Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-20-2021 05:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
*sigh* Good ole US of A, still the leader of the pack, just goes to show we can still be number 1 in something!

Come on Lars, the US has been #1 in many categories, such as: most obesity, highest military spending, highest OECD childhood mortality, number of people who believe in angels, number of flat-earthers, bombing other countries, invading other countries, overthrowing the governments of other countries, bringing back the diseases that vaccines had saved us from, shitty cars, being proud for no reason, most expensive healthcare, worst infrastructure, most indebted nation, highest divorce rates, most incarcerated citizens, highest student loan debt, most foreign military bases, and most violent crimes and rapes, just to name a few! :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-20-2021 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Time to check up where we're at :tear: and to see some 10 million new cases in a month!

Cases worldwide

19 September 30,697,734

28 September 33,297,042

10 October 37,121,450

19 October 40,264,219

Total deaths
• World 1,118,167
• USA 224,730
• Brazil 153,905
• India 114,642

Source #1 Source #2

Just a year ago....

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-20-2021 12:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even Auschwitz didn't kill that many!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-20-2021 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1m new cases and 3.5k deaths in the UK in the last 28 days, but the wankstains still want us back in the office :dork:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-21-2021 12:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
1m new cases and 3.5k deaths in the UK in the last 28 days, but the wankstains still want us back in the office :dork:

Yup :disgust:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-21-2021 03:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got my Moderna booster shot scheduled for November 2nd.

Last edited by raw on 11-03-2021 02:55 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-02-2021 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2 weeks pass....

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases:

21 Sep 229,817,782

7 Oct 236,912,896

3 Nov 248,149,548

Total deaths
• World 5,025,815
• USA 767,867
• Brazil 607,954
• India 458,470
• Mexico 288,464

Source

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-02-2021 01:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So the latest news from my country is that our hospitals are filling up again. Our gov't has been scrapping measures the last months (over the summer mostly) so even our 1.5m distancing and facemask measures were scrapped. In the summer people were getting vaccinated, infection rates dropped sharply and hospitals were emptying. We saw the same thing last year as well, but back then infection rates started climbing in the fall as well.

Now the big ethical problem that's cropping up is this: millions of people (85% of the >12yo population) have been fully vaccinated. Of all people admitted into the hospital, only 13% are fully vaccinated people. So if measures are reintroduced again and those hit vaccinated people as much as non-vaccinated people (like closing bars, restaurants, clubs, sport facilities and gyms, etc) is that still fair towards those who are vaccinated? A reputable Dutch newspaper has found that 70% of vaccinated people find it increasingly hard to simply accept restrictive measures because less than 15% of our (above 12yo) population are causing this.
Others are arguing that you can't divide the population into vaxxers and non-vaxxers and strip away freedoms and rights from the latter group. That'd be discriminatory.

Today some measures were reintroduced, like face masks in public places and 1.5m distancing and the prime minister strongly advising people to work from home again. All things I have no problem with. But I am going to be pissed off too if shops are going to be closed again because of stubborn anti-vaxxers.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind them dropping all measures again and simply saying that if you're not vaccinated (without valid medical reason) and you need a hospital bed, you're straight out of luck if a certain corona patient quota has been reached. Keeps the hospitals free and the country open.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-02-2021 03:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think it's fair to punish ignorant, low-information citizens who were duped by opportunists and nutbags online. Especially when they have valid (but unrelated) reasons not to trust their government. So, so many senior citizens treat Facebook news feeds as gospel without realizing just how much BS there is on the interwebs. As fucking annoying as it is, I'm OK with the lockdowns again if it saves these morons from themselves. Even if they think I'm some part of a pedo conspiracy and they want me dead.

But I also won't shed a tear when they make a mea culpa from their death bed, gasping for air with tubes shoved up their nose.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-03-2021 02:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got my third shot and mixed it up this time by getting Moderna (2x Pfizer and 1 x Moderna).

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-03-2021 03:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
So the latest news from my country is that our hospitals are filling up again. Our gov't has been scrapping measures the last months (over the summer mostly) so even our 1.5m distancing and facemask measures were scrapped. In the summer people were getting vaccinated, infection rates dropped sharply and hospitals were emptying. We saw the same thing last year as well, but back then infection rates started climbing in the fall as well.

Now the big ethical problem that's cropping up is this: millions of people (85% of the >12yo population) have been fully vaccinated. Of all people admitted into the hospital, only 13% are fully vaccinated people. So if measures are reintroduced again and those hit vaccinated people as much as non-vaccinated people (like closing bars, restaurants, clubs, sport facilities and gyms, etc) is that still fair towards those who are vaccinated? A reputable Dutch newspaper has found that 70% of vaccinated people find it increasingly hard to simply accept restrictive measures because less than 15% of our (above 12yo) population are causing this.
Others are arguing that you can't divide the population into vaxxers and non-vaxxers and strip away freedoms and rights from the latter group. That'd be discriminatory.

Today some measures were reintroduced, like face masks in public places and 1.5m distancing and the prime minister strongly advising people to work from home again. All things I have no problem with. But I am going to be pissed off too if shops are going to be closed again because of stubborn anti-vaxxers.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind them dropping all measures again and simply saying that if you're not vaccinated (without valid medical reason) and you need a hospital bed, you're straight out of luck if a certain corona patient quota has been reached. Keeps the hospitals free and the country open.

Ethically, I'm conflicted but personally I'm with you. Why should the majority who wasn't a total selfish narcist be subject to anything anymore? The people who refuse at this point I am convinced will never get the shot and should be responsible for any collateral damage they cause to others by their total lack of care for their fellow human. I'm over it!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-03-2021 04:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Ethically, I'm conflicted but personally I'm with you. Why should the majority who wasn't a total selfish narcist be subject to anything anymore? The people who refuse at this point I am convinced will never get the shot and should be responsible for any collateral damage they cause to others by their total lack of care for their fellow human. I'm over it!

This - society can't stop because of the selfish minority

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-03-2021 06:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Over 5 million dead now too

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-03-2021 10:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

meanwhile in the UK the pandemic is over not over :dork:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-03-2021 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
raw wrote:

This - society can't stop because of the selfish minority

Hear, hear. I'm with you on this. These minorities are just a nuisance >:( simply selfish ratbags IMHO. /off soapbox

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-03-2021 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then..... There, but for the grace of (a) God go I.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-04-2021 11:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
These minorities are just a nuisance

finally someone said it

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-05-2021 12:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-05-2021 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-05-2021 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The needs of the many should logically outweigh the needs of the few :smirk:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 01:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That will probably spell the end of Covid-19's danger in the developed world. Still sucks to be Cambodia, though.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 10:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You think current anti-vaxxers will take a pill instead? I doubt it.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If we called them freedom pills and tell them it was pro-covid19 they might.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
You think current anti-vaxxers will take a pill instead? I doubt it.

Not as a prophylactic, but when they go to the hospital with the sniffles they might take a free pill if they think the alternative is a cocktail of injections that will cost $5k. But I won't shed a tear either way. Really I'm just happy that people with compromised immune systems finally have an alternative way to stay safe from these fucking morons.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-09-2021 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
If we called them freedom pills and tell them it was pro-covid19 they might.

tell that Trump takes them anally as a suppository and stand back and watch the hilarity ensue

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-09-2021 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's like an ARG with nobody at the helm. :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-16-2021 11:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guessed correctly.. Another 2 weeks pass....

On a local (Queensland, Australia) note, it is now not mandatory to wear masks in public and that's nice with our long hot Summer on the way.

On another note local, our southern state boarder with New South Wales is expected to open December 17.. Watch this space..

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases:

7 Oct 236,912,896

3 Nov 248,149,548

17 Nov 255,141,123

Total deaths
• World 5,130,689
• USA 786,268
• Brazil 611,524
• India 464,153
• Mexico 291,241

Source

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-18-2021 08:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey are you protesting the authoritarian policies?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-18-2021 09:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gwamps lives in a third-world shithole banana republic lol

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-19-2021 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My son got sick last Tuesday. Got a fever and everything. Kept him home from school Wednesday, but he pretty much recovered entirely. Fever gone and he felt pretty much alright again. So yesterday we thought we'd send him back to school, but not before doing an antigen self-test. Turns out it's positive. Just to be sure, did self-tests on all five members in the family, only my son and my eldest daughter came back positive.

With the number of corona cases in our country exploding, there's a massive demand for PCR tests right now, so getting an appointment to get tested is very difficult. Online is just no go at all and calling the coronatest appointment number results in a recorded message telling you they have no lines available. I did manage to get through at some point and make an appointment for us to get tested, but earliest available time was Saturday late in the afternoon.

So now we're all in quarantine basically. At least until Sunday. No big worries, but it does suck a little.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-19-2021 02:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not sure how Aus fucked up so badly that they need this dictatorial bullshit this late in the day, two years after the coof first appeared :dork:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-19-2021 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dictatorial bullshit & authoritarian policies?

I must be deaf and even though I live here, must be walking around with eyes closed. I have managed to set aside my personal sense of entitlement for the greater good and it's time for others to join the growing majority, not time to standby the rabble rouses.

Only yesterday a young woman said to me when I asked "How's your day been?" that she had been sacked/dismissed from her employment. I asked why and her reply was that she wasn't having the 'jab'. Go figure!

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-19-2021 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good on you Whiskey. People like gwamps aren't capable of looking beyond their own existence and it stems from the sad and miserable upbringing their parents gave them. He thinks everyone should sacrifice for the "greater good" until it's his turn, then he loses his mind and starts frothing at the mouth like the little snarling shitpuppy he is.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 11-19-2021 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Good on you Whiskey.

:up:

I don't understand the personal entitlement craziness either... a LOT of sociopathic tendencies have been properly exposed (worldwide) during the last couple of years, and it makes me feel pretty lucky that none of my family or friends have been part of that!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.