Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Ukraine

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Ukraine

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-24-2022 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"May you live in interesting times" can get fucked. I want to live in a peaceful boring world. Fuck Putin.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-24-2022 10:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like Google Maps is playing the role of on-the-ground reporter with their traffic updates. It will be interesting to see how social media chronicles the war in real time. It's strange seeing Ukrainians still going about their daily lives, driving to work and walking through town.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7n9n8/ ... cial-media
I wonder if (when) Facebook, Twitter, etc. will start pulling down posts and labeling things as disinformation.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-24-2022 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I wonder if (when) Facebook, Twitter, etc. will start pulling down posts and labeling things as disinformation.

:olo: :smirk:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 02-24-2022 05:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 02-25-2022 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-25-2022 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4awb4d/ ... l-disaster
Quote:
Russia has seized control over the nuclear and radiation facilities at Chernobyl, a move that Ukrainian officials told Motherboard constitutes a war crime and has already kicked up radioactive dust. In a statement to Motherboard, the Ukrainian government said that employees at the facility have been “detained” by Russian forces and are not being allowed to rotate through normal safety protocols.

The Ukrainian government told Motherboard that they are worried about a “planetary environmental disaster.”

The claim of potential 'planetary disaster' may be a bit overblown, but this is still ominous.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-26-2022 01:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-27-2022 05:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Such a strange dynamic. So nonchalant…

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-27-2022 04:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you broken down... Can I tow you back to Russia?

:olo: Ukrainians all have massive balls. Even the women are fucking badass.

She's talking about the soldiers putting sunflower seeds in their pocket so that when they are eventually killed, at least they'll make themselves useful by fertilizing some sunflowers. The babushka hex is some serious shit.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-27-2022 11:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or this...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-27-2022 11:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

https://www.engadget.com/facebook-takes ... 28336.html

Quote:
Facebook has taken down a network of fake accounts attempting to spread Russian disinformation in Ukraine. The company said it had removed about 40 accounts, pages and groups from Facebook and Instagram that were detected over the last 48 hours. The company has also worked to stop hacking attempts targeting Ukrainians military and government officials on recent days.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-28-2022 12:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good Nazis!

Quote:
Facebook is backtracking on a ban it placed on users praising the Azov Battalion, a far-right paramilitary force within the Ukrainian National Guard.

The Intercept first reported the news.

Praise for the group, which is the armed wing of the country's white nationalist Azov movement, was banned in 2019 under Facebook's Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy. The platform had classified the group alongside others such as the Ku Klux Klan and Islamic State.

A 2016 report by the OHCHR found that Azov soldiers had raped and tortured civilians during the 2014 Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The memos seen by The Intercept, however, also acknowledge the group's ideology, and listed the following post as an example of unacceptable content, according to the outlet: "Well done Azov for protecting Ukraine and it's white nationalist heritage."

The battalion itself will still be banned from using Facebook to publish posts or recruit members, while images of its uniform and banners will still be banned as hate symbols.

"For the time being, we are making a narrow exception for praise of the Azov Regiment strictly in the context of defending Ukraine, or in their role as part of the Ukraine National Guard," a spokesperson from Facebook's parent company, Meta, told Insider.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook ... 20394.html

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-28-2022 12:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Soooooo...... Nazis are bad, unless they're fighting Russians. Social media is so fucked up. :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-01-2022 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

to be fair, this is hardly the main issue right now

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-01-2022 10:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's Mazda whataboutisming his way through life again.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-01-2022 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-01-2022 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It's Mazda whataboutisming his way through life again.

Condoleezza Rice is your moral compass :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-03-2022 04:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Russian state TV is super fun

Check out the whole thread behind this post:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-03-2022 11:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's video proof of Russia using thermobaric weapons. They serve no other purpose than inflicting massive indiscriminate damage. When used in an urban environment, the use will cause large numbers of casualties.

Putin wants to lay Ukraine in ashes, if that's what it takes to get them to capitulate. He is a sick man.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-03-2022 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How exactly does the video prove that they're thermobaric? Because as I understand it, thermobarics work by sucking the oxygen out of an area and suffocating people, and are largely used as a supplement to bunker busters in enclosed/underground areas. The only videos I've seen that claim to be of thermobarics are above ground and from a distance. :confused:

edit: OK so I misunderstood how the oxygen portion of the bomb is implemented. The oxygen that's sucked up isn't intended to suffocate, but to ignite a secondary explosion which causes a massive concussive force. It's particularly effective in enclosed areas, but can still do massive damage above ground to structures and people by essentially liquifying their insides. Nasty, nasty things. :dts:

Last edited by Transient on 03-03-2022 10:06 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-03-2022 09:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The 'tech' in this movie (and yes, it is a movie) is years old so imagine the advances :smirk: It looks like a DC3 aircraft too.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 03-04-2022 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have seen the reports of the thermobaric bombs being deployed as well. Despite that, they are still using cluster bombs which happen to have been caught by this dashcam that has been validated by the NYT.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-31-2022 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Russian forces leave Chernobyl nuclear plant, transferring control to Ukraine....

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says Russian forces have begun leaving the Chernobyl nuclear plant after transferring control "in writing" of the defunct facility to Ukrainian personnel.

Do I see a strategic withdrawal here I wonder :smirk: and ask, who'd want to manage this disaster :question: :smirk:

Source

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-01-2022 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the reason the Russians left Chernobyl is because they found out that there actually isn't a magic room there that will grant you your deepest wish after all

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-01-2022 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
the reason the Russians left Chernobyl is because they found out that there actually isn't a magic room there that will grant you your deepest wish after all

i might be the only one here who gets your reference. It's a good joke.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-01-2022 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stalker /Roadside Picnic ?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-01-2022 11:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Stalker

<3

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-02-2022 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Stalker /Roadside Picnic ?

Stalker :up:

Roadside Picnic was the "golden sphere" ;)

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-03-2022 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
i might be the only one here who gets your reference. It's a good joke.

I think there are more of us than you might realize. :sly:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-21-2022 08:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I have to know. Which one of you morons are for escalating this proxy war to a global thermonuclear level and why?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-22-2022 02:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You just disqualified yourself by referring to this as a "proxy war"

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-22-2022 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
So I have to know. Which one of you morons are for escalating this proxy war to a global thermonuclear level and why?

lol

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-22-2022 03:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gwamps is ready for the revolution with his umteen guns but if you bring the nukes he has no chance and he knows it. scared gwamps?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-22-2022 03:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just as I thought, morons. This is the definition of a proxy war. The U.S. is propping up Ukraine and providing military weapons. Ukraine is fighting and the U.S. isn't. But we're going to destroy the Russian economy, no matter how many Ukrainians it takes.

Which one of you dumbos thinks Ukraine is actually going to "win"? How does escalating this war benefit Ukrainians? Wars only end one of two ways. Total annihilations/occupation or negotiation. Without a global nuclear war, who is certain to be annihilated without negotiation? I know Russiagate has you all up in your feels, but I think you know the answers.

Come on kids, try answering the questions without deflecting. I bet you can't.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-22-2022 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:

So there's an update to that story. Those guys were captured by the Russians, but recently got rescued. And the warship that attacked the base was sunk a few days ago by Ukraine. :smirk:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.