Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Armenia/Artsakh

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Armenia/Artsakh

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-21-2020 07:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why is it every time Turkey tries to exterminate Armenians, the world stays silent? The last time we did this Hitler referenced how the world stood silent while Turkey attempted genocide on the Armenian people before the word was even coined.

Reading up on Armenian history is extremely frustrating to see the world repeat its mistakes.

Thoughts?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-21-2020 08:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard about this a little bit from The Young Turks. They mostly cover US politics, but one of the hosts is Armenian, so the story has come up a few times. I would have thought this would be picked up more since Armenians are mostly Christian and Azerbaijans are mostly muslim. But I'm sure the US is silent because Turkey is a big ally in that region and we apparently need military bases over there or something. I'm sure it's got something to do with oil, it always does....

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-21-2020 09:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

These issues date back to at least 1915

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-21-2020 09:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People still deny the genocide even happened. :down:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-21-2020 09:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes sir. Obama was the first presidential candidate to promise he would recognize the genocide. Unfortunately it didn’t happen until December 2019.

The Mexico, the Danish government, and the Uk does not recognize the genocide and Turkey won’t even recognize Armenia as a country despite a presence for 3500 years.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-21-2020 10:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's happening with the Uyghurs right now and no one is saying a thing.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-22-2020 12:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And let's not forget about the Rohingya. Facebook was complicit in their ongoing genocide.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-22-2020 12:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any more genocides going on right now? We could play Bingo.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-22-2020 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It's happening with the Uyghurs right now and no one is saying a thing.

protip: elites and the media only care about genocide if doing so provides moral cover beneath which to advance some power/money game that benefits them

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-22-2020 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This topic is about the Armenian Genocide, so I would like to keep it at that.
I would advice everyone not to get their information from "news"-channels such as The Young Turks or Breitbart.
I am intentionally throwing these two together in that sentence because in my opinion they are both trying to do the same thing: telling thier viewers a narrative, pushing that narrative by different means of argumentation and attempt to "frame" things.
I think one has to very carefully and thoughtfully watch these "media"-channels.

The Armenian Genocide is a mark of shame. It has been declared as the first genocide having taken place ever by both the UN and EUP.
The turks, especially now under Erdogan, denie it having been a genocide.
The EU is kind of dependent on Turkey as a "half-ally". In the same way as we depend on Ukraine, Poland and Hungary as being "full-allies".
You see?

It's difficult.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-22-2020 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, one of the hosts of TYT is Armenian and the other is Turkish, so they've had a few disagreements on the subject. They have debated the matter on air, but I haven't seen any overt attempts to push a narrative that isn't based on fact. That being said, I still take it with a grain of salt.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-22-2020 03:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
This topic is about the Armenian Genocide, so I would like to keep it at that.

Welcome to Q3W!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.