Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Cyberpunk 2077

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 09:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol yeah honestly though... seriously? No stick drift? Literally no one I know who plays on xbox doesn't get stick drift after a whlie. My bumper button issue is cause I use it as my boost button. You know how it is, if you need boost, you need it fast, in clinch moments you just hammer the button with the index finger without even realizing it. Still though, I have 4 controllers at home, all of them have some problem.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea those bumpers are really meant for toggles rather than holds I guess. Not an excuse they should be able to withstand any beating regardless.

I don't button mash, or at least not often. Even panic rolling in DS I do with a healthy amount of restraint.
Tho in younger years I'm sure I gave those controllers a stronger beating.. especially SNES and PS1 with games like Ghouls and Ghosts or Crash Bandicoot. Srs fuck that game. Still work fine tho.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 10:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't believe how hard Ghouls and Ghosts is after recently playing it. Like why aren't we god tier at games with all of that experience under our belts?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So... after playing some more: I love this game!

If you accept that it's not a sandbox the rest is pretty good (except for the AI).

Especially the writing is top notch.

It's such a beautiful game (even on my PS4). It feels good to just race through the city on a bike, listening to some electronic music on the radio.

Also: The game became much better once I turned off the minimap (and all other nonessential HUD elements).

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-16-2020 11:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it's fantastic so far. What really blows me away is the voice acting throughout for every little quest I go on. I ran into a monk praying on the street and he had full on dialogue and even thanked me for not killing anyone when saving his brother etc... really well done. But yeah, the AI is hot garbage along with a few other details but that stuff is mostly backdrop stuff. I am hopeful they'll fix that in future patches though.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-17-2020 10:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://kotaku.com/sony-pulls-cyberpunk ... 1845908592
Sony removes Cyberpunk from their digital store.
Rofl?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-17-2020 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it was pretty shitty for management to deceive the reviewers by holding back footage of the last-gen console versions. :down:

It seems like they cut corners or omitted features with the intent on adding them in later with patches. And the AI from what I've seen and heard is a bit lacking. I saw a player slug an NPC and send him running, and nobody around them so much as bat an eye. Meanwhile there was a person standing around, talking on his cell phone clipping through the middle of the player's car. As a result, he couldn't get in his car until he punched the NPC and made him run away. This is why I stopped preordering games years ago. I'll wait until they get their shit together in a few months. :miffed:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-18-2020 04:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
https://kotaku.com/sony-pulls-cyberpunk-2077-from-playstation-store-says-1845908592
Sony removes Cyberpunk from their digital store.
Rofl?

Guess if you've ever wondered which console was better after all it was Xbox. I'm playing on xbox and aside from the crappy AI and a few bugs it runs fine.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-18-2020 10:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://kotaku.com/report-cyberpunk-207 ... 1845913219
Quote:
“Developers asked blunt questions about the company’s reputation, the game’s unrealistic deadlines and the relentless overtime in the months and years leading up to the game’s Dec. 10 release,” Bloomberg writes.

On the back of viral videos showcasing the game’s bugs and occasionally poor performance, as well as extremely negative reviews of the console version, CD Projekt Red’s stock has plummeted by more than 30%.

I think investors are going to be pissed they were lied to. Do I smell a lawsuit?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-18-2020 10:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Guess if you've ever wondered which console was better after all it was Xbox. I'm playing on xbox and aside from the crappy AI and a few bugs it runs fine.

https://www.engadget.com/microsoft-cybe ... 03075.html
Now, Microsoft has expanded its refund policy for the game. It said that, until further notice, anyone who bought Cyberpunk 2077 digitally from the Microsoft Store can claim a full refund. It’s doing so to “ensure that every player can get the experience they expect on Xbox.”[/quote]

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 12:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Users may experience performance issues when playing this game on Xbox One consoles until this game is updated

Lol on the MS download page. If you have to add warnings that the game runs like crap, maybe just not allow it on your store.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Worst roll out of a game ever?...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 10:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh, I think No Mans Sky takes that honor...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm surprised more people aren't making the comparison.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 03:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

It's an excellent shout

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

Other than a bunch of gaming articles written right after the game released.

NMS was unplayable garbage and nothing like the footage that was shown to people, but they've worked hard for years to release a ton of new (and free) content for it. CDPR needs to do the same.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, they burned all the good will they had from Witcher 3. It's gonna take a while to get it back. :(

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At least it's better than Watch Dogs, that game had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Sorry GFY :olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He even put in an easter egg for us. Too bad he left when we shit all over the game for the bullshots. :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 11:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He got pissed off because we liked the TellTale Game of Thrones game

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-19-2020 11:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HDR is broken and you can’t rebind certain keys. I walked out of my apartment, saw 3 npcs that looked like clones they all had different voices but their lips didn’t move.

Been playing NoManSky for the past week. Fun game.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-20-2020 03:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So sick of broken HDR in games. It's up to a point where we need a global hdr toggle front and center instead of buried in the xbox settings.
Some games are completely unreadable when hdr is enabled.
Industry standards pls

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-20-2020 03:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, HDR has a lot of potential but devs aren't implementing it consistently and it's making it harder to deal with than it's worth. But when it does work, damn it looks good. :up:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 12-20-2020 01:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
He even put in an easter egg for us.

Did anyone play the game? What was the easter egg?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-20-2020 01:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, you look over a ledge next to a road and it said q3w. I might be way off...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-20-2020 01:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Correct

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-20-2020 01:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought it was a trash pile with some food wrapper or soda can or something that said Q3W. Anyone have a pic of it? It was a neat gesture, even if the game didn't live up to the hype. :shrug:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-20-2020 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GFY's video

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-20-2020 03:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah yes, I remember that now. I miss that asshole.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 12-21-2020 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aw... cute.

[edit]

oh... that's some quality content on his channel :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-21-2020 01:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait, is that GFY’s channel?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.