Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-14-2021 04:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, owned by geoff :smirk:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-15-2021 01:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
I know a 37yo who died two weeks after getting it. Not over weight, cyclist, no health issues. It dismantled him.

The wife of a mate of mine has had a friend just die because of the Rona. 40, no health issues.

Scary shit.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-15-2021 01:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Κracus wrote:
The best ones are COVID deniers that get it and then do a complete 360 on their point of view.

It's a 180 moron...a 360 would be back to the original position...

Ouch

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-19-2021 02:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A week passes so quickly.....

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases:

6 Jan 86,868,467

13 Jan 92,022,543

20 Jan 96,549,989

Total deaths
• World 2,063,128
• USA 410,961
• Brazil 211,491
• India 152,747

Source

Stay well & safe :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-20-2021 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So either gramps really died from covid or he's in prison for insurrection... :olo: ...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-21-2021 01:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump's in Florida. gwamps' is in Florida

connect the dots, sheeple :alert:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-22-2021 10:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe we should change Gramp’s icon to the POW/MIA flag...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-23-2021 01:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

with some modifications...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-23-2021 01:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-02-2021 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Two weeks pass.....

13 Jan 92,022,543

20 Jan 96,549,989

3 Feb 104,378,657

Total deaths
• World 2,262,084
• USA 457,856
• Brazil 226,383
• India 154,635

Source

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 02-02-2021 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
So either gramps really died from covid or he's in prison for insurrection... :olo: ...

Possibly dying from covid in prison.

Anyone vaccinated yet? My mom gets her 2nd shot tomorrow because she's old and in Florida.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-03-2021 01:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's interesting how gwamps didn't leave when some people made fun of his dad dying of cancer but making fun of his low-key Trump support was a step too far

a testament to the reality distortion field that was 2016-2020 :dts:

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 02-10-2021 07:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Please stay safe and don't take this shit lightly everyone. I'm not as unlucky as Silicone_Milk in that I don't cough up blood though thankfully, or have muscle pain/eye pain. Recovering alcoholic so I can't even take vitamin C because my iron levels are dangerously through the roof. (My doctor said vitamin c makes your body absorb iron even quicker than normal, i'm 20x iron levels than normal).

I did everything, wear an n95, wash hands after every visit out of the house AND sanitize them with alcohol etc, barely went out, never touched my face before I washed them and I somehow still got COVID, tested positive today.

I think Captain Mazda, Puff and a few others are from the downtown Toronto area and that's where i'm 99% sure I think I got it (I live in Milton but commute to Toronto several times a week), so please be careful guys. This shit is no joke.

Constant shortness of breath, if i laugh my chest feels like it's being stabbed with an ice pick (thanks youtube), absolutely bed ridden. Nausea, headaches, the whole nine. I wouldn't wish this shit on anyone, it's brutal.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-10-2021 08:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn, get well bro...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-11-2021 12:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well shit. Get well soon....

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-11-2021 04:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-11-2021 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
I think Captain Mazda, Puff and a few others are from the downtown Toronto area and that's where i'm 99% sure I think I got it (I live in Milton but commute to Toronto several times a week), so please be careful guys. This shit is no joke.

Constant shortness of breath, if i laugh my chest feels like it's being stabbed with an ice pick (thanks youtube), absolutely bed ridden. Nausea, headaches, the whole nine. I wouldn't wish this shit on anyone, it's brutal.

Damn, hope you recover quickly with no long-term side effects. Were you commuting for work? Public transit?

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 02-11-2021 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Bacon wrote:

Damn, hope you recover quickly with no long-term side effects. Were you commuting for work? Public transit?

Nope. Personal vehicle, I visit someone every weekend and i'm also outside sales and have a lot of customers in the GTA (Conveyor industry so it's "essential" because of food production, automotive etc). She lives in a condo so that might be where I got it too, since those are petri dishes for this kind of thing. It's at Yonge and Esplinade so tons of people around there as well all the time. But she is showing no signs of being sick. Might be asymptomatic so is going to get tested as well. Even when I went in the elevators etc I would use lysol wipes to push the buttons. I tried as hard as I could not to get it and bang, got fucked lol.

Please stay safe. :up:

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 02-11-2021 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Take care of yourself Bacon and get well soon! We know a few people who have had it and were coughing, and one lost taste/smell. We never socialized with them, but I am thinking they may have got it when they traveled to Los Angeles for a time there. We didn't let anyone in our house and went through 3 boxes of disposable gloves, whenever one of us had to leave to go shopping or run some errands. Our friends quarantined in a room in their house. His wife had to leave his food outside his door. Our other friend may have got it from him because they were in contact with each other.
They never went to the hospital, but isn't difficulty breathing a sign to get yourself into the ER?

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 02-11-2021 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dekayd wrote:
Take care of yourself Bacon and get well soon! We know a few people who have had it and were coughing, and one lost taste/smell. We never socialized with them, but I am thinking they may have got it when they traveled to Los Angeles for a time there. We didn't let anyone in our house and went through 3 boxes of disposable gloves, whenever one of us had to leave to go shopping or run some errands. Our friends quarantined in a room in their house. His wife had to leave his food outside his door. Our other friend may have got it from him because they were in contact with each other.
They never went to the hospital, but isn't difficulty breathing a sign to get yourself into the ER?

It's very dull if i'm laying down, only when i'm walking around say to go to the bathroom or get a glass of water it gets bad. I'd rather just stay home unless it gets to the point where if i'm laying in bed and have shortness of breath.

Thanks for the well wishes as well everyone. :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-11-2021 03:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Recovery well buddy

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-11-2021 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dekayd wrote:
.............. isn't difficulty breathing a sign to get yourself into the ER?

You have attended a hospital or ER I trust.

Transient wrote:

Get well Bacon.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-12-2021 01:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
Nope. Personal vehicle, I visit someone every weekend and i'm also outside sales and have a lot of customers in the GTA (Conveyor industry so it's "essential" because of food production, automotive etc). She lives in a condo so that might be where I got it too, since those are petri dishes for this kind of thing. It's at Yonge and Esplinade so tons of people around there as well all the time. But she is showing no signs of being sick. Might be asymptomatic so is going to get tested as well. Even when I went in the elevators etc I would use lysol wipes to push the buttons. I tried as hard as I could not to get it and bang, got fucked lol.

yikes. that sucks bro, especially since you took so many precautions

the only time i'm in an enclosed space with strangers is grocery shopping, but now i'm wondering if even that's way too risky, especially here in UK

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-12-2021 04:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
Please stay safe and don't take this shit lightly everyone. I'm not as unlucky as Silicone_Milk in that I don't cough up blood though thankfully, or have muscle pain/eye pain. Recovering alcoholic so I can't even take vitamin C because my iron levels are dangerously through the roof. (My doctor said vitamin c makes your body absorb iron even quicker than normal, i'm 20x iron levels than normal).

I did everything, wear an n95, wash hands after every visit out of the house AND sanitize them with alcohol etc, barely went out, never touched my face before I washed them and I somehow still got COVID, tested positive today.

Oooohhh, so that's the nerve I hit earlier.
Well, anyways, despite your recent cuntishness, I hope you're doing well and recover from this soon.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 02-12-2021 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Bacon wrote:

Oooohhh, so that's the nerve I hit earlier.
Well, anyways, despite your recent cuntishness, I hope you're doing well and recover from this soon.

I was only referring to what you were saying on I believe page 6 of this thread about older people vs younger people being "saved". I had said it before I even knew I was positive. Let's just forget about it for now I don't have the mental energy to argue lol. Regardless anyways, I appreciate the well wishes, thank you Eraser. Stay safe as well, hope you or anyone in your family doesn't get sick. :up:

seremtan wrote:
Bacon wrote:

yikes. that sucks bro, especially since you took so many precautions

the only time i'm in an enclosed space with strangers is grocery shopping, but now i'm wondering if even that's way too risky, especially here in UK

I think I was an asshole once to you too regarding something to do with your old age or something so I apologize, I guess it takes a life threatening illness to realize it for some morons like me trying to be funny and edgy.

You're right about the precautions, I did anything and everything I could to not "get it" and still happened. The only extra measure I could have taken with how anal I was about it would be to wear a hazmat suit or just not leave the house period. Having groceries delivered costs a bit extra but it might be worth it at this point. I guess the delivery person could spread it to you as well by some chance so i'm not sure other than wiping every single thing you buy off with wipes how you could prevent it 100%. Still better than going to grocery stores though as they are basically a sardine can but with people lol.

Not sure whats going on in the UK but Canada has been limiting hours of stores to less hours basically making more people cram in the same space at once. Makes no sense and it's very careless.

Anyways, be careful and hoping you and everyone here as well stay healthy! :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-12-2021 11:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stay the fuck out of New Brunswick.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-15-2021 05:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Note Mexico makes the table as another two weeks pass

20 Jan 96,549,989

3 Feb 104,378,657

16 Feb 109,670,473

Total deaths
• World 2,418,250
• USA 498,203
• Brazil 239,895
• Mexico 174,207
• India 155,840

Source

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-16-2021 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
I think I was an asshole once to you too regarding something to do with your old age or something so I apologize

yeah but i let it slide for the memes and also i'm not even that old :dts:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-16-2021 02:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You are weird though.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-18-2021 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sir M Tank: Meme Lord Extraordinaire

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-21-2021 10:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

US now vaccinating more people in one day than Canada has total...

https://www.cp24.com/news/usa-now-vacci ... -1.5317891

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-21-2021 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's what happens when you buy up all the supply available. GL to the people in Zambia, you'll need it. :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-21-2021 04:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

Looks like the majority of Americans (who want the vaccine) will have a shot by the end of April...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-21-2021 04:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Australian authorities did the first 100 vaccinations for the nation yesterday on the Gold Coast. Why just the 100, anybody's guess. Personally I think I'll 'get the jab' nearer September.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-21-2021 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
:up:

Looks like the majority of Americans (who want the vaccine) will have a shot by the end of April...

That soon? Wow, I was thinking I'd have to wait until late May/early June to get the first shot.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.