Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        New Idtech5 mod Ehrlia (Rage, Doom etc)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: New Idtech5 mod Ehrlia (Rage, Doom etc)

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-01-2020 05:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought I'd share what I've been working on recently. I'm starting a game using the Rage toolkit, that one day will be huge in scope and go far beyond the engine. For now, here are some screenshots from early work. Website: http://aristocraticart.com/ehrliah MODDB: https://www.moddb.com/mods/ehrlia-summerwheel

Ciao.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-01-2020 09:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

idTech5.

Huge in scope.

One person building it.

Yeah, this'll be dead in the water in 2 months time.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-01-2020 09:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you reached out to o'dium? I heard he builds amazing games with the whole scope in mind. See if he needs a job or a nickel.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-02-2020 04:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm glad you're so optimistic Eraser. Actually, the engine is pretty easy to use. At this rate of progress, should be done in a year or two.

I was going to use Overdose as an engine but decided to go with Idtech5, and I'm familiar with his work. Wonder if he'd be willing to help out?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-02-2020 05:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi all. Thanks for checking out Ehrlia. Dash and I have been working very hard at this mod. His help has been of great assistance although I am the primary developer and leader of cLan erhLia.

Anyway all feedback is welcome.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-02-2020 08:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Hi all. Thanks for checking out Ehrlia. Dash and I have been working very hard at this mod. His help has been of great assistance although I am the primary developer and leader of cLan erhLia.

What is wrong with you :S?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-02-2020 11:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can you backflip in this?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-03-2020 02:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks good, Dash. Don't mind these asshats being negative. Keep being creative and learning :up:

Any reason you chose idtech over unreal or unity?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-03-2020 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

-Dash- wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

What is wrong with you :S?

??

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-03-2020 07:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello puffnstuff. The game looks promising. Are there any openings in your clan and will there be weekly practices before we join any tournaments?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-03-2020 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi HM-PuFFNSTuFF, first off let me welcome you to Quake3World. We are the premier Quake 3 fan forum! :D

Love your work but you have got to get a better social media manager. -Dash- is going to get you a bad reputation around these parts.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-03-2020 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, Mr. PuffinStuff, that's some great work! I am interested in hiring new talent, how would you like to be the next salaried employee for my well-established AAA gaming company? It's a high demand position and we only have room for one, so Dash can't come too. PM me and I'll give you info on the signing bonus. $$$$ :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-03-2020 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World: It's Just A Bunch of Dicks, Basically

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-03-2020 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

XD

Oh, they're fucking with me.

I ended up choosing Idtech5, probably cause I've played quake my whole life and I'm used it to radiant, but also because I like it more than those other engines. Unity is too cartoony and everyone uses Unreal. Idtech has a dark gritty look to it.

Anyways, I'll post updates here when they're important.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-03-2020 08:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Looks good, Dash.....................

I thought so too :up: so keep at it.
10 years and 14 posts :confused: Now I see. I remember the name from the Level Editing & Modeling forum

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-14-2022 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New update: Teaser trailer 1 level demonstration.

Next update in a year from now: Teaser trailer 2 gameplay, cinematics, weapons demonstration etc.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.