Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Biden

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Biden

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-06-2020 02:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Conceding and leaving the White House are two different things.

I’m aware Trump may not know the difference...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 09:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Major news outlets (including Fox) start calling the presidency for Biden now.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol go read the comments at brietbart...

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hooray!

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

279 for Biden

Trump got dunked :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AP says 290-214

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 03:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The bigger the gap, the more ridiculous and unhinged Trump looks

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
The bigger the gap, the more ridiculous and unhinged Trump looks

Pretty sad a president ends his term like this and in the 'unhinged' way. If I was kind, I'd say he is a sandwich or two sort of a picnic :smirk:

Thankfully President Biden would seem a change for the better IMHO.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 11-08-2020 04:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
From another article I was reading while attempting to find solid 2020 numbers, the poor and uneducated are the main demographic of the non-voters.

I feel a national holiday for voting would take care of a lot of this. Think of these blue collar folks whose employers likely won't allow for time off for anything.

Also, when you're that low on the scale it's hard to have faith that one could make a difference. Our system of voter suppression works as we can see.

Quite insightful! Didn't know there was so much voter supression and gerrymandering. What does it take to use the popular vote and introduce a system that doesn't favour a two-party system?

P.s. it shouldn't cost so much money for campaigning, it favours the rich and and corruption.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-08-2020 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A lot of states are passing legislation to circumvent the Electoral College. It's called the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, and states that agree to it pledge all their Electoral College votes to whoever wins the national popular vote. It doesn't take effect until enough states sign on to it in order to reach 270 votes. Currently 15 states are signed on, with a total of 196 possible Electoral College votes in play. It will take a fair few more states, however, because NY and CA already both signed on and they account for a lot of the votes. It's also mostly blue states, so if the Electoral College keeps voting in the GOP, red states won't exactly be motivated to sign on.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 03:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone think this thread will stay alive as long as the President Trump thread (5 years and 2 months)?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 11:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hopefully not. I can't imagine Biden's Presidency will be nearly as eventful.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 11:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hope that it is. But in a positive and more meaningful way...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It won't be, he's already announced a cabinet full of corporate warmongers and Republicans so America can get back to sweeping its crimes under the rug instead of accidentally announcing them publicly via orange lardo.

And bootyjizz for Veteran's Affairs. Sniveling shit got his cabinet position for helping the Biden campaign steal votes from Bernie. Hope you're all ready for another 4-8 years of Obama-style corporate neoliberal austerity and war crimes so that desperate, disillusioned, and uneducated people can give rise to another far-right populist—who in turn will pave the way for a Kamala/Klobuchar presidency. And so the wheels keep spinning as the world keeps burning.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If Biden tries to run again in 2024, Drumpf will beat him. If he hands the reins over to Harris, she still only has a slightly better chance of winning. Things will be going from bad to worse in America for at least another decade. :tear:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 02:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's assuming both Trump and Biden are still alive in 4 years time.
These are both really old men.

I mean, on average, the US has historically elected geriatrics to the office, which has always struck me as being somewhat idiotic, and tempting fate.
But Trump was the oldest elected president in US history. Before Biden.

Seriously, placing that much power in the hands of someone who's likely to kark it at any given moment, and who is probably approaching senility, if not already demonstrably senile, is monumentally stupid.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
That's assuming both Trump and Biden are still alive in 4 years time.

Biden will definitely live until 85 at least. They may be geriatrics but they also have access to the absolute best personal care and medical treatments that average Americans don't even know about.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah Mat, agreed, but we have quite a few octogenarians in the House and Senate. These fuckers have access to the best health care money can buy, and they live a pampered life free of hardship. If anyone's going to beat the odds, it's the Washington elite. TBH I was thinking neither of them may make it to 2024 before I even posted, I just don't like to entertain wishful thinking. ;)

My real fear is that Drumpf is supplanted by a more competent populist demagogue who can actually do the things that could irreversibly break our democracy. Someone like Tucker Carlson. :down:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 03:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wouldn't call the US presidency a pampered life free of hardships. It's constant stress. You saw how Obama aged in 8 years time.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was talking about the House and Senate. I'm comparing them to people like single unemployed moms with debt and hungry kids, living in a shitty neighborhood or even homeless. Also, most Presidents are elected around the age where white hair and wrinkles really start coming in. How often do they go golfing, again?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looking forward to 4 years of more wars and serving wall street.

So much for leaving Afghanistan and peace agreements.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-13-2020 11:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh look who's back!
So, how does it feel to be a loser, Gramps?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 02:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
So much for leaving Afghanistan and peace agreements.

lmao quit pretending to be anti-war you gunloving hick.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 02:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's more interested in the Civil kind.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 02:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh ffs I never had you done as one of those youtube believing losers, Gramps.

PS Trump did a good job of bombing people.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 03:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love how Gramps’ only source is Jimmy Dore. :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 03:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the guy literally just reads things other people have written out loud

basically American Sargon

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 01:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jimmy's got some good takes and the general gist of it is that the democrats and republicans are both far-right parties, but he also deserves pushback when he's suddenly promoting Tucker Carlson or glorifying Tulsi Gabbard as some kind of progressive leader.

gwamps on the other hand has zero critical thought and just quotes the headlines of Dore videos as if they're his own opinions. We know gwamps is a racist, pro-war, blue line bootlicking patriot with a gun fetish which makes him and Jimmy Dore polar opposites politically. gwamps seems to just pick and choose the videos that can help justify him voting for Trump a second time.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Oh look who's back!
So, how does it feel to be a loser, Gramps?

I didn't lose anything...

No matter who is confirmed as the next president, the real losers will remain to be seen.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

He only reads things... :olo:

Hey genius, where do you get your information? It's not like you or anyone one of these other dipshits are on the ground doing first hand research.

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 11-14-2020 02:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
I love how Gramps’ only source is Jimmy Dore. :olo:

Not the only source. Just the most fun one to drop in slack-jawed, go-along liberal laps.

You know your base is critically uninformed when they elect a racist and top cop during BLM and defund police social movements. :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
seremtan wrote:

He reads only things... :olo:

but you don't. the operative phrase there was "out loud", dumbass :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
but you don't. the operative phrase there was "out loud", dumbass :olo:

Should he just flash up articles and sit there? How stupid would that be? Probably just as stupid as you trying back track on your stupid observation.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-14-2020 03:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
No matter who is confirmed as the next president, the real losers will remain to be seen.

This statement reveals Gramps’ feelings on who won the election. Newsflash dumbass, Biden has been confirmed the winner...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.