plane which crashed outside Tehran this week had flown close to a sensitive military site and been brought down due to human error "at a time of crisis caused by US adventurism."

"The Islamic Republic of Iran deeply regrets this disastrous mistake," President Hassan Rouhani wrote on Twitter. "My thoughts and prayers go to all the mourning families. I offer my sincerest condolences."

Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif offered Iran's "profound regrets, apologies and condolences to our people, to the families of all victims, and to other affected nations."

The general staff of the armed forces said those responsible for shooting down the passenger jet would "immediately" be brought before military justice.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/01/ ... lane-crash

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-11-2020 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
seremtan wrote:
people have been saying that war with Iran is just around the corner for years. it isn't, and even a blubbering headass like Drumpf isn't considering it

Yeah, nobody in their right mind wants war with Iran, even the warhawks. But remember, Drumpf isn't in his right mind. He was presented with options of how to respond to Iran's provocations, and the strike on Qasem Soleimani was what the military considered the 'extreme' option. It was meant to make the other options look more palatable; nobody in the room thought Drumpf would actually pick it. :dork:

yeah, i don't buy that story. where have these people (the ones who presented the options) been living for the past four years - a cave? they would have known that Trump is a mental case. if they didn't want him to pick the extreme option they shouldn't have presented it to him. but they did.

i smell an arse-covering exercise :disgust:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.