Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-04-2021 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the healthcare understander speaks...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-07-2021 12:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YGP, the way I see it is not an insecurity for my health. I'm doing the one thing that makes the most sense right now for the health of those I care about. I don't know how I'd feel if it was me who transported death to my kiddo who's immunocompromised, or his last grandparent. Guess I see it like this: not getting vaccinated is a bit like cutting the seatbelts out your car, then telling the wife and kids that you're planning to drive across the nation that "plenty of people die in car accidents who were wearing seatbelts, so who needs one of those, anyway." Just my .02.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 12-07-2021 01:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

US Gov should put out a health mandate for "don't jump off a 50ft cliff", so that all the hurrdurr-gubmint-can't-tell-me-wut-ter-do can take a leap in the full knowledge that they're exercising their freedumbs :olo:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-07-2021 04:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Underpants? wrote:
YGP, the way I see it is not an insecurity for my health. I'm doing the one thing that makes the most sense right now for the health of those I care about. I don't know how I'd feel if it was me who transported death to my kiddo who's immunocompromised, or his last grandparent. Guess I see it like this: not getting vaccinated is a bit like cutting the seatbelts out your car, then telling the wife and kids that you're planning to drive across the nation that "plenty of people die in car accidents who were wearing seatbelts, so who needs one of those, anyway." Just my .02.

This will not appeal to him. My brother who has a similar stance to YGP literally tells an anecdote about how NOT wearing a seatbelt saved his life in a crash he had. SMH...these people are going to die on this anti-mask/anti-vax hill. Literally.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-07-2021 04:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
US Gov should put out a health mandate for "don't jump off a 50ft cliff", so that all the hurrdurr-gubmint-can't-tell-me-wut-ter-do can take a leap in the full knowledge that they're exercising their freedumbs :olo:

People are already consuming poison, horse de-wormers, huffing peroxide, and gargling betadine. The cliff isn't that far of a reach at this point.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-07-2021 02:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q: Is YGP a believer in Q?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-09-2021 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Underpants? wrote:

What everyone keeps conveniently skipping over is the fact that I'm not saying the vaccines don't work. Nor am I saying don't get the vaccine. You should get the vaccine if you want. Get them all. Get them all 15 more times... What I have a problem with is mandating a permanent medical procedures that doesn't provide lasting protection.

For the people comparing Covid and Polio vaccines I ask, how many Polio vaccines did you or your parents get? The effectiveness of Covid vaccines wane over a short period of time. So unless you get a booster every 6 to 8 months you'll carry the same viral load and transmit Covid like any other unvaccinated person.

Just know you're all going to get Covid no matter what. If you want to survive lose some weight, keep your vitamin D and B levels up and develop a workout practice that keeps you active. If you aren't elderly or immunocompromised, that advice will protect you longer than any of these "vaccines".

To all be BlueAnon subscribers that keep calling Ivermectin horse dewormer you should probably know that it's been prescribed over 4 billion times, has almost no adverse reactions, won the Nobel Prize in 2015 and is being used in Japan for treatment of Covid. But don't let any of those facts muddy your confirmation bias.

Enjoy your restrictions and government overreach.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-10-2021 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Just know you're all going to get Covid no matter what. If you want to survive lose some weight, keep your vitamin D and B levels up and develop a workout practice that keeps you active. If you aren't elderly or immunocompromised, that advice will protect you longer than any of these "vaccines".

Morons like you have been stating this since the original Covid-19 strain and haven't once changed your tune. Since Delta, that has been proven untrue. In fact, that's generic medical advice for ANY condition in life. However, when it comes to the virus, it doesn't work like that. Doing "nothing" isn't an option as the longer this remains in the wild, the greater opportunity it has to mutate into something that humanity will regret. Omicron, while it appears to be less severe in symptoms it is ridiculously transmissible and the projections make the Delta transmission rates (compared to chicken pox transmissibility for comparison) look weak.

I wish people like you actually had the courage to stop playing games and say these beliefs are only about YOU and your selfish ways. Trying to stop a pandemic that has claimed 5.2 million lives globally and 800k+ American lives is not an unworthy cause. To say that all 5.2m/800k were fat, old, or immunocompromised is ridiculous, callous, and proves my point.

What you haven't realized yet while clutching your pearls about overreach is that we are in the middle of an viral outbreak and it's crucial we get it to manageable levels so we can minimize it's impact on a global level. As this virus mutates, our ability to get ahead of it diminishes further. Doing nothing is the dumbest Trumpian thing ever recommended.

YourGrandpa wrote:
To all be BlueAnon subscribers that keep calling Ivermectin horse dewormer you should probably know that it's been prescribed over 4 billion times, has almost no adverse reactions, won the Nobel Prize in 2015 and is being used in Japan for treatment of Covid. But don't let any of those facts muddy your confirmation bias.

Enjoy your restrictions and government overreach.

Lol way to skip some facts on Ivermectin. Yes, there is a human grade for this. Yes, it was used in India when they had a massive Delta wave as they were desperate to save lives due to vaccine unavailability.

Facts: People did take horse de-wormer grade Ivermectin. The company itself said that Ivermectin wasn't effective at treating Covid-19.

Merck Statement on Ivermectin use During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-10-2021 06:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
For the people comparing Covid and Polio vaccines I ask, how many Polio vaccines did you or your parents get? The effectiveness of Covid vaccines wane over a short period of time. So unless you get a booster every 6 to 8 months you'll carry the same viral load and transmit Covid like any other unvaccinated person.

Talk about people conveniently skipping over facts.... Nobody is claiming that there will be permanent mandates for the rest of all time. The point of the mandates is to alleviate stress on the medical system. :dork:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-11-2021 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"BlueAnon"

translation: "no u" :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-15-2021 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://ground.news/article/wuhan-lab-l ... d-mps-told

Quote:
China 'could have engineered Covid' and Wuhan lab leak 'likely origin'

wellllllllll now...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-15-2021 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The evidence mountaing against a natural origin has been trickling out slowly over the last two years. It's barely been getting any national media coverage. Largely, I would posit, because of the polarized media not wanting to admit they may be wrong and giving a 'win' to the other side. It's so fucking stupid how journalism has become a casualty to the ongoing political divide in the States.

It didn't help that it started with Drumpf's offhand comments about China engineering shit. Practically in the same breath as when he suggested injecting bleach into people. For a while I resisted the idea that there was a conspiracy on those grounds alone. I thought it was waaaaaay less likely than I should have.

I guess I shouldn't have trusted the Lancet, despite how well-respected they are. They were the ones who published an article quoting a doctor who called the lab leak hypothesis a conspiracy, but it turns out his NGO had ties to the Wuhan Institute and it was only disclosed a year later or something. It was only when Fauci got self-righteous and started lieing about gain-of-function research that I started really second-guessing things. Now I'm firmly on the fence. :paranoid:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 05:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For the sake of argument, so what if it was manufactured? It doesn't change the fact that it shows how incompetent and ineffective a lot of modern governments are at dealing with a 100-year pandemic.

The way I see it is that the China manufacturing the virus is a government issue. However, the fact that we are unable to work together as a country and are divided more than ever with the government unable to govern led to this perfect situation we are currently in. It's insane we have people out there still equating this thing to the flu despite still being in the pandemic that someone has collectively been decided by society that it's over or should just be accepted. This is pure insanity.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 05:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
However, the fact that we are unable to work together as a country and are divided more than ever with the government unable to govern led to this perfect situation we are currently in.

When looking at it like that, it is a bit distressing to think that bio-terrorism doesn't need to be about a killer virus that wipes out a 3rd of the Earth's population within three months. It's enough to deploy a biological agent that's just disruptive enough to cause situations like these.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do people still believe there's some kind of good/evil dichotomy between China and US? The US were secretly funding the Wuhan lab and Fauci was directly involved. He vehemently denied it until the money trail got established, then he claimed "ok ok we did fund it but it wasn't for gain of function studies."

Somehow China=bad America=good even though they enjoy working together to fuck the rest of the world. The global brain rot is real.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, if China could get rid of Xi as easily as America got rid of Trump...

they're not actually the same

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did we really "get rid of Trump"? The coup is still ongoing and there has been no accountability. 2022 will tell you the future of America (elections).

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
well, if China could get rid of Xi as easily as America got rid of Trump...

they're not actually the same

And what changed after Trump left? Biden has continued and in most cases ramped up every single one of his policies. Illegal sanctions, more oil drilling, propping up coups in Central and South America, pushing war between Ukraine and Russia, no healthcare, etc. Sounds like America is just as undemocratic since it makes literally no difference who's "in charge".

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Both countries are capitalist oligarchies.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Near 2 weeks pass...

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases:

17 Dec 273,166,659

4 Dec 264,913,473

Total deaths
• World 5,351,768
• USA 824,275
• Brazil 617,395
• India 476,478
• Mexico 297,187

Source

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Both countries are capitalist oligarchies.

:up:

In China, the government is embedded in corporations. In America, corporations are embedded in the government. Same shit, different assholes.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-17-2021 01:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in that case, better not let the acronym people see this thread or you'll be disappeared for a while and the next time we see you it'll be on TV and you'll be telling us everything is fine and you're being well taken care of while spelling out F E M A C A M P in morse code by blinking your eyes :)

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-17-2021 04:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Near 2 weeks pass...

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases:

17 Dec 273,166,659

4 Dec 264,913,473

Total deaths
• World 5,351,768
• USA 824,275
• Brazil 617,395
• India 476,478
• Mexico 297,187

Source

AMERICA'S NUMBER ONE! AMERICA'S NUMBER ONE!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-18-2021 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On the local front here, we threw open our state and international boarders last Monday and now we are back in masks (in the humid/tropical weather) with some access restrictions e.g.you need carry proof of 'double vacations' before enter public access sites like club/pubs/sporting events, cinemas etc.

What restrictions are about if any your way?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2021 12:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Starting today everything's been closed again over here. Full lock down. All schools, non-essential shops, sports facilities, cinemas/theaters/museums, everything. Essential shops like grocery stores close down at 8pm.
We're back at square 1.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-19-2021 09:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That’s shit. It’s coming here in the UK soon.

I’m in two minds about if it’s a overreaction or for the best as all the data is saying omicron isn’t going to be a problem.

The problem we have is 10% of the NHS are already off ill.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2021 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We've been a bit slow with our booster campaign. This is partly a "just in case" lockdown and partly a method to buy time to get everyone boostered.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 12-20-2021 03:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye it's not so much that the strain is particularly bad, it's the idea again that if the health services get overwhelmed with the sheer volume of people, then what would be a minor covid case (with some medical intervention) could end up being more serious when you can't get medical intervention.

Not to mention every other non-covid related medical issue becomes problematic when there's no space or staff to sort them out

edit: got my booster the other day (on top of x2 vacc), very slick operation at one of our local community halls. So far nothing but an achey arm.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-20-2021 05:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
On the local front here, we threw open our state and international boarders last Monday and now we are back in masks (in the humid/tropical weather) with some access restrictions e.g.you need carry proof of 'double vacations' before enter public access sites like club/pubs/sporting events, cinemas etc.

What restrictions are about if any your way?

I'm in Florida. There is no pandemic based on what can be witnessed.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 12-20-2021 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally getting my booster tomorrow, excited for the power up.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-20-2021 03:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

booster booked for December 27th - hoping it doesn't smash me for 6 like it has a few friend

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-20-2021 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Finally getting my booster tomorrow, excited for the power up.

buffs include +5 arm ache, +10 3AM shakes, -2 mood

wears off tho

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-20-2021 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Booster booked for 4 Jan :)

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-21-2021 03:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good news!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-21-2021 11:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If USA is doing anything right, it’s the availability of vaccines. I didn’t have to schedule my booster. I just walked into the pharmacy and got the shot…

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.