Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Aliens arriving in July.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Aliens arriving in July.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-13-2021 10:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If we are observing trans-medium vehicles that can seemingly instantaneously appear in another location, stay in the air for hours without recharging or refueling, show no exhaust or propulsion, basically checking all the requirements of interstellar travel and the dang govt, the ones who invented the balloon, lens flare, and swamp gas excuse admits there's something to it, is it really that big of a stretch to at the very least entertain the idea that they might be from somewhere else?

I mean, most people think there's life out there somewhere but there's zero evidence for that besides the universe is big and that we exist. Probability. Where is the line that divides 'there's probably life out there', and 'there's probably life out there and they may visit earth'? What makes one idea dumb and the other not? Part of the fermi paradox is if life is so common why don't we see it? They've possibly always been around but we aren't all that perceptive, and when we are, we don't want to hear it.

If it is non human intelligence it doesn't stop at ET being a potential culprit. Alien is a big spectrum. It could involve extra dimensions, time, or shit we cant even think up. It very well can be something explainable, but the evidence to me puts non human intelligence at the top of the list with what we know so far.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 12:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
If we are observing trans-medium vehicles that can seemingly instantaneously appear in another location, stay in the air for hours without recharging or refueling, show no exhaust or propulsion, basically checking all the requirements of interstellar travel

But that's just your assumption of what it is.

DooMer wrote:
and the dang govt, the ones who invented the balloon, lens flare, and swamp gas excuse admits there's something to it,

Do they really? Can you show me where they say "hmm, this might be aliens"? Because all I'm getting is the gov't saying "here's a bunch of videos of objects we haven't been able to identify".

DooMer wrote:
is it really that big of a stretch to at the very least entertain the idea that they might be from somewhere else?

Yeah, it actually is. You're just showing circumstantial proof which for a good portion aren't proof but assumptions. It's like seremtan says: extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. And so far, I haven't seen any objective, undeniable proof that these are aliens.

DooMer wrote:
I mean, most people think there's life out there somewhere but there's zero evidence for that besides the universe is big and that we exist. Probability. Where is the line that divides 'there's probably life out there', and 'there's probably life out there and they may visit earth'? What makes one idea dumb and the other not? Part of the fermi paradox is if life is so common why don't we see it? They've possibly always been around but we aren't all that perceptive, and when we are, we don't want to hear it.

For me personally, considering how immense the universe is, it's just statistically not unlikely that somewhere out there some kind of life has formed. But at the same time, that same vastness also makes it unlikely they've contacted, let alone visited us.

DooMer wrote:
If it is non human intelligence it doesn't stop at ET being a potential culprit. Alien is a big spectrum. It could involve extra dimensions, time, or shit we cant even think up. It very well can be something explainable, but the evidence to me puts non human intelligence at the top of the list with what we know so far.

When thinking about conspiracy theories (and this is certainly one: the conspiracy being the (US) government keeping proof of alien (intelligent) life under wraps, always consider a few things. First, what would have said conspirators have to gain out of this? Two: how likely is it that a conspiracy at that supposed scale is never leaking out? Three: assuming said conspiracy was true and it comes out in the open that, in this case, alien life does exist. What does that actually change for us besides all of the philosophical thinking it will cause? We have no way to contact these aliens. We have no way of finding where they are or where they come from. Obviously the aliens don't want to make contact with us yet either, because otherwise they would have already done so. And these are aliens who don't want to be found out yet have their ships hovering in a single spot, plainly visible for F18's and navy ships to see :dork:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 03:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think you’re afraid to acknowledge these things are real because it forces you to accept the UFO’s exist AND you don’t know what is controlling them. With the options all involving some sci fi shit.

If you’re so easily fooled by Mick West you’re choosing not to look too hard into this.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 04:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I think you’re afraid to acknowledge these things are real because it forces you to accept the UFO’s exist AND you don’t know what is controlling them. With the options all involving some sci fi shit.

lol, what? Why would I be scared of that? I mean, like I said in my previous post, what would really change if we figured out that, yeah, these are actual aliens? Practically, it wouldn't change a thing.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 05:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

If you’re so easily fooled by Mick West you’re choosing not to look too hard into this.

That's a ridiculous take on what Eraser has said

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 06:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Κracus wrote:

lol, what? Why would I be scared of that? I mean, like I said in my previous post, what would really change if we figured out that, yeah, these are actual aliens? Practically, it wouldn't change a thing.

Yeah, it’s not the about the aliens. You’re afraid of stepping outside conformity. You’re ok with acknowledging those UFO reports if a sufficient majority agree. You’re not ok with acknowledging these are real UFO’s right now because, I’m your minds eye, it makes you seem loony.

My problem with that whole concept is that the fear of conformity overrides common sense when presented with something that falls outside that scope. It causes delays in action overall. That’s just my take though, it’s healthy to be sceptical until you start ignoring problems because of it.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 07:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You’re just scared of aliens!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 07:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Personally, I’m open to the possibility of intelligent life (besides us) in the universe. And I’m open to the idea of them being able to travel intergalactically, even coming here.

Has it happened in the past? Maybe. Is it happening now? Maybe. But probably not.

Like we have said, the evidence isn’t solid. Something is definitely happening. People are seeing something. Instruments are detecting something. But it’s probably a natural phenomenon.

I’m not ruling out aliens (even then, it’s probably just a probe or non-biological life). But more than likely it’s a nothing burger…

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
If we are observing trans-medium vehicles that can seemingly instantaneously appear in another location, stay in the air for hours without recharging or refueling, show no exhaust or propulsion, basically checking all the requirements of interstellar travel and the dang govt, the ones who invented the balloon, lens flare, and swamp gas excuse admits there's something to it, is it really that big of a stretch to at the very least entertain the idea that they might be from somewhere else?

fuck u

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

I think you’re afraid to acknowledge you're wrong because it forces you to accept the fact that you're an idiot.

Show me your evidence. :arrow:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am the leader of this extraterrestrial clan.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 02:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is there a database somewhere of every UFO sighting?

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-14-2021 07:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Imma see if I can cover the points brought up

Evidence: In the court of law, you don't need to see the accused actually stab somebody to convict them of murder. You only need beyond a reasonable doubt. I can sit here and post shit all day and it would be fruitless. There are lots of testimony, many from govt types, video footage corroborated multiple instruments, and documents from governments all over the world. If you need somebody to drag out an actual alien or fully intact UFO, that ain't happening, at least not until we can take the subject seriously and be more transparent about it which is the goal right now. The US govt as an entity will never come right out and say its aliens because they aren't 100% certain, and even though it seems like some people here wouldn't care, it's quite a heavy admission. I'm not even 100% certain. Whenever I see a subject like UFOs, I basically rank the probability of what it could be based on the available body of knowledge. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57355192

cover up: The govt has at least 120 cases and we only know of 3 and only because they were leaked. Again look into the history of early UFO programs like project bluebook and their purpose, to deny and explain away. One of the primary dudes Dr. J. Allen Hynek expressed regret for brushing off still unidentified events as swamp gas and balloons. Cover up doesn't necessarily mean they know its aliens, just that they're very reluctant to share any info and have been caught lying at the very least. It's also very suspicious that they would attack and deny that Luis Elizondo even worked with AATIP after previously confirming it https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -complaint

A potential modern obstacle against disclosure are some fundamentalist religious people somewhere in the pentagon and allied govts who think they might be demonic and don't want to give the subject the attention it deserves, alien or not. https://nypost.com/2021/04/30/feds-cove ... s-at-risk/

What does this change for us: The fact is nobody could know an aliens motives or if they even care about us. There's no way to actually know if we can make contact or communicate because the subject has either been ignored or considered kooky. We still don't know exactly what they are or what they're capable of. The taboo of investigating things we cant explain needs to be lifted, then the actual research can begin. Many people have come forward including govt types but due to the taboo nobody really listens to them.

If they are alien in design and we can reverse engineer their technology, it could lead to breakthroughs in space travel, energy, the way we view the universe and ourselves. The world could literally look like an entirely different place.

The logic here is simple. We know there are unidentified crafts flying around. They can either belong to:

The US, which it's not because we know what we have and we said it's not

Or it's another country, but again these things are at least a few generations ahead of anything we have. China and Russia have comparatively small military budgets compared to the US. There would need to be revolutionary leaps in hull design, energy, and in a few other areas to do what these things are capable of. One giant leap forward in tech might be possible sure, but multiple giant leaps forward? They have been spotted doing similar maneuvers for a very long time, not just a recent phenomenon. Plus, Russia and China are dealing with it as well https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 60974.html

To me, ET seems more likely than those 2 scenarios

As for a database of sightings, i don't know. Most sightings can be explained and it's hard to separate the bullshit from fact. The US is a mess of govt agencies, but the CIA has a decent body of documents available. It doesn't mean that they are all unexplained https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/collect ... or-fiction

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-15-2021 04:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I think you’re afraid to acknowledge you're wrong because it forces you to accept the fact that you're an idiot.

Show me your evidence. :arrow:

There's an air force commander with FLIR video of the UFO craft he was chasing. I've watched his interviews and it's compelling enough for me to believe him. He has 3 corroborating eye witnesses along with multiple individuals who witnessed it via radar devices and probably other tracking devices. That same commander swears the craft was behaving intelligently as if it were aware of their presence and that it behaved in a manner that's beyond our technological means, which again, all witnessed by 3 other flight crew. Furthermore he has the actual footage of it and it's unexplained. Commander Fravor even expressed unequivocally that Mick West doesn't know what he's talking about and if you believe him you're choosing to believe a guy who's never set foot in a fighter jet over someone with 20 years experience.

At the end of the day, we do have evidence. It's staring you right in the face and you're choosing to ignore it. Lashing out and name calling is honestly a pretty normal reaction when being faced with a fact your brain simply refuses to acknowledge.

I'm not saying it's aliens but I believe that UFO is real. It's not a radar glitch, it's not a weather balloon and it's not some normal aircraft mistaken for a UFO. Those fighter jet pilots don't know what it was, the crew aboard the carrier ship don't know what it was but it was something. The sooner the planet agrees something is out there the sooner we can try to figure out what it actually is. I'm not talking about the pyramid shaped ones either, those pretty obviously look like normal aircraft through an out of focus lens.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-15-2021 09:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I'm not but that's technically also kinda true. Stop trying to pretend you're smarter than I am, I'd offer to do a battle of wits to prove it but I don't fight unarmed people.

Can't beat a classic wannabe head shot that's been edited and becomes a backfire taking the OP's head off.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-15-2021 10:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol I edit a lot of posts because I use a phone and make lots of typos.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-15-2021 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

asteroid strikes are more interesting than UAPs. they're actually real and don't attract swarms of dent-headed smooth-brains

on a related note, glad i wasn't around for the Chixhulub asteroid strike that killed the dinos. holy fuck that was bonkers

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-16-2021 01:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
asteroid strikes are more interesting than UAPs. they're actually real and don't attract swarms of dent-headed smooth-brains

on a related note, glad i wasn't around for the Chixhulub asteroid strike that killed the dinos. holy fuck that was bonkers

Speaking of;

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-16-2021 04:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good times. Can’t wait for our harbinger of discontinuity…

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 06-16-2021 04:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
I am the leader of this extraterrestrial clan.

Well, I'm am the leader of an extratesticle clan. Beat that!

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 06-16-2021 04:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
Imma see if I can cover the points brought up

Evidence: In the court of law, you don't need to see the accused actually stab somebody to convict them of murder. You only need beyond a reasonable doubt. I can sit here and post shit all day and it would be fruitless. There are lots of testimony, many from govt types, video footage corroborated multiple instruments, and documents from governments all over the world. If you need somebody to drag out an actual alien or fully intact UFO, that ain't happening, at least not until we can take the subject seriously and be more transparent about it which is the goal right now. The US govt as an entity will never come right out and say its aliens because they aren't 100% certain, and even though it seems like some people here wouldn't care, it's quite a heavy admission. I'm not even 100% certain. Whenever I see a subject like UFOs, I basically rank the probability of what it could be based on the available body of knowledge. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57355192

cover up: The govt has at least 120 cases and we only know of 3 and only because they were leaked. Again look into the history of early UFO programs like project bluebook and their purpose, to deny and explain away. One of the primary dudes Dr. J. Allen Hynek expressed regret for brushing off still unidentified events as swamp gas and balloons. Cover up doesn't necessarily mean they know its aliens, just that they're very reluctant to share any info and have been caught lying at the very least. It's also very suspicious that they would attack and deny that Luis Elizondo even worked with AATIP after previously confirming it https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -complaint

A potential modern obstacle against disclosure are some fundamentalist religious people somewhere in the pentagon and allied govts who think they might be demonic and don't want to give the subject the attention it deserves, alien or not. https://nypost.com/2021/04/30/feds-cove ... s-at-risk/

What does this change for us: The fact is nobody could know an aliens motives or if they even care about us. There's no way to actually know if we can make contact or communicate because the subject has either been ignored or considered kooky. We still don't know exactly what they are or what they're capable of. The taboo of investigating things we cant explain needs to be lifted, then the actual research can begin. Many people have come forward including govt types but due to the taboo nobody really listens to them.

If they are alien in design and we can reverse engineer their technology, it could lead to breakthroughs in space travel, energy, the way we view the universe and ourselves. The world could literally look like an entirely different place.

The logic here is simple. We know there are unidentified crafts flying around. They can either belong to:

The US, which it's not because we know what we have and we said it's not

Or it's another country, but again these things are at least a few generations ahead of anything we have. China and Russia have comparatively small military budgets compared to the US. There would need to be revolutionary leaps in hull design, energy, and in a few other areas to do what these things are capable of. One giant leap forward in tech might be possible sure, but multiple giant leaps forward? They have been spotted doing similar maneuvers for a very long time, not just a recent phenomenon. Plus, Russia and China are dealing with it as well https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 60974.html

To me, ET seems more likely than those 2 scenarios

As for a database of sightings, i don't know. Most sightings can be explained and it's hard to separate the bullshit from fact. The US is a mess of govt agencies, but the CIA has a decent body of documents available. It doesn't mean that they are all unexplained https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/collect ... or-fiction

Fair points. However, I would add that since the US is denying it is theirs, doesn't necessarily make it true. As you pointed out, their credibility is shot. With that said, your points are still fair.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 06-17-2021 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

IT'S THE BIG DAY TOMORROW

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-17-2021 04:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can’t you read? The title says July…

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 06-17-2021 05:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-17-2021 05:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
IT'S THE BIG DAY TOMORROW

Jumping the gun buddy.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 06-17-2021 05:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck u

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-22-2021 07:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-22-2021 08:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah saw that one, weird but I think that's just light diffusion off some building near by. We have these huge spotlights in town here that they turn on around the holidays and they project these straight beams up. I kinda feel like it's the same concept except these spotlights are facing a triangular building pointing up so what you're seeing is like a shadow of the building.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-22-2021 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But there are clouds moving under it! Why aren’t the lower clouds being shadowed??

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-22-2021 09:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The lower clouds have a different consistency where light diffusion is less visible? I live in a pretty foggy city so it's not uncommon to see fog and clouds. The lights I was talking about show up from across town roughly 20 minutes away but won't show up so much when it's just normal clouds. Sometimes the fog is above the clouds if they're low enough.

That said there's multiple shots of this one and in a lot of them the people watching sound genuinely concerned indicating this isn't something they see often.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-22-2021 02:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-22-2021 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The best cases for me are the ones confirmed unidentified by a government because they have lots of data and resources. I'm not smart enough to be able to tell if that triangle is caused by some kind of atmospheric effect. It would be interesting if there was radar data to back it up

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-22-2021 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-23-2021 02:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Anyone else have problems clicking this link? I get weird stuff like foreign text.

动画 番剧 国创 音 乐舞蹈 游戏 知识 科技 汽车 生活

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-23-2021 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah same here. Looks like some kind of chinese version of google. I translated the text and it states "Log in for more rights" lol... how appropriate.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.