Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Valheim

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Valheim

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-25-2021 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've sunk my teeth deep into this little indie gem, 20 hours since Monday already. It's kind of a Minecraft meets Dark Souls mix, with PS2-like low-res visuals. It's kinda strange seeing such low-poly models ragdoll when they die, and the smoke effects are really impressive (and important to take into account when building shelter). It all comes together to be a really beautiful looking game. The combat is already solid, and it's on the roadmap to be touched up before the game hits full release. The inventory system needs some TLC pronto, though.

So far I've defeated the first 2 bosses and I had a blast working my way up to them. It can be kind of ponderous at times, and the distances between places are vast. Now that I have the first 2 bosses out of the way, I'm going to spend some time beefing up my home base and build some teleporters to cut down on travel time to my little outposts as I explore and stockpile resources. I might get caught up on some podcasts at the same time. :)

I think there are 6-7 bosses total, and more story content planned for the full release. My hope is there ends up being some sort of end-game loop to keep me interested. It will be interesting to see where this goes. :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-26-2021 08:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this multiplayer? I heard it was also coming to console at some point. I'd be very interested in trying this.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-26-2021 08:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, but it's still barebones. Worlds are generated using seeds, so you can also share a seed for someone else to use. :up:

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 03-29-2021 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man, managed to play a few hours of this and loved it. Working through a few projects at work and haven't had much time to play. It was great playing with a few friends while I could though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.