Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        play daikatana for free

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: play daikatana for free

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 03:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

..... since the site sopposevly contains abandoneware I cant link to it.

Last edited by Strangler on 02-16-2005 04:24 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 03:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm giving away free reverse bowling ball enemas. They're less painful than daikatana. Who wants one?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 03:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

me... but only if you wear your pink bowling suit while penetrating me :icon14:

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 03:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where'd you go last night on WOW, fool?

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 03:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is it okay to link to that site now we're back here?

can't even be arsed to type daisadksd let alone play it.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 04:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That site supplies warez and calls it "abandonware". It's been explained numerous times both on Q3W and other sites that there is no such thing as abandonware.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If the publisher says it's abandonware, it is abandonware. So there is a thing as abandonware.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 04:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its not some sites place to call stuff abandonware though
there hardly are any abandonware titles, anyways. gta is one :)
although i remember summat about daikatana a while back.. *searches*

[edit]
right. its not "abandonware". its still for sale according to Romero. you can, however, download the pre-alpha at http://www.rome.ro

so there

Last edited by MKJ on 02-16-2005 04:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LXS wrote:

a friend called and we played some warcraft 3 mod, bashing the shit out of some newbs. and then the german servers went back up -

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 04:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
LXS wrote:

a friend called and we played some warcraft 3 mod, bashing the shit out of some newbs. and then the german servers went back up -

Yeah, got booted off last night from the server i was on a couple of times...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 04:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Daikatana, the unreleased GBA game is abandonware.
Prob not the PC game.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 05:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
its not some sites place to call stuff abandonware though
there hardly are any abandonware titles, anyways. gta is one :)

actually, the Rockstar Classics aren't abandonware at all, they're giving it away specifically to people who register at the official classics site -- you register to obtain a licence to download the program, and not distribute it.

kinda stupid, especially when you still can't download GTA2 even after trying several times over the course of a week due to overloaded servers before resorting to warez >_>

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 05:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
If the publisher says it's abandonware, it is abandonware. So there is a thing as abandonware.

No, abandonware does not exist in the way people think it does. Games never lose their proprietary status. You can never use content from a game no matter if it's still available or not.

Even if a developer or publisher offers a game for download for free, the term "abandonware" is still not apt. The game is not "abandoned" by the developer, it's just offered for free under a new license. You are still bound to that license.

The same is true for GTA. The fact that you can download the game under a new license makes the difference between the game being free or not. It doesn't make it "abandonware" in the way people believe it's existing outside the boundaries of copyright and licensinglaws.

Unless the publisher (or developer, whoever is the proprietary owner) releases the game under a new license agreement it's always illegal to download a game.

A game is never automatically "abandoned". The fact that it's not available through retail sources anymore does not make a game "abandoned" either.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nobody wants to plays this. heck, if they pay me for it I wont play it even

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et fili, et spiritus sancti.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.