Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Aliens arriving in July.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Aliens arriving in July.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-07-2021 11:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Also, this guy is a legit fighter pilot with multiple degrees including an aeronautics degree. Mick West helped make tony hawks pro skater games. food for thought.

He claims the camera system in the GoFast video is bad at determining range. So that puts the range estimate in the debunk video (halfway between plane and surface) in doubt. However, that doesn't mean the object is definitely 100% certainly flying close to the ocean surface. If the system is incapable of determining range, then there is also not any proof that it's close to the ocean surface either. What still unambiguously stands, though, is that if the assumed range is correct, we would be seeing what we see: a slow moving object that appears to be moving extremely fast. Additionally, that range indication is there for a reason. If it was a totally random, unusuable number it wouldn't be prominently visible on the HUD. So at least it gives us an estimated ballpark figure of the range. This ballpark figure puts the object at something like 12000 or 13000 feet if I remember correctly. Even if the range finding was off by 50%, that'd still put the object as high as 2km, nowhere near the ocean surface.

About the Gimbal video, he basically says that you can't recognize it as fighter and normally you always can still see it's a fighter. The thing that bugs me there is that it is a subjective opinion. In all honestly, looking at the gimbal video, I can clearly see the distinct shape of a plane in there. He uses Mick West's setup as example where he says "you can still see it's a light on a pole in a garage", but what's actually interesting here is that the flare of the light obscures the entire light source. Also, the video isn't recording visible light, it's recording heat, so a jet engine blowing out hot air probably isn't going to look the same as a lamp on a stick.
So despite all his fancy trigonometry to prove the plane is relatively close, it's not smoking gun proof at all. Because he doesn't prove that at this close range, this obscuring effect couldn't happen. Funniest thing is that in the end he goes "could this be a weird bokeh effect? I guess. Maybe." right before diving into a Rorschach test type of speculation about what he's seeing.

And lets assume this guy is 100% right and the debunk videos are wrong. That still doesn't prove these are objects of alien origin. It just debunks the methods used in the debunk videos. Nothing more, nothing less. That still doesn't prove the GoFast video isn't a weatherballoon (let alone that it's an alien craft) nor does it prove that the Gimbal video isn't just a jet fighter.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-08-2021 02:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why are we still debating this?

the claim that it's aliens is extraordinary and requires extraordinary evidence, and there is none

the claim that it's another country's super secret tech was debunked by the Quillette article I linked (tech doesn't develop in the kind of massive steps that would allow someone to go from standard fighter jets to anti-grav vehicles that can zip around at transonic speed without sonic booms and redonkulous g-forces; also, we'd know if such tech had been developed just from leaks and espionage)

tl;dr - it's bollocks

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-08-2021 03:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
He claims the camera system in the GoFast video is bad at determining range. So that puts the range estimate in the debunk video (halfway between plane and surface) in doubt. However, that doesn't mean the object is definitely 100% certainly flying close to the ocean surface. If the system is incapable of determining range, then there is also not any proof that it's close to the ocean surface either. What still unambiguously stands, though, is that if the assumed range is correct, we would be seeing what we see: a slow moving object that appears to be moving extremely fast. Additionally, that range indication is there for a reason. If it was a totally random, unusuable number it wouldn't be prominently visible on the HUD. So at least it gives us an estimated ballpark figure of the range. This ballpark figure puts the object at something like 12000 or 13000 feet if I remember correctly. Even if the range finding was off by 50%, that'd still put the object as high as 2km, nowhere near the ocean surface.

About the Gimbal video, he basically says that you can't recognize it as fighter and normally you always can still see it's a fighter. The thing that bugs me there is that it is a subjective opinion. In all honestly, looking at the gimbal video, I can clearly see the distinct shape of a plane in there. He uses Mick West's setup as example where he says "you can still see it's a light on a pole in a garage", but what's actually interesting here is that the flare of the light obscures the entire light source. Also, the video isn't recording visible light, it's recording heat, so a jet engine blowing out hot air probably isn't going to look the same as a lamp on a stick.
So despite all his fancy trigonometry to prove the plane is relatively close, it's not smoking gun proof at all. Because he doesn't prove that at this close range, this obscuring effect couldn't happen. Funniest thing is that in the end he goes "could this be a weird bokeh effect? I guess. Maybe." right before diving into a Rorschach test type of speculation about what he's seeing.

And lets assume this guy is 100% right and the debunk videos are wrong. That still doesn't prove these are objects of alien origin. It just debunks the methods used in the debunk videos. Nothing more, nothing less. That still doesn't prove the GoFast video isn't a weatherballoon (let alone that it's an alien craft) nor does it prove that the Gimbal video isn't just a jet fighter.

Yeah I'm not going to argue the gofast video because I'm kinda on board with what you're saying about it. The gimbal video though is total bullshit from Mick and that's the one I've been discussing. I do believe that guys account of debunking the debunking video however. Meaning Mick West's approach on debunking it is total bullshit. All he does is talk about gimbals and degrees of motion without any real substance. I said it, this guy said it and I'm sure anyone that thinks about it for more than 5 seconds would see it too. I'm not saying it's aliens, I'm just saying it's not an airplane, it's not a jet, it's not some natural phenomenon. So what is it?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-08-2021 05:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I'm just saying it's not an airplane, it's not a jet, it's not some natural phenomenon.

How do you know that for sure? You're going to eventually learn that it was some digital artifact or glitch or lens flare or something and be wholly unimpressed with the reality of the matter.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-08-2021 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3d3mm/ ... -officials

Quote:
"For realistic situations, you might have a turning radius of hundreds of kilometers—a thousand kilometers or more, possibly, for higher speeds. So this instantaneous 90-degree turn? That's something that's not possible. The forces involved just don't work out."

There are even more basic reasons to find the hypersonic weapons theory obviously nonsensical. The idea that China and Russia—which spend, respectively, less than a third and less than a twelfth what the U.S. does on defense—would have technology not just more advanced than what the U.S. has but so much more advanced that it can't be identified strains credulity, for instance. And so does the idea that these countries would have arrived at innovations so far removed from the state of known technologies as to be functionally magical. While Tracy declined to speculate on the truth behind UFOs, "There are a lot of explanations one can imagine that are more realistic than a new class of hypersonic weapons," he said.

One of the few theories I was even remotely willing to entertain was hypersonic weapons, but it really doesn't make sense at the end of the day. These videos are all going to end up being big fat nothingburgers.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-09-2021 03:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that could totally be the case but I'm skeptical on account of how intelligently these crafts have behaved. Like the cmdr Fravor report where the craft left them in the dust only to rendevous with where they were headed. Like how did it know that's where they were going if it's some natural phenomenon?

I was also watching this documentary about geopolymers yesterday and technologically these are fairly new things and it turns out they were using geopolymers in ancient sites down in Brazil. A lot of the large stones were conceivably made this way, especially megalithic foundations which makes a LOT of sense. People have been scratching their heads as to how they moved such large stones but if they didn't and instead created a geopolymer and made a cement that just hardens into rock it would actually explain how they moved them, not as one large piece but as gravel formed back into rock using various plant chemicals, water and gravel. Might also even explain the pyramids.

In the show I watched he made a geopolymer rock and brought it, along with actual stone to an expert and had him tell him which of the 3 was a geopolymer and he couldn't tell the difference from a rock.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-09-2021 10:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ever looked up how large the universe is? you should.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-09-2021 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not aliens, Kracus.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-09-2021 04:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Our strong tech isn't even capable to get a good glimpse. We have a vague vision/idea of what is out there.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-10-2021 10:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

I have actually and yeah, I know.

Also, more bullshit from Mick West being cleared up.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-10-2021 11:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

Our strong tech isn't even capable to get a good glimpse. We have a vague vision/idea of what is out there.

So our tech really isn’t all that strong then, is it?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-10-2021 11:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It doesn't even matter. The speed of light is the real limiting factor. You can't see past the distance it's travelled once the time it took to get there equals the age of the universe.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-10-2021 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-10-2021 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What Kracus is alluding to, that some areas of the universe are unseeable from here, is actually due to space expanding faster than the speed of light.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-10-2021 03:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, it's because the aliens don't want us to see it.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-10-2021 03:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unless he's trying to say that the speed of light is why you can't see before the universe existed. Which is totally something I can imagine him saying.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not but that's technically also kinda true. Stop trying to pretend you're smarter than I am, I'd offer to do a battle of wits to prove it but I don't fight unarmed people.

Last edited by Κracus on 06-11-2021 07:55 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Be careful Puff, Stephen Hawking used to run marathons every week until a 5-minute conversation with kracass about quantum physics.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 07:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh no look, the retards are uniting.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 08:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you guys know who you’re dealing with? This is the smartest man on this forum!

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 08:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus, I just want to thank you for filling the void left behind by Gwamps' departure. It's really selfless of you to take up the mantle of Forum Dunce. :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I try buddy but seriously... I can never fill the void that was Gwamps brain.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Do you guys know who you’re dealing with? This is the smartest man on this forum!

This is a fact as stated by the most boring man on this forum.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Joke's on us though, right now aliens are reading this thread to pick the most virile and smartest human specimen to impregnate a bunch of big-titted blue maidens and kracass is clearly the top choice.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-11-2021 09:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Death by snoo snoo

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-12-2021 06:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In case some of you never watched this guys interviews here's a short relevant blurb from last year. He really doesn't strike me as a liar or some con man trying to sell a story. Keep in mind this guy was in charge of a fleet of aircraft and pilots.

I feel like when this news was disclosed everyone is having the same knee jerk reaction of "whatever it's just some mundane thing we don't understand". However when you look at it like him, and it's not mundane, then you have to ask. What is it actually? People can't ask themselves that because it means acknowledging that it exists and the taboo displayed in this thread is why most are too scared to give it the attention it deserves.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-12-2021 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People don't roll their eyes at the idea of aliens visiting us because they think it's a taboo subject. :rolleyes:

And the fact that some guy doesn't 'strike' you as a conman isn't a very good metric of trustworthiness. Isn't the whole point of being a confidence man to make you think he's believeable? :dork:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-12-2021 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread reminds me great deal of the flat earth crap going around. You a flerfer also, Kracus?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-12-2021 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Kracus, I just want to thank you for filling the void left behind by Gwamps' departure. It's really selfless of you to take up the mantle of Forum Dunce. :up:

Did I miss something?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-12-2021 04:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps basically rage quit after the failed insurrection. Trump lost the election, Gramps lost his erection…

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-12-2021 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
People don't roll their eyes at the idea of aliens visiting us because they think it's a taboo subject. :rolleyes:

And the fact that some guy doesn't 'strike' you as a conman isn't a very good metric of trustworthiness. Isn't the whole point of being a confidence man to make you think he's believeable? :dork:

:olo:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-12-2021 10:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
The speed of light is the real limiting factor. You can't see past the distance it's travelled once the time it took to get there equals the age of the universe.

Κracus wrote:
Stop trying to pretend you're smarter than I am.

Stop trying to pretend you're smart.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-13-2021 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's multiple instruments picking these up plus pilot visual, and it happens a lot, all over the world. Way more than just the 3 leaked videos.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ovid-bill/

They are capable of moving in ways that our technology isn't even close to replicating. This is why it's not far off to hypothesize non human intelligence. The reason this hypothesis makes sense is because the other answers don't cover all the bases. Healthy skepticism is fine, and required, but when you disregard the bulk of the evidence anything can be a balloon or lense flare. Skeptisism can be a sort of religion on its own, if you argue something isnt real for a long time, it's hard to change your mind and you dig in even more. It's really hard to change your world view, and if aliens are real, that a big change in world view right there. I'm sure the US govt didn't think they might possibly be a balloon or lense flares before flagging those events as UAPs, good job on that youtuber for figuring that one out :rolleyes:

It could be some top secret military tech, but the odd movement patterns have been observed for at least a few decades, and the most advanced nations perceive them as being a few generations ahead of what we are capable of. There's reports of them enabling/disabling nukes. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-air-for ... ted-nukes/

In the past the joke was that yokels are always the ones with the ufo stories, but now serious people are coming forward including governments and we still have the same attitude towards the subject. I went from not believing aliens existed at all, to probably aliens somewhere cuz the universe is a big place but not on earth, to yeah aliens are probably out there and if they have tech like observed its not a far stretch to think that they're here. Researching the history of project bluebook a bit might inform you as to why the stigma is there and why the govt wanted to cover it up. It wasn't about keeping aliens from us but more about preventing panic during the cold war. They didn't want people thinking the soviet union owned our airspace, so the policy was to debunk and ridicule. Even if they aren't some kind of non human intelligence it's unfair to ridicule the possibility. Except the guy who says he got abducted in that reddit post, fuck that lunatic

The fact is that the govt says there's actual physical shit flying around that we don't understand. Ex presidents say the same thing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/weird-s ... re-rcna963
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Pr9Zjxja0

They could also be related to some natural or technological phenomenon we don't understand til we research it, but in 2021 with what has been divulged so far, I don't think it's crazy to add non human intelligence to the list of possibilities

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-13-2021 09:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oof, they got DooMer as well!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.