Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-25-2021 04:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Predestination.

What a mindfuck, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-28-2021 11:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
Wrath of Man
Absolute garbage but it has Jason Stathom to carry it.
3/10 for the one actual action scene it decided to include in a revenge film.

I stumbled across this and I'm going to persist to the end. Seems interesting thus far.... but I am only 30 minutes in so I am looking for the twists..

Finished next day AM. It wasn't bad, maybe 5/10 for me and yes, Jason Stathom carried it.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-29-2021 09:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched The Sting.

Yes, again but it has been years. That 1973 movie with Robert Redford, Paul Newman & Robert Shaw & many others of course... You know it but if you don't...
Quote:
Storyline
Johnny Hooker, a small time grifter, unknowingly steals from Doyle Lonnegan, a big time crime boss, when he pulls a standard street con. Lonnegan demands satisfaction for the insult. After his partner, Luther, is killed, Hooker flees, and seeks the help of Henry Gondorff, one of Luther's contacts, who is a master of the long con. Hooker wants to use Gondorff's expertise to take Lonnegan for an enormous sum of money to even the score, since he admits he "doesn't know enough about killing to kill him." They devise a complicated scheme and amass a talented group of other con artists who want their share of the reparations. The stakes are high in this game, and our heroes must not only deal with Lonnegan's murderous tendencies, but also other side players who want a piece of the action. To win, Hooker and Gondorff will need all their skills...and a fair amount of confidence.

Classic 9/10

IMDB

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-09-2021 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Reflecting Skin

6/10

David Lynch meets Terry Gilliam. Wouldn't recommend it per-se. It's very odd.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-10-2021 12:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
The Sting
Classic 9/10

:up: love this movie

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-06-2021 11:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Willem Dafoe movies I've have always thought were a little weird and Siberia (2019) is no exception. Still interesting :up:

I will really have to watch it again as it seems worth it if you can view, so I ask have you?

EDIT: 24 hours later ... Hard work this one..... I am still wrapping my head around this abstract :question: :confused:
If I have to score 4/10

Weird! This gives some clue, maybe....

Quote:
..... before we can get our bearings, we’re on a strange mind-bending journey or extended dream, as Dafoe travels around the world in the twinkling of an eye to Sub-Saharan deserts to Tryolian mountains to deep dark caves, pastoral landscapes and bottomless pits, reliving memories from his painful past. And, of course, this being a Ferrara movie, there are ample displays of nudity, sex, and disturbing images. Sometimes there's shocking violence, like a brutal bear attack on Dafoe that ends as suddenly as it begins.

Perhaps all the intentional madness and confusion could have worked if we had any clue to what Ferrara is trying to accomplish with all this. Is Dafoe dead in some sort of purgatory for his sins? Or is he just going through a really bad acid trip? Unfortunately, we’re not helped by the clumsy poor dialogue .....

Source

Now looking for the other Siberia with Keanu Reeves from 2018

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-09-2021 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Siberia (2018)

Yes the Keanu Reeves one... I just had to watch after that other Willem Dafoe namesake :smirk:
This, slow and sadly not as exciting as you might expect so I'd suggest a pass if you were at all considering to view..
5/10

IMDB

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-10-2021 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just watched Black Widow (2021). Decent flick and kept up well with the Marvel Universe. Heard reports this was Scarlett Johansson's last time playing the character.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-16-2021 09:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tombstone (1993)

Really good and I am amazed I've never viewed.

8/10

IMBD

EDIT: When I said really good, it's a must given the chance.

....and the appearance of Charlton Heston :up: and the death bed of Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-17-2021 04:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tombstone is my favorite Wyatt Erp story. The Kevin Costner Wyatt Erp film in the same era was crap.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 11:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After some 15 years I've just now re-watched Jacob's Ladder (1990)

This is the movie that made me being interested in movies really.
For others it might be Jaws or The Dirty Dozen or Pretty Woman.
For me this is the one.

I can't rate it. It's beyond a 10 to me. It just resonates on a very deep level with me although I don't have anything in common with the protagonist.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 08:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Tombstone is my favorite Wyatt Erp story.

Such an amazing cast too. I miss Bill Paxton :tear:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-21-2021 10:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
After some 15 years I've just now re-watched Jacob's Ladder (1990)

This is the movie that made me being interested in movies really.
For others it might be Jaws or The Dirty Dozen or Pretty Woman.
For me this is the one.

I can't rate it. It's beyond a 10 to me. It just resonates on a very deep level with me although I don't have anything in common with the protagonist.

Jacob's Ladder is an unbelievable film. Many have tried to copy it but none surpassed it.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 07-22-2021 02:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree, Jacob's Ladder is well worth the watch, awesome movie!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-22-2021 10:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Posted: 04-18-2013 05:06 PM
Whiskey 7 wrote:
The Book of Eli

Finally got to see this one. Nice. Bit dim & dark but then :smirk:

7/10

Just watched again near 10 years later. Interesting :up: and if you haven't, give it a go.
Awesome.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-24-2021 09:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am resurrecting some videos from long ago and enjoying them immensely.

Highlander, yes the original from 1986. Somehow I have a REMASTERED 720p Blu Ray version :)

Really good and I look forward to any followups.
Googles 1783 and what happened

... and the music

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-25-2021 12:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Really good and I look forward to any followups.

There are highlander 2 and 3 movies, but they're wank garbage. There's also a Highlander television series which wasn't terrible but not great either

Highlander 1 wasn't a particularly good movie either, but Queen's music makes up a lot for that.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-25-2021 02:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Black Widow

Average for a Marvel film. Still a fun watch. First movie I watched in the theater since 2019!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-25-2021 11:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Autómata 2014

The Antonio Banderas one. I really don't know how I missed this one :smirk: but I enjoyed.
7/10

IMDB

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-26-2021 09:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Marksman (2021)

Really good Liam Neeson movie.... No really good.
8/10

IMDB

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-27-2021 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cosmic Sin (2021)
This movie was pure trash. The plot was awful and despite having some decent actors (Bruce Willis, Frank Grillo, and Perrey Reeves) the acting was just as awful. The plot was all over the place and it was just painful to watch. I feel like any low-budget Bruce Willis movie is pure trash these days.

IMDB

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-27-2021 03:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jolt (2021)
While this movie is no box office breaker, it was entertaining, and the plot wasn't TOTALLY obvious. Kate Beckinsale is Kate Beckinsale...

Decent flick and found it entertaining.
>:E
IMDB

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-27-2021 06:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd say most Bruce Willis movies from the 2000s are unwatchable and the ones from 2010 and newer are Uwe Boll levels of absolute fucking trash.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-27-2021 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a shame really. He was great in Pulp Fiction and of course Die Hard.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-27-2021 09:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sixth Sense :up:

Edit: oh wait, that's from 1999.

Pulp Fiction is also a '90s movie and Die Hard is from 1988 :eek:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-27-2021 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Blue is the warmest color - 9/10

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 07-28-2021 02:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Medicine Man, starring Sean Connery, old movie but a good one, 8/10
https://www.google.com/search?q=Medicin ... u6rhfj8j2M

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-28-2021 04:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
I'd say most Bruce Willis movies from the 2000s are unwatchable and the ones from 2010 and newer are Uwe Boll levels of absolute fucking trash.

NOTHING BUT THE FAX!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-28-2021 05:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow. I knew Bruce had really gone down hill over the past decade or so, but it’s reaaaaly bad. The ratings of his last 8 films on IMDb:

And that’s just through 2019. He’s obviously not hurting for work, but I doubt we see him in any academy award winning films any time soon…

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-28-2021 07:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Jolt (2021)
While this movie is no box office breaker, it was entertaining, and the plot wasn't TOTALLY obvious. Kate Beckinsale is Kate Beckinsale...

Decent flick and found it entertaining.
>:E
IMDB

Will be watching soon :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-29-2021 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Sixth Sense :up:

Edit: oh wait, that's from 1999.

Pulp Fiction is also a '90s movie and Die Hard is from 1988 :eek:

So? I thought we were talking about Willis' general decline.

Speaking of, Pext is a pervert.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-31-2021 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Willem Dafoe movies I've have always thought were a little weird and Siberia (2019) is no exception. Still interesting :up:

That movie was made in Germany actually, in parts on soundstages at Bavaria Flm. The Black Forrest was used for the siberian landscape and most of the interior shots were done on smaller soundstages on the Bavaria Film-lot.
You don't disturb productions, that is a given. But that was one that I'd really have liked to have gotten autographs from. Ferrara and Dafoe. What a team!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-01-2021 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
That movie was made in Germany actually, in parts on soundstages at Bavaria Flm. The Black Forrest was used for the siberian landscape and most of the interior shots were done on smaller soundstages on the Bavaria Film-lot.
You don't disturb productions, that is a given. But that was one that I'd really have liked to have gotten autographs from. Ferrara and Dafoe. What a team!

Thanks for that info :up:

Re: The last movie you saw and I don't know how I missed this one over the years but it was my first view :smirk:

The Terminal (2004)

Quote:
An Eastern European tourist unexpectedly finds himself stranded in JFK airport, and must take up temporary residence there.

Yes the Tom Hanks one directed by Steven Spielberg. Really good and if you haven't, it is worth the time.
8/10

IMDB

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 08-04-2021 02:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Traded: 2016 movie, Trace Adams, Kris Kristofferson. 6/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5255524/

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-12-2021 11:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched lots of movies lately:

Capernaum
Watch it. Think about it.
Then read about it.
Beirut, Lebanon, is the city that this kind of mockumentary takes place in.
We are absolutely blessed compared to at least the other half of humankind.
8.5/10

Black Mirror: White Christmas
No Spoilers
8/10

Upgrade
Kinda dumb cyber-punk body-enhancing flick. Not the worst but lame in parts.
6/10

The Endless
Interesting premise. Well made for a micro-budget. Terrible CGI when they had to refer to it but it doesn't deter from the overall story, imo. Quite good.
7/10

Session 9
Psychological Horror-movie
Really good directing I think. Solid performance by the actors. It didn't quite do it for me story-wise.
6/10

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.