Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 01:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's the vaccine situation around the Q3W world? Canada has zero domestic vaccine production so we're being told most Canadians won't get it until September—and that's a best case scenario :disgust:

Thank you to the conservatives for privatizing Canada's publicly-funded vaccine labs in the 90s and selling them off to pharmaceutical corporations for a quick buck.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 02:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think our govt pre-ordered a few million oxford vaccins a few months back.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

same here. strong pharma industry

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 03:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They’re saying our health care workers will start getting it next month. Then the elderly will start getting it in January and February. Then the rest of us will start getting it in the Spring. So hopefully I’ll have it before the Summer...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
The Australian Government has agreements for the supply of COVID-19 vaccines, if they are proved to be safe and effective, with:

University of Oxford/AstraZeneca
University of Queensland/CSL
Novavax
Pfizer/BioNTech
COVAX Facility.

Above are hyperlinked on this page

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-02-2020 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yet another week passes....

17 Nov 55,349,529

24 Nov 60,017,173

3 Dec 64,737,145

Total deaths
• World 1,496,934
• USA 279,267
• Brazil 174,515
• India 138,628

Another site that may be of interest.

Source #1 Source #2

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-07-2020 03:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Prediction:

A good chunk (half or more) of Americans will not take the vaccine (at least initially). This will cause a huge stockpile of unused vaccines because we are ordering enough to vaccine everyone. Vaccines will sit in coolers, unused, and will spoil because people refuse to take it.

The pandemic will linger longer than it should because the non-vaccers won’t take their medicine. They want to wait on herd immunity, but that won’t happen with only half the country taking the shot.

People will only start getting the vaccine when they are denied entry to their favorite biker rally or electrical contractor convention. Vaccine passports apps on your phone are the only way to gain access to these events...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-07-2020 07:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's there's talk you won't be permitted to board passenger aircraft for international travel (when it returns) if the don't have that vaccination certificate. I would think any reasonable country would adopt the same requirements.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-08-2020 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
They’re saying our health care workers will start getting it next month. Then the elderly will start getting it in January and February. Then the rest of us will start getting it in the Spring. So hopefully I’ll have it before the Summer...

Pretty much the same in Germany.

As for making it mandatory by law: that would be pretty difficult here.
As silly as it sounds it wouldn't go well with article 2, part 2 of our Grundgesetz:

"Jeder hat das Recht auf Leben und körperliche Unversehrtheit...", but "...In diese Rechte darf nur auf Grund eines Gesetzes eingegriffen werden."

Our parlament just this year in early march came to an agreement about a law regarding the vaccination against measles.
They didn't make it mandatory but you have to proof immunity against the measles if you want to attend kindergarten or school or public services like that.
Against the measles, you can get a life-long immunity by ways of infection as an infant. Infection as an adolescent or adult has a higher mortality. So... good luck ;).

With sars-cov2 I don't think the scientific world yet knows how long immunity can be pertained either through infection or by ways of a vaccine... Shitty situation.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-10-2020 06:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's the latest numbers..

Corona Virus Cases:
24 Nov 60,017,173

3 Dec 64,737,145

11 Dec 70,711,368

Total deaths
• World 1,588,247
• USA 299,692
• Brazil 179,801
• India 142,222

Another site that may be of interest.

Source #1 Source #2

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 04:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tonight there's going to be a press conference by our prime minister. Rumours tell us they're probably going to announce a full lockdown in which all non-essential shops will close again (including hairdressers and such), as well as schools.

Couldn't care less about the shops but it kind of sucks to have to home school the kids again.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 05:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Tonight there's going to be a press conference by our prime minister. Rumours tell us they're probably going to announce a full lockdown in which all non-essential shops will close again (including hairdressers and such), as well as schools.

Couldn't care less about the shops but it kind of sucks to have to home school the kids again.

Same as the Germans, then. Yeah, bad news ahoy...the UK is going to be fucked as well. Doubly so with Brexit making us folks with common sense look like pricks. Treat.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I’m up to about 10 people that I know who have died from it. I wasn’t close to all these people, but I did know them. The closest I’ve had to me was my cousin’s mother-in-law. She was 44 years old...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 07:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But it's just a flu!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 08:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And Donald has it under control

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bye bye.
In hindsight it was a stupid decision to have the lockdown in early november just light. We should have made it a hard lockdown.
Yeah, well.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 09:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The problem is that people are becoming lax. They go to work like normal, they do their daily stuff as much as they can, they go visit family and relatives all the time. People really need to be hand-held and even forced into sticking to the measures that need to be taken. They won't do it out of themselves, so harsher lockdowns become an eventual necessity.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
People really need to be hand-held and even forced into sticking to the measures that need to be taken.

The queries here in Germany tell otherwise. The majority of people here support hard measures regarding this situation.
Do they just say so to the queries or do they actually act upon the measures? Hard to tell.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 09:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Third wave is starting in the UK with a new variant and restrictions are meant to be relaxing for Xmas.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The biggest issue is selfishness and arrogance. Most people in society have zero personal accountability or empathy and continue voting for policies that are against their own interests while supporting corporations that are ruining their livelihoods. They want all the benefits of society without contributing anything to it themselves, hence the lockdown protesters and anti-mask movement.

People are fucking stupid and morally depraved. It's over, religion and consumerism won.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
and restrictions are meant to be relaxing for Xmas.

You are fucked :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Your rant about selfishness and so on

Actually I do not think so.
I have witnessed quite the contrary at work and in arbitrary life. Most of the people here seem to have understood what a mask is for. And most act accordingly from what I can tell.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Your denial of reality and so on

You can think whatever makes you feel better. I can say "most of the people" in Canada understand masks and vaccines are important, but even in the most liberal part of the country, the far-right anti-mask protesters make up a significant part of the population.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... bedfellows

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-germa ... a-55761550

For every nurse or doctor who commits their life to saving others, 10 selfish assholes will cough all over each other in a church and spread misinformation in protest when their bars close at 10pm instead of 11pm.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 11:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

I forget if you're from the netherlands but if so...

https://nltimes.nl/2020/12/14/netherlan ... -19-report

Yeah screwed.

Meanwhile in my province we're down to 59 cases.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Third wave is starting in the UK with a new variant and restrictions are meant to be relaxing for Xmas.

Leave it to Brits to mutate the virus into something much worse... Ashamed of my British ancestry... :olo: ...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

It's a virus. They mutate. Nothing to see here on that front. The things that are fucking us is looking at pictures in London where people are rammed into Oxford Street and are milling about on the tubes.

I am fully expecting to be locked down for Christmas in Wales.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 01:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

Leave it to Brits to mutate the virus into something much worse... Ashamed of my British ancestry... :olo: ...

I refuse to believe you have any anyone British in your ancestry unless they came from a fucking zoo.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Ferrao10 wrote:
Your denial of reality and so on

You can think whatever makes you feel better. I can say "most of the people" in Canada understand masks and vaccines are important, but even in the most liberal part of the country, the far-right anti-mask protesters make up a significant part of the population.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... bedfellows

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-germa ... a-55761550

For every nurse or doctor who commits their life to saving others, 10 selfish assholes will cough all over each other in a church and spread misinformation in protest when their bars close at 10pm instead of 11pm.

I see your point. I just think you over-estimate it.
It is true that some fucks in Germany go to the streets to protest against what they think (or make up to be) is a dictatorship.
They are a really loud but really small minority. They are a nuisance. Nothing more.

Edit: Parts of the movement will now be watched by our kind of Homeland Security. Parts of the movement are infiltrated by far-right-influencers.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 02:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Eraser wrote:

I forget if you're from the netherlands but if so...

https://nltimes.nl/2020/12/14/netherlan ... -19-report

Yeah screwed.

Meanwhile in my province we're down to 59 cases.

Yes I am and yes we are.
But honestly, apart from primary schools closing, I haven't been too bothered by any of the measures taken all year. Sure, I haven't been out dining at restaurants. I haven't gone out see a movie in theaters. I have had periods where I couldn't practice with my band. I had to cancel a motorcycle trackday. There has been a time where my daughter couldn't go to her dancing class and my son couldn't go to swimming lessons. All nuisances, but relatively minor ones. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I could keep going like that for the next five years and never question my mental well being :shrug:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I refuse to believe you have any anyone British in your ancestry unless they came from a fucking zoo.

Best laugh in a long while :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-14-2020 03:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

It's a virus. They mutate. Nothing to see here on that front. The things that are fucking us is looking at pictures in London where people are rammed into Oxford Street and are milling about on the tubes.

I am fully expecting to be locked down for Christmas in Wales.

Wasn’t my point but it is displaying an higher R rate.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-15-2020 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

:olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-15-2020 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geoff is trying to tell us his teeth are fucked :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-15-2020 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

Deal with it moron...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 01:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What, you thought you were 100% American? Fucking moron lol

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.