Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't need to read your "article" really.
I just have to look at how lockdowns are lifted and COVID-19 spreads and what experts all around the world tell their leaders to do.
Trump has his own vision. Good luck following it.

What do you mean by
"as soon as the election is over we'll be on to something else" ?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah don't bother reading, you might suffer from exposure to an alternate source of information and that'd be terrible.

What did you not understand about that sentence?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 11:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

alternate source of information :olo:

Here's some alternate "facts".

https://www.gzeromedia.com/the-graphic- ... s-eu-vs-us

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 06-30-2020 01:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What, you mean you don't trust a graph edited in the Snipping tool from a "Covid Calculator" that lets you play around with your own numbers???
Maybe you just need an open mind to alternate sources of information..

:tard: :clownboat:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-30-2020 03:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Good thing is the US will be a great baseline to see if your country is doing well in terms of it's covid response. Thanks Trump!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-30-2020 03:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Gramps links to a site where the very first thing you see is this:

"Anyone can publish on Medium per our Policies, but we don’t fact-check every story. For more info about the coronavirus, see cdc.gov."

:olo:

What part of the article are you having problems with? Was it the title? Was it all the charts and graphs? Maybe it was the 50+ sources referenced at the end? Do you not believe the content of the article? If not. What do you believe?

Do you believe when the WHO says there is no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission?
https://www.who.int/csr/don/12-january- ... -china/en/

Do you believe when the WHO says Covid-19 is not a global emergency?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/heal ... gency.html

Do you believe when the US Surgeon General and CDC say masks do not prevent the spread of Covid-19?
https://twitter.com/Surgeon_General/sta ... 00304.html

Or do you believe when the CDC says masks do prevent the spread of Covid-19?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... dance.html

Do you believe when the CDC says Covid-19 spreads easily on surfaces?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/c ... story.html

Or do you believe when the CDC says Covid-19 doesn’t spread easily on surfaces?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... te-states/

Do you believe when the WHO says asymptomatic transmission of Covid-19 is rare?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/health/c ... index.html

Or do you believe when the WHO says asymptomatic transmission of Covid-19 is not rare?
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-scr ... known.html

Do you believe the CDC mixed viral and antibody testing?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/health/c ... index.html

Or do you need a likely biased fact checker to tell you what to believe/partially believe?

This dumb motherfucker doesn’t know how science works. The experts/scientists gather current data and draw conclusions by that set of data. They're then able to give their best guidance using the most current data. Once new data comes in, different conclusions can and will be made. They’ll then have to adjust their guidance to suit the new data. This is a flowing crisis. Not some decades long pandemic like HIV where you can give concrete advice.

I feel like I shouldn’t have to explain this to a 50 year old man. But he’ll never see it, cause he blocks my posts. It’s an honor really. Gotten to...:olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-30-2020 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Blocking posts is a sure sign of being a bad person who can't deal with reality... Lol...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-30-2020 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or he's just a blockhead :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-30-2020 10:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-30-2020 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Did you see this?

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-30-2020 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
What, you mean you don't trust a graph edited in the Snipping tool from a "Covid Calculator" that lets you play around with your own numbers???
Maybe you just need an open mind to alternate sources of information.. :tard: :clownboat:

Or maybe you simply read the article and check some of the sources. :tard:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 12:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wishful thinking:

vesp wrote:

reality:

src: ny times

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 12:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

Did you see this?

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Err, there’s a lag in deaths from new cases...

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 01:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
vesp wrote:
Maybe you just need an open mind to alternate sources of information.. :tard: :clownboat:

Or maybe you simply read the article and check some of the sources. :tard:

it's not an article Gramps, it's a poorly stitched together collection of graphs and bad sources. Jesus christ.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

everything is fine guys.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 07:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hehehe.....I’m in danger...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Fuck off.

Edit: they make like 9€/hour here. No, definitely not. I have been working as an audio/video/lighting- technician for the last 20 years without apprenticeship. That's what I'm thinking about.

Good luck then. I have NFI of your circumstances and I didn't mean to offend but thought it is (I suspect) easy and sometimes tax free income.

People will seemingly always need a haircut.

I was at our local barber the other day and had to wait for two before me. They were in the chair for look, maybe 10 minutes for $20ea. Some came in after me and yes I know that customers are not always forming a line at the door but it was quick cash in hand.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reported cases Worldwide

27 June 9,906,585

29 June 10,395,643

1 July 10,792,494

Total deaths
• World 518,037
• USA 130,785
• Brazil 60,713

Source #1 Source #2

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 04:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Err, there’s a lag in deaths from new cases...

Really? :tard:

Your chart shows cases start to rise in early June. Considering there's a average 5 to 6 day incubation period and people are severely ill within a week of showing signs. It's now July and deaths per day continue downward.

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 07-01-2020 04:57 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 04:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
it's not an article Gramps, it's a poorly stitched together collection of graphs and bad sources. Jesus christ.

So you think all of the 50+ sources are "bad". :rolleyes:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 05:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Suck it Gramps...

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamain ... le/2767980

Quote:
Key Points

Question
Did more all-cause deaths occur during the first months of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic in the United States compared with the same months during previous years?

Findings
In this cohort study, the number of deaths due to any cause increased by approximately 122 000 from March 1 to May 30, 2020, which is 28% higher than the reported number of COVID-19 deaths.

Meaning
Official tallies of deaths due to COVID-19 underestimate the full increase in deaths associated with the pandemic in many states.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 05:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ya know, Gramps blocking my posts and not seeing the truth is the perfect analogy for him sticking his head in the sand and proving his confirmation bias...

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps lives north of the tri-county area where Covid-19 hasn't made it out of phase-1 restrictions due to how many cases there are in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties. I can tell you from first-hand accounts that there are A LOT of folks here who don't give a flying fuck and were back to business as usual as soon as they could.

Businesses have taken little action to enforcement and we are literally on our own in this state as the Governor (Ron DeSantis) is in deep with the Trump ranks.

This entire thing has made me consider moving which is unfathomable for a native Floridian with ancestry as a Florida Pioneer. This state is corrupt.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 05:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn, that sucks raw. Hang in there. I’m surrounded by a bunch of morons too. Unfortunately, I think they’re everywhere (yes, even outside the U.S.). Social media has dumbed down everyone, worldwide...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 05:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Gramps lives north of the tri-county area where Covid-19 hasn't made it out of phase-1 restrictions due to how many cases there are in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties. I can tell you from first-hand accounts that there are A LOT of folks here who don't give a flying fuck and were back to business as usual as soon as they could.

Businesses have taken little action to enforcement and we are literally on our own in this state as the Governor (Ron DeSantis) is in deep with the Trump ranks.

This entire thing has made me consider moving which is unfathomable for a native Floridian with ancestry as a Florida Pioneer. This state is corrupt.

Ah yes Florida, Oh hey, Rick Scott, you ran a huge medicare scam? Here lets make you governor of the entire state. Seems like a great idea.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 11:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
...Governor (Ron DeSantis) ...

what happened to Jeb?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 12:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Ah yes Florida, Oh hey, Rick Scott, you ran a huge medicare scam? Here lets make you governor of the entire state. Seems like a great idea.

Funny how Raw managed to live here through that crook's reign but is just now wanting to leave.

Where are you going to move that the government is not corrupt, Raw? New York, California maybe? :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New York, California way less corrupt than Florida... Any moron knows that...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 01:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New York and California are paradise compared to Florida...:olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 01:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got tested for corona yesterday. Glad to say I haven't got it.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 01:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bittersweet feeling eh

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moving: Haven't decided yet. Packing up some certifications before the woman and I decide. We're not going to react, we're going to plan based on a few criteria that are important to us. The reality is, there are democracies out there that function differently than America and one of them may be for me. As for the possibility of staying in the states, looking for remote work and a state with a higher quality of life index and a functioning local government.

Regarding Florida, Rick Scott, ...etc
He's a piece of shit, Pam Bondi is a piece of shit, Marco Rubio is a piece of shit, and the bulk of our senior leadership is totally fucked. Example: Covid-19 handling. We've been a Republican controlled state for some time and if weren't for the corruption, we'd likely be a blue state. Not even worth getting into it about Florida. Have many friends who re-located despite being native to south Florida and I hear even Jersey has a way better way of life than Florida. Mainly, Florida pays like shit for my industry in comparison to other states.

I've hit my limit with spending my whole life down here and I'm ready to see if there's something that works better for me personally as I age and want to enjoy more life. Down here, it's work until you drop.

The woman has dual-citizenship with Spain so that's always an option to start.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 03:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Come up here to Vermont.

The government here isn't totally corrupt and crime rates are really low. Very socially-minded. And everybody's really nice. Winters suck if you don't like snow, but it's a dream if you like to ski or snowboard. The public school system is really good, but you pay for it in high property taxes. It's a rural state, but if you like solitude, you'll find plenty of peace and quiet depending on where you live. And there's almost no traffic anywhere. I hated VT when I first moved up here for college in '01, but as I've gotten older, it's really grown on me. :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 05:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New England rural is like Texas suburbs, only more bad ass. Love driving they New England...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 06:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Masks required in Texas...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.