Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 02:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Sicilian"

hey, remember that scene in True Romance with Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper...? :paranoid:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 12:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is beyond disgusting... So the leaders of the great United States of America wanted Americans to get infected to achieve herd immunity.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/1 ... egy-446408

This is what happens when you have a fucking moron at the helm. A : Business man" in control during a pandemic worries about business, not the people.

Quote:
Alexander also argued that colleges should stay open to allow Covid-19 infections to spread, lamenting in a July 27 email to Centers for Disease Control Director Robert Redfield that “we essentially took off the battlefield the most potent weapon we had...younger healthy people, children, teens, young people who we needed to fastly [sic] infect themselves, spread it around, develop immunity, and help stop the spread.

They would rather see your kids dead than watch businesses struggle, not to mention the lingering effects of the disease would have on them. Fantastic. Anyone that supported Trump really needs to hang their heads in shame. The world would be better off without the 70 million or so Americans that voted for that fool.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 01:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a shock for you?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
"Sicilian"

hey, remember that scene in True Romance with Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper...? :paranoid:

Love it, explains my huge cock... No joke...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-17-2020 12:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So is your scrotum lopsided, or does the one ball reside in the middle resulting in a cyclops type visage? A cycocks, if you will.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-17-2020 12:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

S P A W N E D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-17-2020 10:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Incredible numbers..

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases:

3 Dec 64,737,145

11 Dec 70,711,368

18 Dec 74,928,265

Total deaths
• World 1,662,489
• USA 315,641
• Brazil 183,959
• India 144,786

Source

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-17-2020 10:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still out-third-worlding the third-world shitholes. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-17-2020 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fake injection anyone :olo:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-21-2020 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gg UK,
you're some bloody cheaters. Well ,we are as well, fuck you though.
So we ban you from our servers.
:D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-21-2020 03:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

our own special edition of the plague :D

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 12-23-2020 11:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

South Africa now apparently has a new, more virulent strain too.
This shit really isn't going away any time soon.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-24-2020 01:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's probably going to become a part of the common cold that goes around each year. There are a few strains of coronaviruses that make up the common cold, and as Covid-19 mutates it will probably be added to the list and never really go away completely. Although there have been recent advances in making an antivirus that can kill all strains of the common cold, so there's that to hope for.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-24-2020 05:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
It's probably going to become a part of the common cold...

I seen people say this. Along the lines of, this will be like the flu, we’ll have it every year. But I haven’t seen any experts saying this. Do you have any legitimate sources for this claim?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-24-2020 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We have been vaccinated... Jellus?...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-24-2020 07:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

By we, you mean your wife...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-24-2020 09:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Transient wrote:
It's probably going to become a part of the common cold...

I seen people say this. Along the lines of, this will be like the flu, we’ll have it every year. But I haven’t seen any experts saying this. Do you have any legitimate sources for this claim?

I don't doubt this could be true, but what bothers me is that by saying that, people downgrade the virus like it's an ordinary flu that you won't have anything to worry about of you're in decently good health.
Right now people are dying of COVID-19 who most likely wouldn't have died of an ordinary seasonal flu. That might happen 2 years from now as well.
Personally, I don't want to catch COVID-19 ever. Not now, not 10 years from now when it might just hospitalize an insignificant fraction of the people it does now.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-24-2020 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was only going off news articles I read months ago when less was known about the virus. As I recall, supposedly the virus will continue to mutate and get more contagious but less deadly over time. That's not meant to downplay the severity; if anything, it means it will be worse since it'll never really go away and will continue to kill people year over year. Considering Covid-19 seems to have some potentially severe long-term or permanent effects on the body after you recover (lung scarring, heart weakening), that could really suck.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-24-2020 03:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So you don’t have any legitimate sources...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-24-2020 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't have any sources, period, that I can be bothered to Google. It's from like 6 months ago, I don't know where I read it anymore, LOL.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-24-2020 06:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a good thing!

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 12-25-2020 03:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I was only going off news articles I read months ago when less was known about the virus. As I recall, supposedly the virus will continue to mutate and get more contagious but less deadly over time.

While I agree with the first part of this, that the virus will continue to mutate, I can't see there being any logical reason to assume that more mutations means it will get less deadly.

Virii don't get "diluted" the more of them there are :tard:

If anything, it will become more deadly, simply because we will have to try and keep up and develop new treatments for each variant. For existing examples, see multiple drug resistant bacterias and virii that have reared their ugly heads in recent years.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-25-2020 03:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well the more people who have it, the more people will die from it. So in that sense, it's gonna be deadlier just by sheer volume.

But in general if a virus mutates to kill its host easier, then it has less of a chance of being passed on to other hosts since the sicker a person is, the less likely they are to be out and about, infecting others. So people with weaker strains of the virus who are out going to work are more likely to pass that version on to others than if they were laid up in bed at home.

But I'm not an immunologist, I just play one on the internet. :owned:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-25-2020 01:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
While I agree with the first part of this, that the virus will continue to mutate, I can't see there being any logical reason to assume that more mutations means it will get less deadly.

Virii don't get "diluted" the more of them there are :tard:

If anything, it will become more deadly, simply because we will have to try and keep up and develop new treatments for each variant. For existing examples, see multiple drug resistant bacterias and virii that have reared their ugly heads in recent years.

uh, the common cold is a coronavirus that has mutated into something less harmful because that's the best path to long-term survival as a species. more virulent covids = quarantines and lockdowns = an early extinction for that form of virus

the only question is: will the necessary mutations occur in Covid-19 to create a path to being less harmful like the common cold, or will it go out in a blaze of glory, or will it get thrown into horny jail like smallpox and spend the rest of its existence in a glass vial in sub-zero temperatures?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-28-2020 05:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ebola couldn't wide-spread because it killed the hosts too quickly.
So, if there get to come up more deadly strains of Covid-19 they will have a higher chance of being eliminated early on. Either now by ways of vaccination or later by their own way of killing hosts too fast.

seremtan wrote:
uh, the common cold is a coronavirus that has mutated into something less harmful because that's the best path to long-term survival as a species.

The common cold is an Influenza-Virus. Not part of the Corona-family, afaik.
Viruses don't think though. They are not aware of their species. They don't have a natural drive for reproduction.
They just mutate and the mutation that fits the situation best is going to stay and keep on mutating.
There are thousands of viruses around us everytime. A lot of them just don't affect the human race as it stands right now.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-28-2020 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
seremtan wrote:
uh, the common cold is a coronavirus that has mutated into something less harmful because that's the best path to long-term survival as a species.

The common cold is an Influenza-Virus. Not part of the Corona-family, afaik.

Wrong, common cold is a coronavirus.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-28-2020 12:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Viruses don't think though. They are not aware of their species. They don't have a natural drive for reproduction.
They just mutate and the mutation that fits the situation best is going to stay and keep on mutating.

that's what i said :|

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-28-2020 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Wrong, common cold is a coronavirus.

Actually it's both. There are multiple viruses involved. Rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, parainfluenza viruses and adenoviruses. There are like 200 different specific viruses it could be.
https://www.healthline.com/health/commo ... onaviruses

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-28-2020 05:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I scanned some pages for interest and stumbled across this alternate site..

11 Dec 70,711,368

18 Dec 74,928,265

29 Dec 81,651,939

Total deaths
• World 1,780,850
• USA 343,072
• Brazil 191,641
• India 148,190

Source

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-29-2020 01:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I scanned some pages for interest and stumbled across this alternate site..

11 Dec 70,711,368

18 Dec 74,928,265

29 Dec 81,651,939

Total deaths
• World 1,780,850
• USA 343,072
• Brazil 191,641
• India 148,190

Source

You were linking to that first URL earlier in this thread :paranoid:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-29-2020 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey is slip’n. Could be Alzheimer’s...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-29-2020 01:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If Whiskey ever stops posting here, the average age drops about 15 years.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-29-2020 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
You were linking to that first URL earlier in this thread :paranoid:

Correct :up: I just checked the previous page and it is there as Source #2 so thank you :)
My bad.... I haven't heard or used that term in ages.

Eraser wrote:
If Whiskey ever stops posting here, the average age drops about 15 years.

.... and the IQ will fall dramatically :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-29-2020 02:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-29-2020 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't doubt that.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.