Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Streaming

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Streaming

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 07:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What’s everyone using to stream that delicious content? I ditched DirecTV and went to strictly streaming. Originally I tried Sling for my live TV service, but it sucks. So now I’m on the YouTubeTV train. It’s good. Not great picture quality, but that’s my ISP problem. Once Elon gets Skylink up and running, I should be able to stream 4K.

Supplementally I have Netflix, Prime, and Disney+...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Netflix, YouTube and Spotify, that's about it :shrug:
Thinking of getting Amazon Prime for a month or two just to see The Expanse S04

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Max (I get it free with my phone plan), Disney+. I ditched cable service years ago. I hate commercials.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 09:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Netflix and that free prime stuff... I gotta admit, lots of good shows on prime. I'm really digging The Boys and Hanna

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 09:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Max (I get it free with my phone plan), Disney+. I ditched cable service years ago. I hate commercials.

Oh yeah, I forgot about HBO. I also get it with AT&T.

What’s good on HBO right now? I haven’t watched anything on there since The Outsider...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 09:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Netflix and that free prime stuff... I gotta admit, lots of good shows on prime. I'm really digging The Boys and Hanna

Yeah, I’m a only a few episodes into The Boys, but it’s pretty good. Is it just me or is it difficult to understand Billy and Frenchie? That’s some thick accents...

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Disney+, Amazon Prime, Netflix (included free with my phone service) and Pluto TV (free live tv channels).

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 09:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Κracus wrote:

Yeah, I’m a only a few episodes into The Boys, but it’s pretty good. Is it just me or is it difficult to understand Billy and Frenchie? That’s some thick accents...

I speak french so frenchie isn't hard for me to understand, I love Billy's accent, australian?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Amazon Prime but i haven't watched it since forever. also Yootoob

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 10:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, YouTube, Sky TV (Live sports fan)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 10:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
xer0s wrote:

I speak french so frenchie isn't hard for me to understand, I love Billy's accent, australian?

I thought it was English, but super thick...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 10:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now, a lot of you are saying YouTube. You mean YouTubeTV? Cause YouTube is just YouTube. It’s not a streaming service. Not really...

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Now, a lot of you are saying YouTube. You mean YouTubeTV? Cause YouTube is just YouTube. It’s not a streaming service. Not really...

We tried YouTube TV for a few months but rarely watched it which is why we cancelled it. I am trying to find something that will televise more local sports, or more sports in general.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw youtube tv's free offerings and wasn't impressed.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 11:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dekayd wrote:
xer0s wrote:

We tried YouTube TV for a few months but rarely watched it which is why we cancelled it. I am trying to find something that will televise more local sports, or more sports in general.

That’s the only reason I have it. NFL football. Once the season is over, I’ll cancel...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 11:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I saw youtube tv's free offerings and wasn't impressed.

What free offerings? It’s a paid subscription...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 11:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They have subscription episodes up for free/trial to entice buyers, they're kinda awful.

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
They have subscription episodes up for free/trial to entice buyers, they're kinda awful.

I tried it free for the first month and only watched it a few times. 2nd month was the same. Couldn’t justify throwing my money to them if I only watched it a total of 5 times. Also, the bastards raised the monthly subscription on it now.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
raw wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot about HBO. I also get it with AT&T.

What’s good on HBO right now? I haven’t watched anything on there since The Outsider...

Watchmen but I like it for Last Week Tonight and old series/movies I love.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 01:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Oh no, I just meant YouTube YouTube. Never heard of YouTube TV to be honest. I'm still in the process of getting a handle on my annoyance with YT trying to shove YouTube Music down your throat every 3 seconds.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 02:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Normal YouTube has some excellent content on it - it's probably my most watched thing now that isn't F1 on Sky TV

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I subscribe to enough YouTube channels that I have more than enough content to pick and choose from. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, but I rarely use either. I'm just not interested in episodal shows anymore, I guess. :shrug:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 11:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Netflix, YouTube, Sky app (xbox) and Spotify mainly. Sometimes i'll drop Netfilx for Prime and i did try Amazon Music for a while but Spotify blew it out of the water. I'm on FTTP so 4k isn't an issue.

As a family we are without a doubt streaming more content than over the air.
In the UK we have to pay a yearly TV license fee, i think it's around £150. It funds the BBC and you can still buy a B&W only TV licence....

https://www.gov.uk/tv-licence

Soooo you can probably understand people are getting a little fed up with the BBC. Personally I think it's worth it as they do so much more than TV. BBC radio is a god send and when i was overseas a lot the world service and BBC World TV was great as it was the only English speaking TV i could get in places like Russia and Japan.

CSB etc etc

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 09-25-2020 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A friend and I split/share a Netflix and Hulu subscription. That paired with Amazon Prime gives me and the lady more than enough stuff to watch.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-25-2020 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
What’s everyo..

Welcome to 2018... Dumbo...

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-26-2020 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

netflix, irc, amazon prime, semi legal streaming sites

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.