Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-21-2021 11:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
That’s shit. It’s coming here in the UK soon.

I’m in two minds about if it’s a overreaction or for the best as all the data is saying omicron isn’t going to be a problem.

The problem we have is 10% of the NHS are already off ill.

I think it’ll be a problem. They say it’s only 50% likely to put you in the hospital compared to Delta. But it’s 3 times (or more) as contagious. So that’s still a net positive for hospitalizations and deaths…

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-21-2021 01:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
If USA is doing anything right, it’s the availability of vaccines. I didn’t have to schedule my booster. I just walked into the pharmacy and got the shot…

Lucky you. It's totally different here. Still need to get an appointment and only 50+ age group can make appointments so far. My 67 yo FIL had an appointment but something went wrong. He got to his appointment but they refused to give him his booster jab because they couldn't find his appointment in the system. Even the location manager refused and he got site security involved. Eventually, all he wanted to do was give him the phone number to a different vaccination site (a 40min drive away) where he might be able to get his shot. He called and after much back-and-forth they agreed for him to get the shot.
It's insane that they refuse a willing person a shot, because of bureaucracy.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 12-21-2021 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
xer0s wrote:
If USA is doing anything right, it’s the availability of vaccines. I didn’t have to schedule my booster. I just walked into the pharmacy and got the shot…

Lucky you. It's totally different here. Still need to get an appointment and only 50+ age group can make appointments so far. My 67 yo FIL had an appointment but something went wrong. He got to his appointment but they refused to give him his booster jab because they couldn't find his appointment in the system. Even the location manager refused and he got site security involved. Eventually, all he wanted to do was give him the phone number to a different vaccination site (a 40min drive away) where he might be able to get his shot. He called and after much back-and-forth they agreed for him to get the shot.
It's insane that they refuse a willing person a shot, because of bureaucracy.

That is insane.. I'm sorry to hear he had to go through that. Glad he was able to get it in the end.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-30-2021 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2 weeks pass...

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases:

31 Dec 286,438,244

17 Dec 273,166,659

4 Dec 264,913,473

Total deaths
• World 5,444,387
• USA 845,319
• Brazil 618,870
• India 480,860
• Mexico 299,132

Source

On our local front, we opened boarders and cases skyrocket :smirk:

Source if interested..

I cross my fingers for a happier & healthier New Year as we sit at 90.5% single and 86.2% double dose vaccinations.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-31-2021 03:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If this disease had a higher death rate, the basement dwellers would end up being the remaining survivors and the alpha of our species. Missed opportunity for Krackus.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-02-2022 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Local news.

It was said very few people know of someone with coronavirus, in Australia at least. I knew of no one personally but today I got a telephone call from a concerned neighbour in our 39 apartment complex and am advised a 19yo granddaughter tested positive yesterday and is isolating at home. Interesting days ahead :smirk:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-04-2022 12:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Had my first positive result. Mint.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-04-2022 02:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that's wank

hope it's omicron for the smooth mildness

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-04-2022 02:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sucks. Hope you're not gonna feel too bad Doombrain.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 01-04-2022 04:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
that's wank

hope it's omicron for the smooth mildness

It is my understanding that the term "mild" is significantly misrepresented by the media. Mild symptoms versus drowning and gasping for air above water (original strain and Delta) is still pretty horrific experience.

With that said, may you recover and not experience any long covid.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-04-2022 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Mild" also still includes loss of smell and/or taste in many people, plus other "long covid" symptoms. We still don't know if that will be lifelong, but many people are suffering from it a year or more later.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 01-04-2022 10:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Had my first positive result. Mint.

Hopefully it passes through you quick without too much struggle.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-04-2022 12:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Sucks. Hope you're not gonna feel too bad Doombrain.

:up:

Mrs and I had our 3rd jab yesterday. Fingers remain crossed for all.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-05-2022 03:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

doing OK at the moment. not feeling great but i think the vacations have really helped keep it at bay.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-07-2022 05:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey look it's gwamps and his freedom-loving brothers: https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... ill_kill_a

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-12-2022 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2 weeks pass and of note, Russia takes 4th place from Mexico

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases:

13 Jan 2022 316,405,594

31 Dec 286,438,244

17 Dec 273,166,659

Total deaths
• World 5,527,644
• USA 865,357
• Brazil 620,281
• India 484,740
• Russia 318,432

Source

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 01-22-2022 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So... being anti-covid claimed Meatloaf.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-24-2022 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So my 14 year old nephew was PCR-tested positive today.
I paid a visit to them yesterday, was with him in direct contact over an hour or so without masks of course.
I'm in quarantine now :).

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-24-2022 04:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Think of it as a stay-cation. Good luck!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2022 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
I paid a visit to them yesterday, was with him in direct contact over an hour or so without masks of course.

I've got my fingers crossed for you Ferrao10.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 01-25-2022 05:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:

:up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-25-2022 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Think of it as a stay-cation. Good luck!

Definitely! :)

Only problem is I need an official quarantine-order from the health department for my employer.
About 26 hours ago I used an online form to tell them (health department) I am a "contact-person".
Also the positive test-result should have gotten to them about 29 hours ago.
Haven't heard from them yet.
They are probably heavily busy with cases. It's kinda sky-rocketing in Germany atm.

And thanks for the kind words folks :up: .

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-27-2022 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A workmate has tested positive and is now off work until a negative test so I watch for symptoms :smirk:

BTW, we wear masks at work and use the hand sanitisers frequently but we share the same cash registers and yes, those fancy glass screen things.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-27-2022 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm running out of fingers to cross for all the people at risk of covid lately. Here's hoping you don't catch it! :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-28-2022 01:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my boss has long covid

fuck that noise

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 01-28-2022 03:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, my family household all came down with it about two weeks ago. The kids bounced back fairly quickly after fever/headaches, but the two (triple V'd) adults were knocked flat for several days - proper sore head/body/muscle aches (one night I swear it was my spine bones that were throbbing), and just every part of your body felt about 10stone heavier.

Luckily none of the immediate symptoms for us were the really bad ones (respiratory issues or fever, taste etc. ), and even more luckily the days leading up to our positives we had not had our usual grandparents contact for school pickups/dropoff etc.

Definitely came from the kids/school as it is still going through every yeargroup that we know about.

UK (Scotland) where I am had a 10day isolation required from first positive, and you can try and get two daily consecutive negative LFT tests from day6 onwards to get out of that isolation early. I was still solidly positive on LFTs until day 13 though ;/

Two direct friends I know are also currently +ve now after having covid positive illness last summer.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-28-2022 08:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds rough and something I have heard from others too - it's more like a proper flu now than anything else (after the jabs)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-29-2022 01:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Sounds rough and something I have heard from others too - it's more like a proper flu now than anything else (after the jabs)

Fingers crossed for all here.
Our neighbour tested positive yesterday... My Wife had coffee with her two days ago :(

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-30-2022 01:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Everything and everyone around me is getting infected. Omicron is just crazy infectious. But, everyone is like "oh, I feel a little feverish at worst but that's about it". Now, I know people are still dying because of this and it's just not done to take the "but it's just a flu!" route, but Jesus, 80% of my social circles are quarantines because of what, to them, is essentially a weak flu, or, worse, they've only been in contact with someone that was infected and are now sitting at home because of something they don't have.

We've also been quarantined for two days because there were a large number of COVID infections in the out-of-school care of two of my kids. They had last been there 5 days before we got the phone call, so we could make an appointment for a PCR test immediately (with a negative test after 5 days you're allowed out of quarantine again) but such a huge number of people are getting tested that it took two days before we could get a testing appointment. My kids missed 3 days of school because of nothing, really.

My daughter is missing the first soccer match with her new team because the opposing team cancelled.due to too many kids being in quarantine. My nephew and niece missed a week of school because their classes were sent home because of too many COVID cases in their groups.

My daughter is supposed to visit highschools in order to choose where she'll go next school year but in some cases she can't because if COVID restrictions. Where she can go visit the school, parents aren't allowed inside. It's one of the most important choices of her life and she can't properly prepare for it, while at the same time, we've heard two years of non-stop complaints from closed pubs because people can't get fucking shit faced at 2am anymore.

Fuck this shit. I'm done with it.

I realize this smells of straight up Karen talk, but I've been following every rule to the letter for 2 years now, and I still see 60% of people in supermarkets wear face masks on their chin. I'll wear my masks properly,I do get my vaccinations, I wash my hands till they bleed, I sneeze in my elbows and I do a self-test before visiting family. Sure. But fuck it, I will go to the supermarket to get groceries if I spent 15 minutes talking to a COVID infected person. I refuse to do a full blown quarantine because of having been in contact with a COVID infected person. I barely go out anyway, but I will keep doing the essentials.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-30-2022 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Everybody's going to get it eventually. Right now it's just a matter of not letting the hospitals get overloaded.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-30-2022 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Everybody's going to get it eventually. Right now it's just a matter of not letting the hospitals get overloaded.

We're told the same line here....

:arrow: Eraser, I'm in the same boat & feel your pain but laughed at your mention of 'Karen talk' :olo: only because I stumbled across some classic Karen talk on YouTube, now I feel a little better for watching. Give it go..

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-30-2022 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was at the dentist last week and my dental hygienist was a black woman. She introduced herself and I didn't quite catch the name, but it sounded like she said Karen. I make a point of using a person's name when greeting them, so I said hello, Karen. From the response on her face, even through the face mask, I could tell that was not her name. :o

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-30-2022 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you ever get her name for the next visit? She has those sharp instruments in your mouth remember.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-30-2022 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, her name is Kay, and I won't forget it! :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-30-2022 11:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You sure she didn't say "Stop hitting on me, Transient, I'm gay"?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.