Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Quake 3 in VR

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 in VR

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 01-03-2023 11:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's up, it's been a while!

Someone forwarded me the port of Q3 into VR this morning. I was playing for a while today and man it brought back memories. This footage is from my Quest 2 about 10 minutes after installing. It's actually a really awesome port into VR, the gameplay is clean, very short learning curve and the visuals are very good. which really can't be enjoyed with the 720 capture quality from my headset.

It does have multiplayer support and a few VR only servers which I'm looking forward to checking out later.

Link - https://sidequestvr.com/app/8601/quake3quest

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-03-2023 11:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it's a real good port. All of DrBeef's ports are good. He and his team are currently working on Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy ports.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 01-05-2023 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice air rails :up:

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 01-09-2023 09:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello Giraffe man! I see your youtube channel is doing pretty good.

When I get my Q2 out of storage in a few months I'm looking forward to giving this a whirl. It looks like a sure-fire vomit comet of motion sickness :drool: :drool:

If it's given you a hankering for the real thing we play on Duff's server a couple of nights a week :ninja:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-10-2023 01:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
It looks like a sure-fire vomit comet of motion sickness :drool: :drool:

I expected the same, but weirdly enough, Quake 3 in VR is not nausea inducing at all.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 01-13-2023 10:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
Hello Giraffe man! I see your youtube channel is doing pretty good.

When I get my Q2 out of storage in a few months I'm looking forward to giving this a whirl. It looks like a sure-fire vomit comet of motion sickness :drool: :drool:

If it's given you a hankering for the real thing we play on Duff's server a couple of nights a week :ninja:

Agree with Eraser surprisingly I can play for long periods with no issues. I do spend a few hours a week in VR though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.