Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        China High Explosions

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: China High Explosions

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 11-13-2021 05:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-13-2021 05:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks SoM. I haven't heard anything on this and I imagine most others here the same... I better watch to the end next time...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-13-2021 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seems these 'explosions' are not rare....

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-13-2021 06:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Seems these 'explosions' are not rare....

[youtube]

I don't think 'these' explosions fit the same profile as the more recent ones. First, it was one incident in 2015 versus 10 in the last few weeks. Second, the one in 2015 was caused by a high amount of explosive material being stored in one place under neglectful conditions, and the ones from this year are smaller and aren't at warehouses or shipping yards. But the 10 blasts also don't all seem to be consistent, based on the reporting.

Although what can you believe from Chinese news, right? I'm inclined to agree with the reporter from the first video, that it's entirely possible these are cover-ups or silencing of dissidents. Do we know if protesters were killed, or professors who didn't toe the party line? I know China is big, so by sheer volume they are more likely to see major accidents, but surely not this many in such a short period of time. :offended:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-13-2021 08:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree... Seems weird so many in the time frame.. Guess we wait for news :smirk: if ever....

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-14-2021 12:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess this could easily be construed as racism, but Chinese blowing up other Chinese is pretty low on my list of stuff I care about.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-14-2021 03:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not a problem unless it's your problem, ey.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-14-2021 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I guess this could easily be construed as racism, but Chinese blowing up other Chinese is pretty low on my list of stuff I care about.

there you go saying the quiet part loud :|

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-15-2021 01:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Like, look at you being all empathetic to China all of a sudden.
I'm not saying it's not bad what's happening, but there's just so much shit going on in the world that I've reached my shit-saturation point, where no more shit can be absorbed. I've got a lot more pressing shit to worry about so excuse me while I'm not going to worry about explosions in China too much. Let me mentally deal with my own government cocking up this whole pandemic thing first, 'kay?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-15-2021 02:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You sound mighty defensive. And nobody forced you to tell us how little you care about Chinamen. ;)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-15-2021 07:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not caring = not posting

have you learned nothing from your 21 years at quake three world dot com?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.