Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-26-2020 04:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
9k in Florida... Lol...

Texas and Florida are neck and neck. Two dumbest states? Maybe...

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-26-2020 06:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I hear the ICU in texas just hit 100% capacity

The ICU here is at 4% capacity. So maybe some areas in Texas. Not all.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-26-2020 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reported cases Worldwide

21 June 8,923,822

23 June 9,329,404

27 June 9,906,585

Total deaths
• World 496,915
• USA 127,640
• Brazil 56,109

Source #1
Source #2

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-26-2020 09:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With the 2nd wave hitting so soon in the US, there may be enough time for a 3rd wave right around election time. :miffed:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-26-2020 11:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been saying 2nd wave in August and 3rd late October/early November...and that will be the really bad one

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-27-2020 03:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like the EU are setting up to close borders to the US. Lol.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-27-2020 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't blame them. :|

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-27-2020 09:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canada has closed the borders to the U.S. for any non-essential travel since March and still not opening them. No freaking way!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-27-2020 10:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don’t blame ya.

But please, all foreign nations, don’t take offense and judge the U.S. by our leadership and our minority morons. My wife and I like to travel. I don’t want to be “The Americans” when we travel...

I’m speaking about when COVID blows over...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-27-2020 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finland and other Nordic countries have opened their borders to some non-retarded countries. Sorry Sweden :olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-27-2020 05:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.people-press.org/2020/06/25 ... concerns/#

Quote:
A growing share of Republicans believe that the nation has turned a corner in its struggle with the coronavirus. A majority of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents (61%) now say that when thinking about the problems facing the country from the coronavirus, “the worst is behind us,” while 38% say the “worst is still to come.” This marks a reversal of opinion since early April, when a majority of Republicans (56%) said the worst was still to come.

By contrast, just 23% of Democrats and Democratic leaners say that the worst is behind us when it comes to problems from the coronavirus; more than three times as many Democrats (76%) say the worst is still to come. This is a more modest change from April, when an even larger majority of Democrats (87%) said the worst was still to come.

The EU has good reason to be concerned....

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-28-2020 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
The EU has good reason to be concerned....

If the current trend continues, the US will have a 100k cases per day in two or three weeks.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-28-2020 12:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like the US just built a wall around themselves.
Promises made, promises kept :bulb:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-28-2020 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but Mexico didn't pay for it so fuck Trump

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 08:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 09:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I fucking love how “other” is the third highest death rate on that table :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a load of bullshit :olo:

It's cool America, the stats show everything's fine. You can go back to licking subway poles now :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps links to a site where the very first thing you see is this:

"Anyone can publish on Medium per our Policies, but we don’t fact-check every story. For more info about the coronavirus, see cdc.gov."

:olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 10:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I might be wrong but I believe that site has a strong right wing bias.

It is pretty annoying how there's not really any good reputable sources of information on this at all. Both the left and the right seem at odds with each other. I have no doubt right wing outlets try to downplay the seriousness of this epidemic while the left wing makes it sound like the apocalypse. It doesn't help that you have a right wing government outright sabotaging testing and otherwise trying to con its own citizens in regards to information and the current status. I feel like I've reached a point where I'm simply exhausted from an information overload. It might have a lot to do with the increase in workload due to covid-19 and the fact that it just hasn't slowed down in months. I can't have a single moment to catch my breath so to speak and it's beginning to show in my interactions where I've just had enough. All we're fed is bullshit and it's bullshit from every side. I do however think that the right wing bullshit is the worst of the two.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 10:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or you could just look at the distilled data...

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 10:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it’s pretty obvious where Gramps stands on this issue. He just doesn’t want to say it. Instead, he’d rather try to fool us into reading some bullshit disguised as factual news...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

That's my point, it's tough to figure out what's accurate. Even on that site, confirmed cases for China is 84k... like give me a break, I don't buy that bullshit. You're telling me the country where the outbreak began with a population in the billions has had less infections than a country with 40 million people (Canada). The sources of information are heavily biased no matter which side is doing the reporting.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

That's my point, it's tough to figure out what's accurate. Even on that site, confirmed cases for China is 84k... like give me a break, I don't buy that bullshit. You're telling me the country where the outbreak began with a population in the billions has had less infections than a country with 40 million people (Canada). The sources of information are heavily biased no matter which side is doing the reporting.

Not to mention, that site is always at least a day behind the other site Whiskey links. Which by the way shows the daily deaths in US yesterday at 285 which is considerably less than it was just a couple of weeks ago at around 1500 a day. It's been dropping quite a bit in the last few days. Whether it stays that way will show in the next couple of weeks. The increase in positive results could also be enhanced by the increased testing that has been happening in addition to opening back up/protests/etc. Too early to tell at this point.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 12:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

I have to agree with this; there is no way that Chyna only has that many cases.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm preparing to loose the job I'm doing probably around November, 1st.
Tourism hasn't come up although possible for more than a month. We've had disastrous numbers.
If the numbers keep on like this we will make 1 miliion in deficit by the end of this year.
Game over, unless the summer vacations can rescue us. But I really doubt it.

40+, will have to look for some alternative. Even going into an apprenticeship is a possibility.

I regard it as a chance instead of a catastrophe.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reported cases Worldwide

23 June 9,329,404

27 June 9,906,585

29 June 10,395,643

Total deaths
• World 507,416
• USA 128,767
• Brazil 58,314

Source #1
Source #2

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
........... an apprenticeship is a possibility....

That is positive thinking :up:
If I were younger and looking for a vocation/career change, an apprenticeship would be something I'd look at. Just a thought, what about a male hair dresser/barber apprenticeship ? People will always need them and cash in lieu of electronic payment might be helpful tax wise :D Eventually your own small business might be appealing.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Just a thought, what about a male hair dresser/barber

Fuck off.

Edit: they make like 9€/hour here. No, definitely not. I have been working as an audio/video/lighting- technician for the last 20 years without apprenticeship. That's what I'm thinking about.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 05:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

"Anyone can publish on Medium per our Policies, but we don’t fact-check every story. For more info about the coronavirus, see cdc.gov."

I especially love the hastily-Photoshopped graphs. :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

What part of the article are you having problems with? Was it the title? Was it all the charts and graphs? Maybe it was the 50+ sources referenced at the end? Do you not believe the content of the article? If not. What do you believe?

Do you believe when the WHO says there is no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission?
https://www.who.int/csr/don/12-january- ... -china/en/

Do you believe when the WHO says Covid-19 is not a global emergency?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/heal ... gency.html

Do you believe when the US Surgeon General and CDC say masks do not prevent the spread of Covid-19?
https://twitter.com/Surgeon_General/sta ... 00304.html

Or do you believe when the CDC says masks do prevent the spread of Covid-19?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... dance.html

Do you believe when the CDC says Covid-19 spreads easily on surfaces?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/c ... story.html

Or do you believe when the CDC says Covid-19 doesn’t spread easily on surfaces?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... te-states/

Do you believe when the WHO says asymptomatic transmission of Covid-19 is rare?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/health/c ... index.html

Or do you believe when the WHO says asymptomatic transmission of Covid-19 is not rare?
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-scr ... known.html

Do you believe the CDC mixed viral and antibody testing?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/health/c ... index.html

Or do you need a likely biased fact checker to tell you what to believe/partially believe?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't worry Gwamps it will all be over for you soon.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, shield your eyes from all of the deaths.
How did people die in Italy? So many in such a short time?
The normal flue? Yeah, right. First time in like, ever.

Answer just that one question.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 06:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tainted pasta

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Yeah, shield your eyes from all of the deaths.
How did people die in Italy? So many in such a short time?
The normal flue? Yeah, right. First time in like, ever.

Answer just that one question.

Why don't you read the article? There's a quite reasonable explanation.

BTW, I'm not saying the virus isn't real. It's very real.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 06:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Don't worry Gwamps it will all be over for you soon.

Yup IM-SuKKNNuTZ, as soon as the election is over we'll be on to something else.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.