Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-08-2021 08:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dutch government are being morons again.

Finally the vaccinations are getting up to speed and we're seeing a significant drop in hospitalization. This has been enough reason for our cloggo overlords to just drop pretty much every Covid measure we've taken. Facemasks aren't madatory anymore, anywhere.

Bars, restaurants, clubs and large events can open again, although visitors need to show a negative PCR test result or show that they've been fully vaccinated. Two problems: first, there's been fraud with negative PCR tests and there's no 2 week grace period requirement after vaccination. So there's been a run on Johnson shots because you only need one. Many people in their teens and twenties went out to get a Johnson shot in the afternoon so they could booze up and party in the evening.

There have been multiple big outbreaks of corona among young people, like this case where a club allowed 800 visitors to enter, of whom nearly 200 turned out to be infected with Covid at that party. We're currently at over 5000 new corona cases each day while we were at like 10% of that less than two weeks ago, when the measures were still in place.

Right now, the gov't is panicking and has asked our Outbreak Management Team for advice. However, they keep emphasizing that hospitalization numbers aren't rising so they are only considering the necessity of reinstating some measures. In the meantime, other countries are thinking of labelling the Netherlands as a red country which will mean massive cancellations of holidays people have booked.

It's turning into one big clusterfuck and it's incredibly frustrating.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-08-2021 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Many people in their teens and twenties went out to get a Johnson shot in the afternoon so they could booze up and party in the evening.

This is not how vaccines work, how are people that stupid? Is it a lack of education or do they just selfishly not give a neuken? :dork:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-08-2021 10:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The latter I'm afraid. But honestly, it's the government that's to blame. If they say it's ok then why should we expect party deprived adolescents and young adults to hold back?

Today there's going to be a press conference by our minister of health and, I assume, our prime minister about whether or not measures will be reinstated. Trouble is, now that people have gotten a whiff of their newfound freedoms, how willing are they to give it up again?

What also worries me is that our minister of health has repeatedly said that hospitalizations have gone down and he literally said that he's not sure if we should close bars and clubs just so that people can go on holiday abroad. It's just such a shortsighted dumbfuck statement which really pissed me off. Not in the least because the increased infection rates have more consequences than other countries blocking dutch tourists.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-08-2021 11:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plus, not everyone can get a vaccine. Immune compromised Dutchies, you're on your own! :shrug:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-09-2021 04:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Quote:
Many people in their teens and twenties went out to get a Johnson shot in the afternoon so they could booze up and party in the evening.

This is not how vaccines work, how are people that stupid? Is it a lack of education or do they just selfishly not give a neuken? :dork:

I'd argue that lack of education mixed with being totally catered to as a child (prince/princess treatment) created this monster. Think about how many kids that we know were raised like this who are now adults voting based on their idea of how the world works. The one they've been truly sheltered from.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-09-2021 07:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Delta is starting to run rampant around here. The non-vaccer dummies thought it was over, but they’re in for a rude awakening…

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-09-2021 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Helicopter parenting coming back to bite us all in the ass.... :miffed:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-09-2021 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Delta is starting to run rampant around here. The non-vaccer dummies thought it was over, but they’re in for a rude awakening…

Vaccinated people are also susceptible to getting the Delta variant. Just read about a vaccinated family where only one young child wasn’t vaccinated (due to age), got sick, and then the remaining vaccinated family members also go sick.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-09-2021 11:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, but over 99% of all deaths are unvaccinated people…

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 54f5d5e187

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-09-2021 11:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol i hope they all die...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-09-2021 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Yes, but over 99% of all deaths are unvaccinated people…

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 54f5d5e187

Interesting read :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-10-2021 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Two weeks pass .....

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases:

8 Jun 174,294,441

27 Jun 181,559,092

11 Jul 187,263,125

Total deaths
• World 4,042,632
• USA 622,821
• Brazil 532,949
• India 408,072
• Mexico 234,907

Source

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-11-2021 01:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Lol i hope they all die...

they'll meet your missing testicle in heaven

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-11-2021 09:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Quote:

It's even worse, there was an actual campaign to get the youngsters vaccinated; get a Johnson shot and get access to the clubs. That's gonna be lit, fellow kids!

Oh 10k infections in a day? Wonder what happened. OMT pls help.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-12-2021 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can understand the teens and twens around the globe.
They have to be like as horny as it gets.
Yes, honestly.
They need discos, evening encounters, social life and they need to get laid.
Despite boring communications on Zoom or whatever.

What I do not understand in the slightest is the UK's gouvernment's decision to declare "everything is fine now".
What?!
25K new infections per day on Delta is fine? 60k in the stadium on the EC-final?
Let us wait 5 or 6 weeks to see if that really was such a good decision.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-12-2021 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is sexting not enough for kids these days?

*shakes cane*

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-24-2021 09:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another two weeks pass & so quickly...

27 Jun 181,559,092

11 Jul 187,263,125

25 Jul 194,413,949

Total deaths
• World 4,168,511
• USA 626,713
• Brazil 549,500
• India 420,585
• Mexico 238,316

Source

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-24-2021 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

India is catching up pretty quick....

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-26-2021 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Dutch government are being morons again.

Finally the vaccinations are getting up to speed and we're seeing a significant drop in hospitalization. This has been enough reason for our cloggo overlords to just drop pretty much every Covid measure we've taken. Facemasks aren't madatory anymore, anywhere.

Bars, restaurants, clubs and large events can open again...

is your PM's name by any chance Boris van Joonson? this is exactly the same as what's happening here

i've gone on with mask-wearing but then sometimes i'll forget - and then forget to wash/sanitise my hands afterwards and only realise in the middle of eating something with my hands :alert:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-26-2021 08:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cases drop for the 5th day in a row in the uk….

Is this the lag from the euros?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-26-2021 02:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People deleting the app and not getting tested is my guess

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-26-2021 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No new local cases in my home state of Queensland but New South Wales reports 172 new COVID-19 cases, 60 in community while infectious!!
They are a different breed south of the boarder :smirk: Oh, and the Victorian lockdown is to end at midnight even though there were 10 new local cases.

My relative in the UK says everything is basically open again.... No masks (maybe).

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-27-2021 03:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-28-2021 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In line with the Olympics... Watch this space :!:

Quote:
In the shadow of the Tokyo Olympics, COVID-19 infections are increasing to records never before seen in the Japanese capital, and doctors are fearing the collapse of the medical system......

.....Yesterday was another record-breaking day of infections: 3,177 new cases in the capital city alone....

....Across the city, more than 3,400 people are currently waiting to get into hospitals for treatment, but there are not enough beds. .......

Source - ABC News AU

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-28-2021 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People have been protesting in Tokyo for ages now, afraid of this very thing.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-01-2021 07:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On the local front...

Quote:
Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young says 10 of today's 13 new community cases are children aged under 10 as NSW records its 15th death from the latest coronavirus outbreak.

This is a bit of a worry here as kids haven't been wearing masks since day 1 and it is not mandatory they do wear them.

ABC NEWS AU

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-07-2021 01:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I've been a little pissed off about one thing recently. Two and a half months back I booked my holiday to France. At that time, things were looking very good for the Netherlands. However, due to complete mismanagement by our government infection numbers shot up and additional measures were taken.

One of those measures was announced right before I left to France and that was that upon return to the Netherlands, I need to be fully vaccinated for at least two weeks or show a negative COVID test result no older than 24 hours before I can enter the country.

I will return home on Monday, at which point I'll be fully vaccinated for 13 days (by the time I cross the border I'll be about 6 hours short of 2 weeks) so I need a negative test. Turns out the testing facilities close by are closed on Sunday, so I'd need to drive for almost an hour to get to the second-nearest testing station (assuming they have a slot available for me).

The alternative is that I don't get a test and run the risk of getting a €95 fine before I can enter The Netherlands. You might guess, by now I've decided to take the risk and just piss away €95 if push comes to shove. I'll test at home and quarantine if the test turns out positive.

But the thing is that I absolutely don't understand how anyone would seriously expect this to work. Assuming I did get a test and it turns out positive, I can either quarantine in France for at least 10 days (which would cost me and my family hundreds of euros, assuming I can find a campsite or hotel with space and have my entire family quarantined there) or I could just ignore the result and head home anyway. I think I know which option most (if not all) people choose.

Now €95 isn't much of a big deal for me (especially considering a test costs €30 to €50 anyway) but there are countries that have similar rulings but with fines in the 1000s of euros. What kind of malarkey is that? I mean, people could just as well test and quarantine in the comfort of their home. I think people would be much more willing to do that than quarantine in a 6x6m hotel room. This way they're kind of asking people to be fraudulent with it. Not to mention that a fine running into the thousands of Euros could potentially financially ruin someone, all just because they couldn't test or quarantine abroad.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-07-2021 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hear and understand your frustration.

Here on the coronavirus/vaccine front we have been in lock-down just 8 days and fingers crossed, this looks to be lifted this afternoon. We have been more fortunate than other countries in many respects as here, this is just 3rd 'lock-down' since the start. these have been, at the most 2 weeks. Our southern states New South Wales & Victoria have been doing it much harder. When they can, they escape here :)

Hopefully our lock-down if lifted as depart on my sailing adventure Thursday/Friday :D

EDIT: Our local area lock-down lifted :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-07-2021 06:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
So I've been a little pissed off about one thing recently.

This is what's causing the spikes in cases in red States in the USA. Our government was terrified of the prospect of vaccine passports, or in any general way angering entitled white conservatives, so they appeased them by making everything honor-based. Which of course everyone is taking advantage of. Not to mention all the people filling out fake vaccine cards.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-07-2021 11:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you saying I'm an entitled white conservative? >:E

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-07-2021 11:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
EDIT: Our local area lock-down lifted :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-08-2021 02:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Are you saying I'm an entitled white conservative? >:E

No, just saying our governments have something in common. I can't blame you for being a little resentful, considering how many governments have fumbled their pandemic responses. :shrug:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-09-2021 01:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm getting even more resentful when I hear our prime minister literally say that we don't need to get ahead of ourselves because we should still be able to barbeque once in a while. Ironic how the article also mentions he gave Tata Steel as an example. There has been a recent report on how the Tata Steel plant in IJmuiden has been incredibly polluting and has been causing illness in people living near the plant. Earlier reports about Tata Steel's role in this have been redacted by government health officials to keep the blame away from Tata Steel. It's incredibly frustrating.

I want to punch Rutte in the face.

Oh, by the way, I crossed the Dutch border without being tested and without seeing any sort of border checks at all. Did a self-test (antigen test) when I got home and it was negative.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-10-2021 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Two weeks and a couple of days pass

11 Jul 187,263,125

25 Jul 194,413,949

11 Aug 204,776,810

Total deaths
• World 4,326,877
• USA 634,662
• Brazil 564,890
• India 429,183
• Mexico 245,476

Source

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-13-2021 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
nature keepin' the balance :olo:

True that! Thank god I am fine. I was infected by covid and was in pretty bad condition but I found a doctor through one of the Online doctor consultation app and he helped me a lot to get recovered. The app is known as humwell.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.