Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        R.I.P. Michael Collins

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: R.I.P. Michael Collins

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-28-2021 09:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, the astronaut that circled the Moon while his crew-mates were the first to walk on the surface of the Moon :tear:

Most might argue he had the most important role of the first manned Moon landing mission.

Quote:
But Collins held a "secret terror" — that he would be blamed for the potential disaster.

"I would have been that guy who left them up there on the moon to die," he said in a 2019 interview.

Source

R.I.P. Michael Collins.
"Fair Winds and Following Seas."

Quote:
Michael Collins was an American astronaut who flew the Apollo 11 command module Columbia around the Moon in 1969 while his crewmates, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, made the first crewed landing on the surface. He was also a test pilot and major general in the U.S. Air Force Reserves.

Wiki

Collins took this picture as Armstrong and Aldrin returned from the Moon.(Supplied: NASA)

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-28-2021 09:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

RIP :(

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-29-2021 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Stay in the car, Mike. We'll be right back."

RIP

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-02-2021 09:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legit legend

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-02-2021 06:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To the moon!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.