Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        2032 Olympics - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 2032 Olympics - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brisbane Queensland Australia scored the 2032 Olympics

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 05:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know if you should be happy that the Olympics are coming to your Country, Whiskey, considering all the ruin that gets left in its wake. Communities get displaced, people are forced out of their homes and relocated into subpar housing, local economies collapse, rampant corruption sees money stolen from the people for sweetheart deals with politicians... the list goes on.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is the third Olympics we are hosting and I have never heard of what you mention happening. We hosted the Commonwealth Games five times too all to great success.

It is 11 years away and a lot can happen in the interim :smirk: but I sincerely believe we will be a superb host again.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It seems to be a recurring trend lately, but I hope it goes off without a hitch. :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 09:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I don't know if you should be happy that the Olympics are coming to your Country, Whiskey, considering all the ruin that gets left in its wake. Communities get displaced, people are forced out of their homes and relocated into subpar housing, local economies collapse, rampant corruption sees money stolen from the people for sweetheart deals with politicians... the list goes on.

This.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 10:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Olympics are only a major win for the IOC stooges, their corporate sponsors, politicians, and developers. They have a net negative effect on host cities and leave nations in massive debt that the tax-paying working class has to bail them out of for decades after.

I guess whiskey forgot about 2000 in Sydney and how taxpayers had to foot the bill while getting nothing positive in return. Blind patriotism really does rot the brain.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 11:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2032? Haven't we all died because of climate change by then?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-22-2021 02:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats Whiskey; I hope you get to some of events. London 2012 was quite a large success for the UK.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-22-2021 02:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

IOC, UEFA and others are corporations with multi-billion $s of interests.
The corruption and general greed running within those circles are just perverted imo.

Sports isn't what it used to be.

The olympic village-housing in Munich isn't that bad. It's not pretty but there are worse quarters.
The stadium(s) and park are a bottomless tax-payers pit. Nothing sustainable has been done with that lot. That's somehow up to the town though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.