Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Last of Us - Part 2

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Last of Us - Part 2

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-21-2020 11:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NY Times hyped the game so I checked metacritic: 95% critics, 3.9 users rating.

User reviews mention that you can only play the last part of the game as a certain character.

What are the neckbeards angry about this time?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-22-2020 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

grow up kid

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-22-2020 12:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this a PlayStation thing?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-23-2020 12:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watching Brad the Rad play it. Looks very good.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-23-2020 12:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
grow up kid

?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-23-2020 01:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's one big clusterfuck of entitled gamers.

One group complains that the gameplay sucks, another group says the gameplay is identical to the first game (which was received entirely positively upon release)

One group says the writing is abysmal, another group says it's good.

One group says people are only complaining about the game because the main character is lesbian, another group says that's not true because they liked game X as well and that had dozens of lesbians in it. Yet another group says they're entirely pro-LGBTQ+ but don't like how all the lesbians and transgenders are forced down your throat in this game.

Me, I really don't know. I never played the first game, I never played the second game nor have I seen anything of it. I am absolutely without opinion about this game.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-23-2020 02:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion that it's not multiplayer thus I am unlikely to play it.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-23-2020 09:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been trying to enjoy TLOU but I just don't think it's for me...so the second one wont be either by all accounts

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 06-23-2020 02:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a lot of fawning, perfect-10 reviews from a lot of "professional" sites out there.

But if you dig a bit deeper, there's enough respectable opinions out there that differ. It sounds like the story is nowhere near as nuanced as the first game, being a straight-up revenge story, and that a lot of the violence is needlessly over the top.
I suspect losing Amy Hennig is the main reason for the more straightforward story.

I had a kind of love/hate relationship with the first game anyway. I enjoyed the story, but the game was far too linear for me, and regularly blocked me from returning to areas too soon.
So I'll wait for this one to either hit a sale, or become available on PS+.

However, it's being reported that this is the fastest selling first-party title on the PS4. Perversely, this is probably because of the pandemic and people being locked-down, something I also attribute Doom Eternal's recent success to.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.