Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        RIP Taylor Hawkins

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: RIP Taylor Hawkins

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 03-25-2022 07:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-25-2022 08:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:(

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-25-2022 09:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn. He’s only 50 and didn’t look any older than 40.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-26-2022 12:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Damn. He’s only 50 and didn’t look any older than 40.

Yeah, this is crazy. I've been watching a few interviews with him and Dave recently, and he seemed like a genuinely lovely guy, much like Dave.
The Foos aren't exactly my favourite band, but they're always there in the background, delivering consistent quality rock.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-26-2022 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't they just finish shooting a movie?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-26-2022 09:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They are on tour right now. Or I guess they were.
Crazy

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-26-2022 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Crazy

Yes, too young and yes, they tour Australia in December so I wonder if the 'show will go on'.
R.I.P. Taylor Hawkins, you did well :tear:

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 03-27-2022 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
MKJ wrote:
Crazy

Yes, too young and yes, they tour Australia in December so I wonder if the 'show will go on'.
R.I.P. Taylor Hawkins, you did well :tear:

I really don't see Dave Grohl finishing the tour. From everything I've seen since Taylor joined the band, him and Taylor were super close almost like him and Kurt. I suspect Dave will release some solo stuff in the future but hard to say what will happen as I suspect the Foo Fighters are done. Truly tragic and I'm happy I got to see this band in person several times.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-27-2022 06:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This came as a true shock. I read there was drugs found in his blood, so an OD is not unlikely? I had this image of the Foo Fighters being a squeaky clean rock band.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-27-2022 09:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

10 different forms of drugs, I read.
Including painkillers and antidepressants.. so this might be a severe depression that he kept secret?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-27-2022 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
I really don't see Dave Grohl finishing the tour. From everything I've seen since Taylor joined the band, him and Taylor were super close almost like him and Kurt. I suspect Dave will release some solo stuff in the future but hard to say what will happen as I suspect the Foo Fighters are done. Truly tragic and I'm happy I got to see this band in person several times.

haven't followed them really since the 90s but i got the impression that FF is more or less the same band it was in 1996: Dave Grohl writing all the songs then a bunch of glorified session musicians learning them. i'm sure they'll find a new drummer (after a respectful hiatus of course)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-27-2022 11:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
haven't followed them really since the 90s but i got the impression that FF is more or less the same band it was in 1996: Dave Grohl writing all the songs then a bunch of glorified session musicians learning them. i'm sure they'll find a new drummer (after a respectful hiatus of course)

Nah, Grohl and Nate Mendel (their bass player) have been with the band since the beginning. Taylor Hawking has been a bandmember since like 1996 or 1997 or something. Their guitar player, Chris Shiflet has been with the band since 2000 or so.
It's not like it's a bunch of ragtag interchangeable people picking up instruments and playing stuff.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 03-28-2022 06:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pat Smear has also been with Foo since it’s inception with a hiatus or two but like Eraser said, it’s the same people and a very tight crew.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-30-2022 11:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Terrible news :(

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-09-2022 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The drummer from Dying Fetus is so much better than Taylor was...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-10-2022 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you'd have been so much better as a dying fetus, dipshit

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.