Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 09:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

I'm kidding of course. The reality is that I'm already out here risking my health while 90% of my co-workers have been sent home. If I was going to fake a cough to get sent home I'd have done it already. It does piss me off how many people are coming to work that are supposed to stay home though and it does worry me to get called into the hospital but if it happens and I'm healthy then I'll be there. The private sector needs to shut down though, the projected death toll numbers are absolutely bonkers.

Lol calm down.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 09:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I wonder how big the positive environmental impact of this whole thing will be...

https://twitter.com/ikaveri/status/1239 ... 89383?s=21

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 10:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

with people WFH and staying in, is the internet infrastructure going to being able to cope? :|

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
For the people on the spectrum in our midst:
I was hoping the world would be in such a state that it would be safe to fly by the time I was supposed to leave. This is looking increasingly less likely with each passing day.

Funny how us people on the spectrum haven't been completely surprised by what's happening in the world in the last month :dork:

Have a nice quara...vacation.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 11:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Κracus wrote:

I'm kidding of course. The reality is that I'm already out here risking my health while 90% of my co-workers have been sent home. If I was going to fake a cough to get sent home I'd have done it already. It does piss me off how many people are coming to work that are supposed to stay home though and it does worry me to get called into the hospital but if it happens and I'm healthy then I'll be there. The private sector needs to shut down though, the projected death toll numbers are absolutely bonkers.

Lol calm down.

Ireland closed pubs down 36 hours before St Patricks day. I don't think I've seen a more serious crisis.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They pulled the trigger too early, that’s for sure to be sure.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 11:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
with people WFH and staying in, is the internet infrastructure going to being able to cope? :|

Err, yes. It’s like a series of tubes.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 11:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

I actually don't think so. If you look at how quickly it spreads governments should have been on top of this weeks ago. They're estimating something like 500,000 deaths due to this virus... I'm not sure if that stat was worldwide or just the UK...

Edit: yeah that's just the UK. 2.2 million in the US. People thinking this isn't serious need to wake the fuck up.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hopefully this will just eliminate Joe Biden supporters.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 12:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
MKJ wrote:
For the people on the spectrum in our midst:
I was hoping the world would be in such a state that it would be safe to fly by the time I was supposed to leave. This is looking increasingly less likely with each passing day.

Funny how us people on the spectrum haven't been completely surprised by what's happening in the world in the last month :dork:

Have a nice quara...vacation.

Was referring to xeros but ok.
Also didn't I already say I wasn't going? :dork:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 02:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

I actually don't think so. If you look at how quickly it spreads governments should have been on top of this weeks ago. They're estimating something like 500,000 deaths due to this virus... I'm not sure if that stat was worldwide or just the UK...

Edit: yeah that's just the UK. 2.2 million in the US. People thinking this isn't serious need to wake the fuck up.

Ffs I’m sick of saying this but you can only lock people up or limit movement for so long. You need to do it at the right time, for us that isn’t now. These people know what they are doing. That’s worst case btw. I’d spend a day getting your facts right.

Last edited by Doombrain on 03-18-2020 05:22 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 03:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Hopefully this will just eliminate Joe Biden supporters.

So ur voting Trump? What a moron...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 07:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol I forgot... Foreign scum can't vote here...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

The bogus data caps that Comcast and other ISPs have had in place for years is being exposed for the scam it is. They've lifted the caps for now so people can work from home, and they aren't having problems at all.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m7qk ... oronavirus

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 10:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Yep works pretty well.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I will say good luck to you all right now and hope we see you on the other side of this :smirk: :tear: :eek: Image and before the internet crashes...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-18-2020 02:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
seremtan wrote:

Yep works pretty well.

was also thinking of the human tech support fixing hardware issues. we're now even more reliant on the tubes than before

zoom's share price must be going through the roof

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-18-2020 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The engineering firm I work for has issued direction to work remotely. Starting tomorrow I work from home. Even though this sucks in general, at least I get to skip the 1 hour commute, sleep in a bit and work in my underwear.

Everyone, wash your hands....

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-18-2020 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hospitals starting to get busy here... lolavirus?...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-18-2020 04:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Update

4 March 92,860

6 March 97,876

7 March 101,731

9 March 109,835

14 Mar 140,875

15 Mar 156,098

17 Mar 181,200

19 Mar 214,894

link

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 01:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
was also thinking of the human tech support fixing hardware issues. we're now even more reliant on the tubes than before

zoom's share price must be going through the roof

Me and my company (a 6 person startup) have actually moved to Discord for video conferencing :)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 04:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Invite them over to the Q3W channel! >:D <3

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Update

4 March 92,860

6 March 97,876

7 March 101,731

9 March 109,835

14 Mar 140,875

15 Mar 156,098

17 Mar 181,200

19 Mar 214,894

link

Pointless info is pointless.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 08:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's literally information relevant to the topic... Pretty much everything you've said on this subject thus far has been pointless. I don't even think pointless is the correct word, it's been flat out incorrect or advice every expert on the subject recommends ignoring. You should probably spend a day or a week or a year getting your facts straight.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 10:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Death toll in Spain just jumped from 209 to 767 in one day..

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 10:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
That's literally information relevant to the topic... Pretty much everything you've said on this subject thus far has been pointless. I don't even think pointless is the correct word, it's been flat out incorrect or advice every expert on the subject recommends ignoring. You should probably spend a day or a week or a year getting your facts straight.

Numbers based on tests which almost every expert has admitted is a pointless task if not ramped up. Are you even reading about this? If you're going to quote numbers at least quote the fucking death toll.

It's more like 60-80k in the UK ffs. And the one post I have put was literally echoing what the UK and US experts are saying :rolleyes:

Another subject, another expert testimony from Kracus. What a shock. Also, "thus" :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 10:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

"Man rambles on incoherently."

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 10:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was nothing incoherent about me reply, you just don't have a response. Stay safe.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Pointless info is pointless.

Hey, chill! I am just the messenger relaying info.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Update as some don't click links

4 March 92,860

6 March 97,876

7 March 101,731

9 March 109,835

14 Mar 140,875

15 Mar 156,098

17 Mar 181,200

19 Mar 214,894

20 Mar 236,420

link

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-20-2020 04:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Netflix and Youtube are going to reduce their bitrates for european customers/streamers. No more UHD anymore only HD and, in times of heavy usage, SD.

Minister of state of Bavaria just announced a limited lockdown going into effect today at midnight.
Absolutely no more gatherings in public spaces except with family members.
Every shop is shut down except for grocery stores and banks (and post offices I guess).
People can go to work but employers are adviced to send every single possible person into home office. When this is not possible certain aid measures are already in effect to send those home and keep their income at 66-80%.
People can go outside but only alone or with family members (pets included).
People have no right to visit their relatives in hospital or nursing home anymore. Only in cases of decease or birth or a parent visting their child.

We only got so far because some people, especially teenagers and students, had to use the last two warm sunny days to meet in larger crowds in the parks and party it out. Those stupid cunts. Thank you very much.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-20-2020 05:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jee why didn't they just ask Doombrain? he says it's all overblown and too late for all those measures.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-20-2020 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I been dealing with my brother 4 days ago. He lives in a country in central america.
He told me I was panicking. He told me it's Big Pharma trying to get a hold on a vaccine when there is no need for it and this is just a sign of corruption and lobbying...

Nothing shocks me anymore.

I have a weak lung. I been smoking for 25 years. That's going to take a toll now.
Yet, I am the only one my parents have here to take care of them once this hits really hard. They are 75 and 80. Mom's been diagnosed with skin cancer. Dad has had 3 stances...

I am so fucking done with anyone who understimates this.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-20-2020 07:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Netflix and Youtube are going to reduce their bitrates for european customers/streamers. No more UHD anymore only HD and, in times of heavy usage, SD.

Yeah but that's showing EU incompetence once again. Dutch ISP's have all made statements about how this is nonsense. But yeah, I guess people in Spain, Italy or wherever with their SHITTY Internet infrastructure can't cope with Netflix's awesomeness.

Ferrao10 wrote:
We only got so far because some people, especially teenagers and students, had to use the last two warm sunny days to meet in larger crowds in the parks and party it out. Those stupid cunts. Thank you very much.

Interestingly, as I sit here working from home and I look out the window, most, if not all people I see are elderly 70+ people. It's those motherfuckers we're staying inside for and it's them who are all going outside and having orgies on the streets here.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-20-2020 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I live right next to a river valley in my city.
Typical summer smell is that of barbecue fire in the evenings and nights. I know who lights them because I did so as well. The youth.
That's what it smelled like here on the last two evenings. Wednesday and Thursday.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.