Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-21-2022 05:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Kracus said: I actually don't think so. If you look at how quickly it spreads governments should have been on top of this weeks ago. They're estimating something like 500,000 deaths due to this virus... I'm not sure if that stat was worldwide or just the UK...

Edit: yeah that's just the UK. 2.2 million in the US. People thinking this isn't serious need to wake the fuck up.

Quote:
Doombrain said: Ffs I’m sick of saying this but you can only lock people up or limit movement for so long. You need to do it at the right time, for us that isn’t now. These people know what they are doing. That’s worst case btw. I’d spend a day getting your facts right.

Another subject, another expert testimony from Kracus. What a shock. Also, "thus" :olo:

:olo:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-21-2022 10:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I got it two weeks ago... Sucked, wouldn't recommend. Still got symptoms but I'm testing negative.

Just curious, how did you end up getting it?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-21-2022 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He was doing independent research in his top-secret virology lab.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-24-2022 05:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Κracus wrote:
I got it two weeks ago... Sucked, wouldn't recommend. Still got symptoms but I'm testing negative.

Just curious, how did you end up getting it?

I'm not 100% sure. A friend of mine wasn't feeling well and I dropped by to say hi, he said it wasn't covid but I suspect it was.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-25-2022 03:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess my question is, since you predicted the severity of Covid, why are you not masking? Why not have better personal protocols?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-25-2022 09:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
I guess my question is, since you predicted the severity of Covid, why are you not masking? Why not have better personal protocols?

You're making a lot of assumptions. I actually did take precautions, like bringing him a covid test prior. (he tested negative) I was bringing him some beer and a few joints, sadly this friend is a severe alcoholic and without his booze he's likely to be far worse off as withdrawl problems are a serious consideration for him. I also didn't directly interact with him, I was just dropping some stuff off since he wasn't feeling well.

I also wore a mask the entire time it was mandated and I wore one weeks after I tested negative just to be safe. I don't wear one normally however because it's no longer a requirement in public here and frankly I don't like wearing them, I have a pretty majestic beard, can't be hiding that thing. However that's not to say I wouldn't wear one if governing bodies suggested they be mandatory in public due to an increase in infections but that's no longer the case here.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-25-2022 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Imagine giving beer to a severe alcoholic and still calling them a friend :olo: :olo: :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-25-2022 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"A friend in need is a friend indeed" IMHO, alcoholic or not. Just my 2 cents and remember, I work in a bottle shop/liquor store so maybe, just maybe, I am blind the the bleeding obvious :)

oh yeah!
oh yeah!
PostPosted: 10-25-2022 06:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
CZghost wrote:
Christmas in Summer? Sounds like a good idea. :D

It's a very strange vibe if you grew up in the northern hemisphere with Christmas and Winter being entwined, to move to the southern hemisphere and experience Christmas in the middle of Summer.

Standing out on the patio BBQing steaks in blazing sunlight while jingle bells plays and there's a little christmas tree with snow decorations on it is... different. Also traditional christmas fare (cake, big meal) don't translate so well to the heat.

The good thing is that instead of a time of indulgence circumstances re-focus it as spending time with friends and family, which is just fine.

Growing up, below the equator, my Santa Claus was black and wore red shirts and shorts. Imagine my confusion when I arrived in the US.

Last edited by duffman91 on 10-25-2022 06:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-25-2022 06:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
raw wrote:

You're making a lot of assumptions. I actually did take precautions, like bringing him a covid test prior. (he tested negative) I was bringing him some beer and a few joints, sadly this friend is a severe alcoholic and without his booze he's likely to be far worse off as withdrawl problems are a serious consideration for him. I also didn't directly interact with him, I was just dropping some stuff off since he wasn't feeling well.

I also wore a mask the entire time it was mandated and I wore one weeks after I tested negative just to be safe. I don't wear one normally however because it's no longer a requirement in public here and frankly I don't like wearing them, I have a pretty majestic beard, can't be hiding that thing. However that's not to say I wouldn't wear one if governing bodies suggested they be mandatory in public due to an increase in infections but that's no longer the case here.

Enabler!

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-26-2022 03:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
"A friend in need is a friend indeed" IMHO, alcoholic or not. Just my 2 cents and remember, I work in a bottle shop/liquor store so maybe, just maybe, I am blind the the bleeding obvious :)

That's exactly it. This guy is honestly one of the nicest dudes I know, he'd literally give you the shirt off his back if he thought it'd make you happy. Even though I'd like him to quit or at least reduce his dependency on it I'm not going to cause him suffering or worse because I'm so judgmental. People who think like that aren't people I'd want to be friends with.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-27-2022 03:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

What assumptions did I make? Despite your story, you still went unmasked to a person's house who you know isn't taking covid protocols seriously and was sick all while decrying you were right about mass deaths and how this pandemic was downplayed all while saying that "wearing a mask" covers your beautiful beard while simultaneously stating "because I'm not being forced to".

The cognitive dissonance here is astounding. Either you believe in the science or don't.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-27-2022 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My favourite part in all this is how proud kracass is of fueling the crippling addiction of a "friend" instead of actually getting them professional help. Really says a lot about him as a person.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-29-2022 01:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Classic dipshit

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-29-2022 02:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: no coronavirus thread ?...

Our Covid testing stations, tents really about the suburb(s) have disappeared and we never hear mention on the 'C' word in the media. Weird :smirk: The Mrs just commented, she just read a news item where China has locked down another city...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-29-2022 10:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Corona is slowly moving into public perception here. I actually heard a government mandated radio commercial about taking precautions because the winter season is coming.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-30-2022 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-30-2022 01:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So we're dumping links with unverified claims here just like that?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-30-2022 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, I mentioned my skepticism over the origin of the virus on page 43.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-01-2022 03:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
What assumptions did I make? A lot Despite your story, you still went unmasked to a person's house assumption who you know isn't taking covid protocols seriously assumptoin and was sick all while decrying you were right about mass deaths I was and how this pandemic was downplayed It was all while saying that "wearing a mask" covers your beautiful beard while simultaneously stating "because I'm not being forced to". Because I'm fully vaccinated, you're taking comments I made before the vaccines were released out of context.

The cognitive dissonance here is astounding. Either you believe in the science or don't.

I have to assume you're trolling me, no one with an ounce of common sense would believe any of that drivel. You're taking comments made during a different time completely out of context to fit some idiotic narrative because that's what people on this message board like to do. It's sad and pathetic, like your opinion.

It's like laughing at someone for yelling that there's a flood coming moments before a Tsunami AFTER the Tsunami has already passed. I brought a friend some supplies because he was too ill to go out AFTER I had him take a covid test, which he tested negative. I followed the mandates as they were issued, got vaccinated when the time came and will comply with mandates if they become necessary again. Are you taking precautions against Polio? The bubonic plague? Ebola? Of course you aren't, because your logic is flawed and you lack common sense.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-01-2022 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool story bro.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-03-2022 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL. Morons still arguing over masks. :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-04-2022 12:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh hey it's Pot again.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-04-2022 03:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
LOL. Morons still arguing over masks. :olo:

I would not argue with you about masks. Cognitive impartment from Long Covid is not really a risk for you.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-04-2022 03:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-04-2022 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-attorney-opposed-state-helmet-law-dies-motorcycle-crash-not-we-rcna54095

I read about that a few weeks back and the self-own is so hard in this. Dude and his girl would have likely been saved if they wore a helmet....the very thing they spent time and money fighting.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-04-2022 08:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Typical Gramps. Gaslighting about something no one is talking about…

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-04-2022 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last few posts remind me of the Darwin Awards.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-04-2022 01:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Κracus wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-attorney-opposed-state-helmet-law-dies-motorcycle-crash-not-we-rcna54095

I read about that a few weeks back and the self-own is so hard in this. Dude and his girl would have likely been saved if they wore a helmet....the very thing they spent time and money fighting.

I'm sure Alanis Morisette can write a song about it

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-04-2022 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

10,000 spoons when all I need is a mask.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-16-2022 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last update was again, a month ago...

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases Reported

17 Nov 641,241,135

17 Oct 629,897,234

17 Sep 616,619,073

Total deaths
• World 6,618,685
• USA 1,100,652
• Brazil 688,770
• India 530,535
• Russia 391,212

Source

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-21-2022 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Days later than the usual post on the 17th of the month, telling that is, it's 'falling off the radar' :smirk:

Locally, my sister and brother-in-law have come down with it, testing +ve, suffering severe 'flu like' symptoms on day 3.

22 Dec 659,675,056

17 Nov 641,241,135

17 Oct 629,897,234

Total deaths
• World 6,678,336
• USA 1,114,931
• Brazil 692,407
• India 530,681
• Russia 393,166

Source

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-16-2023 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wonder where those numbers are at ...

17 Jan 2023 671,470,626

22 Dec 659,675,056

17 Nov 641,241,135

Total deaths
• World 6,731,304
• USA 1,125,557
• Brazil 695,380
• India 530,726
• Russia 394,438

Source

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-16-2023 03:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The US has been holding steady at about 1.1m since last November. That's promising, considering how many MAGA chuds there are.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-26-2023 11:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.