Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 11:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Look at all these holiday makers.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 11:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some people very close to me died because of covid 19. I get criticism for explaining how harmful the retard in command is but he said it was a hoax and it was just a common flu a whole fucking month after I started trying to warn my friends, family, even people I didn't like at all just because I didn't want them to fucking die or kill their grandma by accident.

This thing is deadly serious, and lots of people are dying needlessly because of it.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 12:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
You do realize that the majority of those people aren't even from Florida.

Not the point. Florida should close public places like their beaches if something like this happens.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 12:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty tough seeing this

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 01:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We have closed the beaches in Australia.

I watched a 60 Minutes special last night as it pushed home the message(s) here at least but let's face it, some people just don't hear :smirk: and your pictures of those beaches, holiday makers in Florida confirm. Your video above Eraser was on our 60 Minutes.

I'd like to think we are lucky here, then no one on the entire planet is lucky are we?

Ganemi wrote:
Some people very close to me died because of covid 19. .....

Sympathy your way Ganemi. The needless death of loved ones is a bitter pill. Seems too late for passing the buck or the blame game as it will be all about survival.

Edit: Smelling :)

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 03-29-2020 04:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's an OT item from the recent News of the Weird.

Quote:
Lesson Learned

Taiwan has strictly cracked down on its citizens during the COVID-19 pandemic, using GPS on phones to monitor the movement of those in quarantine. One man got a particularly costly lesson when he violated the quarantine to go clubbing, AFP reported. The unnamed man, who was required to self-quarantine for 14 days after returning from Southeast Asia, was charged $1 million Taiwanese (about $33,000 US) after he was found at a Taipei nightclub on March 22. Authorities deemed his night out "malicious," and the New Taipei mayor, Hou Yu-ih, warned, "I will not be soft-handed." [AFP, 3/23/2020]

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 02:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
You do realize that the majority of those people aren't even from Florida.

Not the point. Florida should close public places like their beaches if something like this happens.

Wow, Gramps is a colossal moron...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Not the point? Yeah, conveniently not the point when it's mostly tourists. :olo:

The governor issued beach closures almost 2 weeks ago, park closures a few days later and boat ramps a few days after that. But there are counties that are not enforcing those closures. There are also thousands of people who are crossing barriers and ignoring warnings, from partying on the beach to driving around road blocks. There are only so many officers available to enforce these restrictions. And it's not like they're going to roll the military on a bunch of people at the beach. We're forced to leave these self quarantining measures up to a bunch of selfish dipshits from all over the world who only care about enjoying their vacation.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

27 Mar 500,000

28 Mar 591,802

29 Mar 659,367

30 Mar 721,584

link

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 05:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Wuhan shrimp seller identified as coronavirus 'patient zero' identified as Wei Guixian, she was selling shrimps at the Huanan Seafood Market when she developed a cold............

........ COVID-19, which has claimed nearly 28,000 lives around the world so far, according to media reports. The coronavirus 'patient zero', who made a full recovery in January after month-long treatment, believes the Chinese government could have checked the spread of the disease had it acted sooner.

Source

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 05:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pillage her antibodies!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 11:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-29-2020 11:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

144k now btw.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 12:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Not the point? Yeah, conveniently not the point when it's mostly tourists. :olo:

Yes it is the point! What good is a governor if he's just being ignored by the counties in his state? Sounds like a huge failing of government right there. And when we're looking at this at the federal level, Jesus Christ, have you seen Trump continually spew his bullshit the past two months? Holy shit mate. To me, it's unfathomable that you'd think American governments, federal, state and local are doing a good job.

What really strikes me as odd is that you're looking at these pictures of Florida beaches and go like "eh, nothing can be done about that" and you shrug a little and then look the other way. Instead you really should be saying that that stuff should be cut out immediately. What's most interesting is that the beaches of the counties that do have their beaches closed actually are empty. So it's fucking bullshit to act like nothing can be done about it.

Now before you're pulling out more what-about-isms about my country, just let me pre-emptively mow that lawn for you by saying that my government isn't doing a perfect job either. I think they're not strict enough and I don't think they communicate clearly enough. But still, they're doing heaps better than the shit I'm seeing in Florida (and other places) right now.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 01:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The KNOW they're doing a good job, because Trump tells them they are doing a good job. A Great Job, the BEST!

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 01:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Now before you're pulling out more what-about-isms about my country, just let me pre-emptively mow that lawn for you by saying that my government isn't doing a perfect job either. I think they're not strict enough and I don't think they communicate clearly enough. But still, they're doing heaps better than the shit I'm seeing in Florida (and other places) right now.

I feel the same way about the UK Eraser, but I've seen from a few USA folk while chatting about this is that there is an immediate defensive reaction when there is no attack in the first place. We can see what's going on, and it's worrying that USA seems to be ignoring any lessons from other countries and even lessons from their own beleaguered states! However pointing this out is seen as the attack.
We're just worried about you fucking twats, same as we're worried about ourselves and the rest of the world. Jesus christ.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 02:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
The KNOW they're doing a good job, because Trump tells them they are doing a good job. A Great Job, the BEST!

A tremendous job. The best jobs.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 05:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Imagine that. China’s numbers are much higher than they’re reporting...

https://www.inquisitr.com/5970405/wuhan ... oll-42000/

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 06:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Something tells me during an epidemic they're not going to test every fatality from natural causes to car crashes for coronavirus if it's easier and safer to enact a cremation-only policy.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or you're being an unpaid shill and they're just lying

it's a tricky one alright :dork:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are they lying? Yeah, probably. Just like your shitsack of a PM who pretends to be ill :olo:

You and your country are really no better but your superiority complex is cute <3

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 09:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some perspective from Florida:

Eraser is right, our governor is shit and we can certainly do a better job than we are doing. Hell, a quarantine-in-place order should have been made a while ago at our major metropolitan cities but instead we did nothing while the rural areas had low or zero numbers. Still puts everyone at risk.

Gramps is also partially correct that there aren't enough resources currently to police the beaches in some of these stretches and the tourists and entitled fucks who aren't worried about anyone but themselves are adding to the stigma of Florida. Realize, the majority of Florida's borders is a BEACH! The only place that isn't a beach is bordering Georgia.

On a side note, i'm still in my office despite the ability to work from home.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 12:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Are they lying? Yeah, probably. Just like your shitsack of a PM who pretends to be ill :olo:

You and your country are really no better but your superiority complex is cute <3

yeah everyone in the UK is actually dead now and there's just me left and I'm filling the hours by going around teabagging the corpses while laughing maniacally

oh, and the jokes on you because Boris Johnson isn't even a real person so how can he be ill?

Got em!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 01:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm seremtan's alt

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 02:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa! That’s a hell of a revelation!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 02:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Yes it is the point! What good is a governor if he's just being ignored by the counties in his state? Sounds like a huge failing of government right there. And when we're looking at this at the federal level, Jesus Christ, have you seen Trump continually spew his bullshit the past two months? Holy shit mate. To me, it's unfathomable that you'd think American governments, federal, state and local are doing a good job.

What really strikes me as odd is that you're looking at these pictures of Florida beaches and go like "eh, nothing can be done about that" and you shrug a little and then look the other way. Instead you really should be saying that that stuff should be cut out immediately. What's most interesting is that the beaches of the counties that do have their beaches closed actually are empty. So it's fucking bullshit to act like nothing can be done about it.

#1 We all know the original point was "look at all these stupid Americans on the beach in Florida". Don't fucking kid yourself or bullshit me.

#2 Where did I say we have handled this pandemic in a great/good way?

#3 I'm not looking at anything like, "eh, blah blah blah bullshit". I simply explained what's happening. All you've done is criticize, without a clue about what's really going on. What's your suggestion for when the state/national government make mandates and the local governments/people don't comply? Like Raw said, Florida has over 1000 miles of coast line and only so many law enforcement officers.

I said the people were dipshits for not following corona virus guidelines. I also believe our government was late to react, as many other governments were. I don't know where you're from, nor does it make a difference. All that matters now is that we're doing everything we can to "blunt the cure". And now, as delayed as it may have been, I think it's happening.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reading mention the lack of resources and I am talking Police: Here they stopped doing roadside breath tests a couple of weeks ago. There's not much drink driving going on in any case I recon...

Locally, I went to the supermarket yesterday for essentials and the car park, normally full, was at about 30% and only the 'essential' shops were open.

....and by the way, the car repair place called as I was about to head off yesterday to say sorry. Some part still had not arrived so another day delay. No real pain as I have a rental (free).

Went for a regular walk this morning about 45 minutes to sunrise. Nice weather and great to see most walkers like me doing the 'social distancing' thing....

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 09:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
#1 We all know the original point was "look at all these stupid Americans on the beach in Florida". Don't fucking kid yourself or bullshit me.
ng.

Well, that still pretty much stands.
And look what a great bjob people are doing socially distancing themselves in NYC. Spoiler: they don't.
And you know what, I believe the attitude of many people is influenced by the messages officials put out there. Trump's recklessness has been an example for a good number of people.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-30-2020 11:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

holy fuck dude let it go :dork: why are you getting your jimjams rustled over what orange man is doing 1,000s of miles away? of course he's fucking up - he's orange man :dts:

meanwhile, i don't see a single post in this thread criticising Sweden - which is strange because you remember how some whiny babies went on about the UK lockdown being maybe a week later than it should have been? turns out the Swedes haven't even locked down at all. nothing's closed, everyone's just going about their business as usual, and the only people in Sweden criticising this policy are the far right. where's the performative outrage, guys? where's the furious text wall? why does Captain Sweden get a pass?

food for thought

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-31-2020 01:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because we haven't got a Swede on this forum acting like nothing's going wrong in their country.

I expected better of you, seremtan. You sound like those people going "why cry about 9/11 when a bazillion African babies die every day".

To be completely honest, I see a lot going wrong, in my country included. I and a lot of other people are frustrated with how lax people are with these quarantine measures. Gramps has maneuvered himself in the position of the virtual embodiment of those people, so he's a very satisfying target to take swings at right now. Besides, it's Gramps. Since when did Q3W need an objective, rational reason to take the piss out of him.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-31-2020 05:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I expected better of you, seremtan. You sound like those people going "why cry about 9/11 when a bazillion African babies die every day".

He's a centrist, an even lower form of life than alt-right babies

At least the biblethumpers pick a side and stick with it

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-31-2020 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Gramps has maneuvered himself in the position of the virtual embodiment of those people, so he's a very satisfying target to take swings at right now. Besides, it's Gramps. Since when did Q3W need an objective, rational reason to take the piss out of him.

My wife and I are working from home. We're only going out (maybe once or twice a week for short periods of time) for essentials. We're practicing social distancing, we've cut off all unnecessary person to person interaction and are keeping our hands/touchable surfaces clean. I'm the embodiment of exactly what everyone should be doing. There's no "rational" reason to take shots at me. You should probably find another target for your frustration and anger. Because I'm not it.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-31-2020 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-31-2020 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
"why cry about 9/11 when a bazillion African babies die every day"

confirmed: i'm now Candace Owens

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-31-2020 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
He's a centrist, an even lower form of life than alt-right babies

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.