Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Shinzo Abe

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Shinzo Abe

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-08-2022 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Assassinated. RIP.

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/08/shinzo ... -reactions

Quote:
World leaders from the past and present expressed shock and sadness over the assassination of former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe — a man they described as a "towering global statesman" whose legacy is one of "global impact."

The big picture: Abe was shot while giving a campaign speech in the city of Nara Friday morning. He was rushed to the hospital, but pronounced dead later Friday. He was 67.

One man has been taken into custody in connection with the shooting.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-08-2022 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've come to know his name during the Fukushima- accident and the aftermath of that. Not much of a backlash happened back than against the energy-company Tepco.
I really don't known anything about japanese inner-politics.
As it seems he was a right-wing nationalistic premier during his time.
Left-wing parties have been pretty much subdued in Japan over the course of the last 10 or so years from what I've read.
The shooter is reported to have been ex-military. Well...

I condemn the shooting. Democratically elected leaders have to be accepted as such and should also be tolerated as "influencers" after their active time. That's just how political systems work.
I'd have a different stance on dictators. But Abe was far from that.

I don't think this act was in any way helpful towards the goals the shooter had in mind.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-08-2022 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Atlantic said he was "a great man" which means he was in fact, a piece of shit. Just another right-wing fundamentalist and hardline militarist/nationalist in the back pocket of the US empire.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-08-2022 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a different opinion Mazda. Seems he was Japan's longest-serving Prime Minister so I'd hazard a guess, he had done good in the service of his country.

R.I.P. Shinzo Abe :tear:

Quote:
Eisaku Satō was the longest uninterrupted serving Prime Minister, holding office from 1964 to 1972 until his record was surpassed by Shinzo Abe in August 2020. Shinzo Abe, the longest-serving Prime Minister, holding office from 2006 to 2007 and again from 2012 to 2020.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-08-2022 02:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain wrote:
The Atlantic said he was "a great man" which means he was in fact, a piece of shit. Just another right-wing fundamentalist and hardline militarist/nationalist in the back pocket of the US empire.

I, too, feel bad for his family. RIP…

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-08-2022 03:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-10-2022 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R.I.P. Shinzo Abe :tear:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-12-2022 09:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shinzo "Somewhat Honest" Abe?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-12-2022 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shinzo "war criminal apologist" Abe.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.