Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Floodings in Australia

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Floodings in Australia

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-26-2022 10:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/d ... ia-2521231

You ok, Whiskey, or are you not in that area?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-26-2022 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He does live in Queensland, IIRC. Be safe!

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-27-2022 02:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My step-sister and her family live near Ipswich, and are currently cut off from civilisation by the flooding.
Really hoping they're doing okay.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-27-2022 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We are OK. There are local flooding issues but not as bad as a few minutes south.

It usually takes an hour at 100kph (60mph) highway drive to get to the northern suburbs of Brisbane where we were born & bred. Just last week, as the rain started, it took 4 hours to return home as the Bruce Highway was cut and traffic diversions in place slowed traffic to a crawl. Friday is always busy on the highway travelling north as people escape Brisbane for the weekend. We did for some 18 months after buying here :) Weekenders :smirk: Just love it here on the Sunshine Coast I will add.

When we retired 10 years ago we moved out of Brisbane, there we did live in a high-rise apartment complex high on a hill above the Brisbane River. I must have posted here back then...

Anyway, click for Google photos of that 2011 Brisbane River flood

Caboolture, mentioned at the start of this video is just an hour away and a little to the west.

Another recent posted today 28 February.....

This recent flood is expected to be worse and last days longer. Some local dams are at 150-200% and of some concern. They must release water, adding to the existing flood water levels to save the dam structure itself at some time.

Idiots try to drive through flooded roads :disgust:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-27-2022 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bureau of Meteorology rain radar map this Monday 28 February morning shows the rain event is heading south, moving slowly.

Courtesy Bureau of Meteorology

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-27-2022 11:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glad you're ok.
I hope your family is ok too, Mat.
Hopefully you've all had the worst of it now

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-28-2022 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Has Scummo fucked off to Hawaii yet? That's usually his first response during Australia's annual disaster flood/fire/viral pandemic/rapes inside parliament.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-28-2022 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No. Scott Morrison and State Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk together on the television last night, detailed the quite generous assistance (IMO) available to flood victims.

Luckily we are in no such need and I have seen the faces of these 'victims' just bewildered, trying to escape rising flood water back in 2011.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-28-2022 03:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw him pretending to toss a sandbag wearing a suit and tie in another staged photo op. Good luck and stay dry Whiskey.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-28-2022 05:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Glad you're ok.
I hope your family is ok too, Mat.
Hopefully you've all had the worst of it now

Blue sky here today :) Exchanging calls with family & friends and find brother, sister & friends flood bound but not flooded. There are stuck in their suburb/town and fresh fruit/vegetables and milk/bread are scarce. Floodwaters are receding slowly and highways are opening up so no too bad all considered.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.