Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Daft Punk broke up.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Daft Punk broke up.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 10:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I actually watched electroma very recently.. it's uhh interesting. They had an excellent run though, can't really ask for much more than that.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 11:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brilliant band; will be missed

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man I love Daft Punk. They introduced me to a whole genre of music as a teen and helped shape my musical tastes. :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 09:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bummer, still, great music and a good run.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 09:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

one of the most iconic music videos of all time

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2021 01:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I never really liked any of Daft Punk's songs. Two weeks ago or so I heard Harder Better Faster Stronger on the radio (never had heard it before) and I hated it at first, but as the song progressed I thought it's really neat how the voice keeps morphing closer and closer into an instrument rather than a voice. It's just a shame that every song of theirs has these extremely processed vocals. It's cute for a song or two (or as a gimmick like Harder Better Faster Stronger) but it starts to bore me real fast.

Other than Get Lucky I never heard a song of theirs I really like.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-23-2021 01:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jerry - try the Tron Legacy soundtrack

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2021 07:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TRON Legacy is their only work I like, but it had quite a lot to do with their collaboration with Joseph Trapanese. I've listened to that album almost religiously for over 10 years.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-23-2021 11:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
TRON Legacy is their only work I like, but it had quite a lot to do with their collaboration with Joseph Trapanese. I've listened to that album almost religiously for over 10 years.

I saw the first TRON movie probably shortly after release back in what, the early 1980's :smirk: It was certainly my thing then. Funny, I never caught the follow up, TRON Legacy about 2010 apparently. Now I have to go and find the movie TRON Legacy :up:
Thanks Captain Mazda for the prod :)....

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-25-2021 07:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Overrated. Won't be missed.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-02-2021 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never heard them before. After a listen, I can see why I've never listened to them. Way outside my range of stuff I do listen to.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-02-2021 12:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I’ve heard of them a ton, but honestly couldn’t tell you a single track they did. After the breakup announcement last week, I went onto their catalog and realized I knew several of their songs. Just never interested enough to seek them out...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-02-2021 02:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I feel like this whole style of music has otherwise been removed from mainstream media. This will always be a masterpiece in my opinion.
Very much in the same vein as Daft Punk along with beastie boys and on the heavier side you had stuff like Prodigy. Everything today on the radio sounds the same.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-02-2021 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Everything today on the radio sounds the same.

Every generation says that. ;)

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-02-2021 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who the fuck listens to the radio? Lol WTF

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-02-2021 08:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I’ve heard of them a ton, but honestly couldn’t tell you a single track they did. After the breakup announcement last week, I went onto their catalog and realized I knew several of their songs. Just never interested enough to seek them out...

You should listen to "Fucked with a Knife" by cannibal corpse. It's masterpiece...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-03-2021 01:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I feel like this whole style of music has otherwise been removed from mainstream media. This will always be a masterpiece in my opinion.
Very much in the same vein as Daft Punk along with beastie boys and on the heavier side you had stuff like Prodigy. Everything today on the radio sounds the same.

Fatboy is absolute legend. I saw him in Austria and he was incredible. If you ever get the chance to see him live, do so.

Not even his best song, by the way ;) but likely his best video

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-08-2021 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Discovery was an absolutely fantastic album - my mind was blown when a flatmate put it on one day, and the rest was history...

Disappointed with what followed, though (Tron: Legacy being an exception - different animal altogether), as even their last - and biggest! - hit was not the same kind of music that I fell in love with.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.